Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:11 pm The TV Show Luther
That guy is right. This is something I was just discussing with my black friend, gay friend, trans friend, Asian friend, handicapped friend, non-binary friend, female friend, and whacky right wing next door neighbor. Hollywood shows really need to do more to show "authentic" circles of friends like mine.

:roll:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:45 pm Lebron James helps panhandler. :lol:
You got me.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black man stomps on Asian man's head.

This white supremacy is out of fucking control!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 am Black man stomps on Asian man's head.

This white supremacy is out of fucking control!
Fucking white people.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

White student at a law school reads a quote from a case in 1993. That quote quotes something else in the case which used the word "nigger". Outrage ensues.
On Friday, a faculty meeting included a discussion about whether to voluntarily bar racial epithets from being spoken in class, even if citing legal documents verbatim, as Lopez has requested be done.

“I share the views of several of our faculty members who understand and express to their students that this language is hateful and can be triggering, even in the context of a case, and ask that it not be used,” he wrote in an email to the school community soon after the petition began circulating.
Ok, it's still fine to drive through campus playing music that contains that word, right?
“Although we all deplore the use of racist epithets,” said Gary L. Francione, a law professor who also signed the statement, “the idea that a faculty member or law student cannot quote a published court decision that itself quotes a racial or other otherwise objectionable word as part of the record of the case is problematic and implicates matters of academic freedom and free speech.”
At least there's some logic in play...

Can we please, as a nation, start pushing the concept of intent? So many people need to learn what it means.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I saw it coming back when "perception is reality" became a thing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

White supremacist attacks Asian women with hammer.

I saw this story a day or two ago, but there was no video. CNN made no mention of the attacker's race (or sex) in that original article, which was a red flag. Yep.

I think I've posted 3 or 4 of these stories in the past month or so and every time CNN won't post the person's race...unless they're white.
Tell me again how the MSM isn't manipulating their audience. How it's just "Faux News".

How can we ever unite as a nation when our news sources, not to mention politicians, work so hard to divide us?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I'm waiting for the media to stop saying "Violence against asians," and start saying "Black violence against asians." If the race of the victim is relevant, then the race of the attacker is relevant.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 ame ever unite as a nation when our news sources, not to mention politicians, work so hard to divide us?
If they don't keep us divided, we might notice the real enemies in DC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

27 year old black man kills 77 year old customer over racial slur.

The slur isn't in the article and neither is the race of the victim. Being Tampa, it could be a white or Latino guy. Hell, he could be black.

The big takeaway continues to be that words only have whatever power you give them. In this case, the young man allowed a single word to destroy his life.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Literally "when keeping it real goes wrong."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:04 pm Literally "when keeping it real goes wrong."
Funny you say that as I originally included that in my post.

I feel so bad for the kid. Terrible moment of weakness, and obviously killing the guy wasn't the intent, but man you have to handle that differently.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Nah, the new conventional wisdom is we gotta punch nazis.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

And that's exactly what sucks for the kid. So much of our culture, especially the "tolerant", promote violence as a rational response to disagreements and words.

It's socially acceptable to "hit the Nazi" or gives him street cred to not allow himself to be disrespected. Violence should always be the final option.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I've been pointing out the growing hipocrisy of the "tolerant, peace loving liberal" for at least 20 years, now.

Nothing changes.

Which is why I stopped caring.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS might rule on "N word".
Robert Collier says that during the seven years he worked as an operating room aide at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, white nurses called him and other Black employees “boy." Management ignored two large swastikas painted on a storage room wall. And for six months, he regularly rode an elevator with the N-word carved into a wall.
Focusing on the elevator graffiti, Collier is asking the justices to decide whether a single use of the N-word in the workplace can create a hostile work environment, giving an employee the ability to pursue a case under Title VII of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964.
First of all, I think Collier should have won his case based on that first quoted section alone. As management you cannot control an individual's actions, but you can certainly order the removal of a swastika or racial slur written on a wall.

That being said, I'm very much against his case suggesting a single word can create a hostile workplace. That's bullshit. Do you know how easy it makes it to abuse that system? How many nooses were found in the past 5 years at workplaces by black employees and maybe 1 was legit, the rest were placed by that employee, and the other was famously a knot in a rope tied years before the "victim" was randomly assigned that garage.

If you work in a company with thousands and one day a single person decides to carve "nigger" into a bathroom stall, that doesn't automatically make the place a hostile work environment. If management refuses to fix the issue, then yes, we can discuss how long we give them, what financial considerations should be in place, and so on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black woman assaults white woman, who had her baby with her, while other black people stand around and watch.

The black woman appears to have instigated the entire thing as well. Black on white crime, yet "hate crime" is never mentioned. So strange. It's almost like that phrase only comes up when the races are reversed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Death of a 17 year old now labeled a hate crime.
The crime scene investigation, the FBI said, revealed a physical altercation took place between Long and her assailants before the fire started. The agency reported the suspects stole a Beretta handgun, an AK-47-style rifle, 2,000 rounds of ammunition, a green safe and jade figurine.
McGraw said there are no known suspects.
The FBI's Denver office didn't say which form of bias is being investigated in Long's case. The agency defines a hate crime as criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by the offender's bias against a religion, disability, ethnicity/national origin, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity.
I mean, how can one argue this isn't a hate crime? All the evidence points to...well, a robbery involving unknown suspects with unknown motives. Hate crime!

But seriously, what's the real motivation for the hate crime label?
Park County Sheriff Tom McGraw, whose office is also investigating the murder, said treating the case as a hate crime allows his department to qualify for more funding and resources.
So had this poor girl been white, nobody would care about her death and additional money and resources to solve her murder would be denied. Call me crazy, but that seems pretty racist.

And a fun added effect will be yet another number added to the list of "hate crimes" that CNN and FOX and their ilk will use to justify whatever divisive horseshit they're spewing.