Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

MLB player sees racism in announcer's comments.

This player and this announcer clearly have a history. So they know the real score. Unfortunately "racist" and "racism" are terms that get thrown around a LOT, so they have the same impact as the little boy who cried "wolf". Even if one's cries of "racism" aren't intentionally misleading, people are just being conditioned to look for hate in other people.

In this case, I can absolutely see the judgement and subtle racism in the announcer's comment. However, I still say maybe because I don't know the full story, and I could also see that comment simply being based on the announcer's jealousy of a younger player or plain ignorance in comparing a modern player to an older one via "durag".

I'd like to give the announcer the benefit of the doubt, but if I had to wager on it, I'd put my money on him being racist.

BLM founder steps down and blasts the organization claiming they are not about helping black people.

Race in school curriculums is causing loads of controversy.

Both sides have good and bad points. Who would have thought that the role race played throughout history would be a complex issue? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

But, whitey is still to blame.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Always.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Racist prank gets whitey upset.

It's funny, and anyone who sees "General Manager Mason" at the bottom should have known it was a prank, but in this social environment that shit could get someone killed. I could see Cleatus rolling up with his shotgun, or races reversed, some gang bangers pissed off shooting into the drive-thru window.

Pretty appropriate this happens at a Popeyes though. As I've said before, you could put a Popeyes in the richest neighborhood in your town, and it would still look like it was in the worst.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:36 am MLB player sees racism in announcer's comments.
"Voluntary leave of absence".

I would have won that bet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Racism against Asians is becoming a global problem.

Aside from the covid link to this new wave, I wonder how much China's spying, pirating, slaving, oppressive, environment killing, etc. regime plays a part in this as well? Loads of people are pretty ignorant and would probably equate all Asian people as Chinese.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

More white supremacy against Asians.

I know I keep joking about this, but someone should really be doing something to stop this shit.

If the attackers were white in this constant stream of violence, could you imagine the coverage it would be getting?
Troy

Today in racism

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:29 pm More white supremacy against Asians.

I know I keep joking about this, but someone should really be doing something to stop this shit.

If the attackers were white in this constant stream of violence, could you imagine the coverage it would be getting?
Same situation in the land of tolerance and love in the Bay Area right now. Black on Asian violence seems way up. Nobody wants to talk about it much, because it's such a touchy subject. The two cultures just seem to HATE each other. Liberal white techies looking on shocked.

E: I see Catt posted a link from 2010 a few posts up. yep. It's gotten worse, even.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:07 pm Black on Asian violence seems way up. Nobody wants to talk about it much, because it's such a touchy subject. The two cultures just seem to HATE each other.
I seem to remember a lot of Asian-Black violence in the 90s, maybe around Rodney White riots as well?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

How to create a divided populace:
1. Have Helen Hunt mention a Twister sequel featuring an all black and brown cast that she couldn't get made.
2. Never ask if she ever considered the possibility that her script sucked.
3. Also, do not bring up the poor box office performance of sequels and/or reimagining of existing properties so that it becomes "woke".
4. Simply imply the only possible reason it wasn't made is because of racism.

In other news...

A minority psychiatrist spoke to an audience of Yale medical students:
-Her speech was called "Psychopathic Problem of the White Mind"
-she "had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any White person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step."
-She bemoaned the emotional labor that many racial minorities in the United States say they must perform when talking to White people about race, and she declared that talking to White people about the topic was "useless." (Now go to the next bullet point...)
-She said her statements weren't for shock value, which she called "pointless," but for a deeper engagement about race. Khilanani said her comment about talking to White people about race was about feeling that way and not acting on it. "If I really believed talking to White people was futile, I wouldn't devote my time to writing a series about race and healing our country - starting with the conscious mind of White people," she said. "I am doing it because I care."

If you're keeping score at home, a women who daydreams about killing random white people with zero remorse says that discussing race with white people is useless, but defends herself by saying she's trying to talk to white people about race.

If you think it's tough talking to white people about race, imagine talking to minorities as a white person and knowing the slightest mistake can cost you your career...

From her website:
Yo. I am a forensic psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. I have specialized expertise in treating race, gender, sex, artists, and whiteness. Let's roll.
To be fair, I absolutely love her web site's design. However, she is quite clearly a bat shit insane racist. The worst kind too because she doesn't realize how much she hates white people. She is absolute preaching about how she is morally and intellectually superior to them, yet is so unaware of her own self that she is oblivious.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Gordo, I put this in the wrong thread originally. Re-type your comment here. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

"Only white people are racist." I hear that a lot. The technicality often given to explain this line of thinking is that white people have the power to act on their bigotry. That's pretty disputable considering the trends going on within this country, but I get the logic. I don't agree with it, but I understand the technicality the argument relies upon.

So here's a video "The Cut" did asking 100 black people "what white people are superior at": Found at this (very conservative) guy's site as it seems to have been pulled from YouTube.

Let's say this is blatant bigotry, and not racism because there is no "power" behind it. But isn't it proof of the racism that would exist if black people had the power to act on their bigotry? And it does nothing to explain the black vs Hispanic issues in prisons or the black vs Asian issues going on throughout the country.

Point being, can we stop saying only white people are racist or, at least, acknowledge that bigotry is as bad as racism? Hate is hate no matter what name you put on it or classification you give it.

We'll never get past this shit if we keep pretending only one group of people does it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

A bunch of recent media tells me that no one is looking for positive change for the future, they're looking for revenge for the past.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:30 pm FINALLY! A honkey gets busted assaulting an Asian.
Busted for cultural appropriation?

hehe
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

That's actually hilarious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Sweet. Another paid vacation day.

I wonder if Vegas is taking bets on which states will enact this last, ala MLK Jr. Day.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

94 year old Asian woman stabbed multiple times (she's recovering).

Officials are not sure if this is a hate crime. You wouldn't know that based on how the article is written and laid out. They clearly want you to think a certain way. They also don't include a picture of the attacker because he's very likely of Asian descent.

Billy Eilish under fire for potentially racist things she said when she was 14.