Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Nooses found at Amazon construction site.

Clearly one of the workers, and honestly, these days it could be anyone, no matter their skin color. Could be "hate", could simply be someone looking for attention.
The latest noose was discovered Wednesday afternoon at the site, hanging on overhead beams, according to WTNH. The incident occurred during a lunch break, when many workers had left the area, police said.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Tulsi Gabbard made a public statement condemning Chicago mayor Lightfoot's plan to do something with POC reporters over white ones. (I didn't get the details on what she promised.)

Of course Twitter has exploded to showcase how toxic and ignorant the vast majority of people are on there. Pick your cliche:
"There's no such thing as racism towards white people." "Republicans are evil." Etc.

The funny part is Tulsi Gabbard is a Samoan born American Hindu and Democrat. Most of the Twitter verse doesn't seem to know that and is blasting her and "all Rs". :D

In other racism news, yet another white supremacist attacks an Asian person in NY.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Free handouts from the government to non-white farmers is shockingly creating tension and anger.

I love how the article details the angry farmers as "conservative" multiple times. The propaganda machines never stop.

Here's the problem with the government's actions: They're not hurting the corporate owned and run megafarms. The ones that actually dominate the industry. Instead, they're giving a huge advantage to non-white farmers who own much smaller operations. So all the white farmers at that same level are given the finger because of the color of their skin.

Tough situation no matter the industry. I get wanting to offset long term discrimination, but by selectively giving handouts based on race, while not actually doing anything about the actual dominators of an industry, you're being racist and creating more racial resentment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Worked well for Zimbabwe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Amy Cooper suing for unlawful termination.

I am severely torn on this.

She's racist, ignorant, selfish, and was way, way in the wrong during this incident. That being said, should she have lost her career over a verbal confrontation in a park while not representing her company? Honestly, the minute she called police and lied about him threatening her, I think yes. Not only yes, but charge her with something. That being said, if she won, it would hurt cancel culture, which would be a win for society.

Nah, I can't root for this bitch. This is different than someone being fired for innocently, accidentally, or ignorantly saying something they shouldn't have or doing so at a time when it was acceptable.

---------------------------------------------------

Walmart got hacked and someone sent out racist emails on their behalf.

My guess is disgruntled employee or social activist upset over Walmart's employment policies.

--------------------------------------------------

Andrew Yang faces racism because he's not "a real NYer".

---------------------------------------------------

8th noose found at Amazon construction in Connecticut.

This is disturbing:
"This one was clearly a noose," Melanson noted during the press conference Wednesday, adding that it remains unclear when it was originally placed. In previous statements, the department had said some of the seven ropes "could be interpreted as nooses."
So the prior 7 might not have even been nooses? Then why did the headlines scream "nooses found"? Journalism 2021!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:40 pm Honestly, the minute she called police and lied about him threatening her, I think yes.
Yep.

This cartoon is not racist. Although, apparently in the original version his eyes were different, haven't seen it, if so.
Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:40 pm the department had said some of the seven ropes "could be interpreted as nooses."
wtf?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Agreed on the cartoon, although CNN obviously disagrees.

Also, do you know how many knots resemble nooses?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:55 pm Also, do you know how many knots resemble nooses?
I was never a boyscout, so, no.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

A lot, but you could make an irrational argument that they all do.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

A necktie could be interpreted as a noose, and often is.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Yet ANOTHER white supremacist attacks an Asian person.

Could you imagine how the MSM would be reporting these incidents if white people were involved?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:49 am Yet ANOTHER white supremacist attacks an Asian person.

Could you imagine how the MSM would be reporting these incidents if white people were involved?
That just looked like a crazy dude.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:58 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:49 am Yet ANOTHER white supremacist attacks an Asian person.

That just looked like a crazy dude.
As opposed to the perfectly sane ones randomly attacking people? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 am As opposed to the perfectly sane ones randomly attacking people?
OK, but this one I saw on video. Somehow, I always figure there's some precipitating event, but that dude was crazy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Every single one I have posted has been on video. They have all been unprovoked attacks. They are all crazy. You don't randomly punch someone or attack them with a hammer if you are stable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:01 pm Every single one I have posted has been on video. They have all been unprovoked attacks. They are all crazy. You don't randomly punch someone or attack them with a hammer if you are stable.
MAYBE YOU'RE THE CRAZY ONE AND THEY ARE THE SANE ONES
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I mean, why do you hate Asians?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:16 pm I mean, why do you hate Asians?
I hate everyone!
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This guy is crazy.

That cop was dead if the crowd didn't help.

Finally a white attacker of an Asian person...does Hispanic count as white? Asking for a friend.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Just kill him alreayd.