Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:42 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:41 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:35 pm harrison bergeron
ding
I hope kids still read that in school today.
Today? It wasn't required reading when I was in school and I'm as old as you. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

It was required at my school. Along with 1984, separate peace, all quiet on the western front, flowers for Alger on, and some others. This was 8th grade. Oh, Catcher in the rye, too.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I'm sure HB is considered to be waaaaaay too problematic, these days. It has the exact opposite message that "they" are trying to make normal.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

BNN shuts down after ratings "high".

Their biggest investor pulled out because they weren't making any money. Also the ratings "high" isn't stated in the article, but I'm guessing that at least a dozen people were tuned in!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:54 pm BNN shuts down after ratings "high".

Their biggest investor pulled out because they weren't making any money. Also the ratings "high" isn't stated in the article, but I'm guessing that at least a dozen people were tuned in!
These were the only ratings I could find: https://ctv.kwayisi.org/networks/bnc/

I checked the CNN numbers, and they seem in the right ballpark: https://ctv.kwayisi.org/networks/cnn/

I can only imagine they were hemorrhaging money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Wow, 4K viewers is even smaller than I thought it would be.

They're lucky they were around as long as they were.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Biden signs bill making lynching a federal hate crime.

This is politics and nothing more. It's lip service. Lynching is already attempted murder or murder depending on your success. Such crimes should be enough to get you put away for life and shouldn't need additional laws to make your punishment more severe. This is throwing a demographic a bone instead of all the other things you constantly promise them and fail to deliver. But maybe I'm just becoming more cynical...
He said, "Lynching was pure terror to enforce the lie that not everyone ... belongs in America, not everyone is created equal. Terror, to systematically undermine hard-fought civil rights. Terror, not just in the dark of the night but in broad daylight. Innocent men, women and children hung by nooses in trees, bodies burned and drowned and castrated."
"Their crimes? Trying to vote. Trying to go to school. Trying to own a business or preach the gospel. False accusations of murder, arson and robbery. Simply being Black," he continued.
Lynching was a terror tactic used against Black Americans, particularly in the racially segregated South.
My people, the Italians, would like to remind you about the biggest lynching in U.S. history.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Jussie releases a new song claiming he's innocent.

He's either legit batshit insane or this is the most brazen attempt at the "It wasn't me" strategy I've ever seen.

He said he was attacked by two white guys in MAGA hats shouting racist and anti-gay stuff. That was HIS official statement. The mere fact that the two guys were very black African natives that he knew personally is all you need to know. But if that's not enough, he also wrote them a personal check...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

"You need to control that motherf---er" is apparently a racist statement.

I don't think the guy should have been ejected and he certainly wasn't instigating since the other guy came to his dugout to yell that. However, I do think tying race to this statement is absolute bullshit. It's playing the race card where it shouldn't be played.

Also, it led to a historic first that I won't even mention because it's not getting the headlines that this is, so fuck women I guess?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:25 pm "You need to control that motherf---er" is apparently a racist statement.

I don't think the guy should have been ejected and he certainly wasn't instigating since the other guy came to his dugout to yell that. However, I do think tying race to this statement is absolute bullshit. It's playing the race card where it shouldn't be played.

Also, it led to a historic first that I won't even mention because it's not getting the headlines that this is, so fuck women I guess?
Control = Slavery
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

If one insists on being offended, yes, the idea could be twisted into that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:29 am If one insists on being offended, yes, the idea could be twisted into that.
Twisted like the braid of your slave-whip? Cracker.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

If one is always looking for racism, one will always find it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

What Gordon said.

How mentally damaged or brainwashed does one have to be to hear/see racism in everything, particularly any sort of criticism or harsh words?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:32 pm What Gordon said.

How mentally damaged or brainwashed does one have to be to hear/see racism in everything, particularly any sort of criticism or harsh words?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Kinda cute.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:40 pmKinda cute.
Yeah, missing a letter, but I was afraid I'd forget if I didn't do it immediately.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS denies appeal from black death row inmate who said racism was part of his conviction.

Ok, first of all...
The dispute arose in 2015, when Brenda Delgado hired Love to kill her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend, Dr. Kendra Hatcher. Love ultimately shot Hatcher in her car and robbed her.
You're not a subhuman piece of shit that should be removed from society because of the color of your skin, but because you accepted money to murder another person and then did it. Also, fuck your subhuman lawyers for trying to free you using a technicality.

Here's the crux of his (his lawyers') argument:
At trial, during jury selection, prospective juror Zachary Niesman, who is White, was asked on his jury questionnaire: "Do you sometimes personally harbor bias against members of certain races or ethnic groups." He replied "No." The next question asked, "Do you believe that some races and/or ethnic groups tend to be more violent than others." Niesman replied, "Yes, statistics show more violent crimes are committed by certain races. I believe in statistics."
Listen, I get it. He said, "Yes" when asked if some races and/or ethnic groups tend to be more violent than others. That would make one think he is racist or just using racist thinking. However, he was citing legit statistics and his answer fits how the question is posed. I'm not saying that he isn't a racist, but that answer doesn't prove he's racist. Point being, it's a badly written question.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Brad Stevens was the coach of the Celtics for 8 years, no NBA championships. Now is the GM, and hired a black coach, who is a first year head coach.

So, of course, Brad Stevens gets all the credit for this year's run to the NBA finals