Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:12 am They also don't include a picture of the attacker because he's very likely of Asian descent.
He looks Hispanic to me.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:29 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:12 am They also don't include a picture of the attacker because he's very likely of Asian descent.
He looks Hispanic to me.
That's because you're racist. :D

I genuinely thought "half Asian-half Hispanic" when I first saw him.

Definitely not black or white.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:31 am
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:29 am
He looks Hispanic to me.
That's because you're racist. :D

I genuinely thought "half Asian-half Hispanic" when I first saw him.

Definitely not black or white.
His (last) name is Mexican, but that's all I got. His name is common in the Yucatan.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black TikTokers upset about dancing.

Holy shit is this article racist and bigoted. I'm really loving this narrative that white people have never created anything, just stolen it all. It's as truthful as the lie about everyone living in peace until whitey showed up.

Telling these lies constantly are certain to end racism and not lead to more division... :roll:

Also, how can you be upset on a platform that exists, almost exclusively, for users to mimic other people's IP? I'd wager that 80% or higher of all TikTok videos are people dancing like some other video they saw, pretending to sing while dancing to someone pop star's song, re-enacting another video they saw, or acting out dialogue from a movie. That's all TikTok is...

Do you know what this boycott amounts to? Less than nothing. Nobody cares except for this bigoted "journalist". Quite a brave stance to not list author names with articles. Allows people to anonymously spout off opinion as fact and not get checked or labeled for their credibility.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Present-day wokeness isn't about achieving justice for the future, it's about vengeance for the past.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

James Corden taking heat for pointing out that some Asians eat gross shit.

MSNBC's Tiffany Cross is as racist as it gets.

That's a far left black woman on a far left news outlet ripping a left wing white man because he dared speak about an issue involving race. Her entire rant is full of hate targeting white people and constantly brings up his race, his viewers' race, and his panelists' race, but apparently that all isn't racist because she's black and her target is white.

She makes it extremely clear that she does not believe white people deserve a voice.

Yahoo disabled comments on this particular story...wonder why... Either pull the story that promotes racism or allow comments.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Lots of petty crime in our area of Cary. And lots of people have Ring or other cameras these days, so inevitably there are videos of the people on our neighborhood boards of the criminals.

And so help me, they are almost always black people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

CA high school team stripped of title due to racism.
After the game, some members of the Coronado crowd threw tortillas at the opposing team's athletes following several heated disputes on the basketball court, according to witnesses and video footage.
The opposing team was mostly Latino players.

The coach was fired and there's more details of the actual incident here.

Did I miss a part of the story? Why was the HC fired for something that he did not plan, know about, or have any conceivable ability to prevent?
The board did not comment further on the reasoning behind Laaperi's firing
So political posturing...

"Tortilla distributor's side of the story" - also includes video of the incident.

One fan (who is apparently of some Mexican descent) brought tortillas, handed them out in the crowd "to be thrown only if we won" (something he claims he learned at other sports celebrations... :roll: ), and then "some" people threw them?

That makes the appropriate response to strip the team of the title, fire the head coach, and everything in this quote?:
The federation further sanctioned Coronado's basketball team and placed members on probation through the end of the 2024 school year, according to the news release.
The team and its athletic staff are also required to complete a sportsmanship workshop, which includes training on racial and cultural sensitivity.
Uh...we know who the fan is, so what is being done about him? How about identifying the TWO people (it's possible there is a third tortilla thrower) on video who threw the tortillas and punishing them? Maybe punish the actual people who did the crime rather than blanket punishing everyone you have power over? That sort of shit is nothing more than political posturing to convince the public you are doing something and worthy of re-election. It doesn't mean the correct thing is being done. Do you know what happens when you treat someone as if they are something they are not? They tend to become that something...

As for the MSM here, maybe don't imply a large percentage of the crowd was involved when it was just 2 people? Such bullshit creates more division. It creates more hate. I know that sells clicks, but eventually it's going to get people killed.

In other racism news, anti-Asian hate is so last month. Anti-Jewish hate is really in right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Seek first to understand find racial animosity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This is a story involving race, not racism, but I had no other place to put it.

First African American wins national spelling bee.

Thrilled for her. Seems like a great kid. I'm biased towards any kid that dreams of working for NASA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Fox news has no articles about the spelling bee, but wants to you know that the 'sexiest' female Olympian qualified.

OK, which of those 4 do you think is sexiest?

I'd say #1, then #2. And #3 and #4 are right out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:10 pm Fox news has no articles about the spelling bee
You made me curious, so I searched their site. Their article was a day ago, so it's probably been pushed off the front page? They did a follow up 5 hours ago discussing the words.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:10 pm OK, which of those 4 do you think is sexiest?
#2 all day. #1, then #3 because she looks a bit like Willow. #4 might be more attractive with different hair.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:56 pm #2 all day. #1, then #3 because she looks a bit like Willow. #4 might be more attractive with different hair.
Well, #2 is the one that's called the most attractive. I went #1 first. Liked her waist-hip better. But they are both attractive.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black ESPN host getting skewered for perceived anti-Asian comments.

I didn't listen to it, but knowing his mannerisms I'm guessing his statement came off as very aggressive.

Stephen A. Smith is an idiot, but I'll defend him slightly here. Yeah, someone not speaking the language is going to have a natural disconnect with the audience. However, it's not something that can't be overcome and his play on the field is what really matters.

Mike Tyson rarely spoke and when he did people made jokes about his voice, yet everyone tuned in to watch him fight. Many famous athletes were people of few words. Other, like LeBron James and Kyrie Irving, should say a lot less.

Article discussing how white progressives, this time two ESPN personalities, are the worst racists.

Fuck this bitch. Racist? Yep. However, trying to kill someone's dog just because? Death penalty.

Clearly mentally ill woman punches 6 year old Asian kid.

Federal judge withdraws his opinion when it is revealed anti-white racism played a big role in the case and he was not aware.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 pm Article discussing how white progressives, this time two ESPN personalities, are the worst racists.
They may have had a point to make, but the author lost me here:
White celebrities like Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, and Katy Perry will always find themselves touting their support for the cause, but will turn around and culturally appropriate our cornrows and locs when it’s marketable.
Justin Beiber stole cornrows and kept a person of color from making money off their cornrows.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 pm Clearly mentally ill woman punches 6 year old Asian kid.
I wonder if foreign travel agencies in Asia warn their citizens to avoid african americans, while in the USA. They probably should.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:58 pm
White celebrities like Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, and Katy Perry will always find themselves touting their support for the cause, but will turn around and culturally appropriate our cornrows and locs when it’s marketable.
Justin Beiber stole cornrows and kept a person of color from making money off their cornrows.
"Cultural appropriation" is one of the dumbest and most racist things ever invented.

Cornrows are a great example. Cornrows are not unique to black culture. They've been seen in historical artifacts and whatnot going back to the dawn of time when people around the globe were completely unaware of one another. Every race invented cornrows on their own.

How about we all crawled out of the same swamp or came from Adam and Eve, so all culture is humanity's culture? Maybe stop being so divisive and racist?

Also, why is it only cultural appropriation when whitey does something?