Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Yep, and depending on how the flags were displayed, the Zambranos were probably breaking the law.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Looks fake. Two.different qualities of penmanship.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Something I've been pondering, if censorship only counts when the government does it, does the same thing apply to racism?

if private entities are free to engage in censorship, are private entities and people allowed to engage in racism?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Looks fake. Two.different qualities of penmanship.
I have seen that same argument and I'm very hopeful you are correct.
GORDON wrote: Something I've been pondering, if censorship only counts when the government does it, does the same thing apply to racism?

if private entities are free to engage in censorship, are private entities and people allowed to engage in racism?
Great question.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Something I've been pondering, if censorship only counts when the government does it, does the same thing apply to racism?

No, because the law prevents that, for the most part. Where as censorship is 1st amendment, which only limits what the government can do.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Asian man tells black man he's in a a "no nigger zone"

He's pretty... nonchalant about it. And... fired.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I guess they can no longer hold up signs that say, "No Vietnamese ever called me n-word."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

The article is adamant that he was arrested, but it doesn't detail the arrest. What exactly would he be arrested for? Saying the n-word is not something you can be arrested for or the jails would be full of rappers and black people.

Wait...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The article is adamant that he was arrested, but it doesn't detail the arrest. What exactly would he be arrested for? Saying the n-word is not something you can be arrested for or the jails would be full of rappers and black people.

Wait...
Ng, 74, was arrested on disorderly conduct charges following the incident. He could not immediately be reached and it is not clear if he has a lawyer. Ng told KPNX that he shouldn’t have made the comment and plans to plead not guilty.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

"Disorderly conduct" can be applied to anything they want.... soooo........
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Thank you, for some reason I could not see it.

Disorderly conduct? I'll take charges that will be quietly dropped by the DA for $500 Alex.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I laughed that they separate Rs from Fox News Rs. That's hilarious.

I'd have to see how they did this study to really buy it though. I believe all the R answers, but I don't think I buy the D answers being the exact same percentage. You'd think there would be some variation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I laughed that they separate Rs from Fox News Rs. That's hilarious.

I'd have to see how they did this study to really buy it though. I believe all the R answers, but I don't think I buy the D answers being the exact same percentage. You'd think there would be some variation.
https://www.prri.org/research/amid-mult ... he-nation/

Search for "The Role of Race in Protests" to find the details they do provide.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

They randomly called 1,007 adults. Adults who seem to be very religious, so I'm guessing this being a religious "institute", they are people they have in their own database. They don't actually break down the demographics of their respondents though. They might have talked to 7 Rs and 1,000 Ds. No idea. Or maybe based on this those numbers were reversed:
Nearly nine in ten (89 percent) Americans say that speaking English is an important part of being “truly American,” while close to seven in ten (69 percent) say that believing in God is essential to a truly American identity. Fifty-eight percent say that being born in America is an important part of being American, and a narrow majority (53 percent) says that being Christian is an important part of being truly American, while 43 percent say it is not an important part.
I did mention "very religious", right?

I also wish that if they were separating Rs and Fox News Rs, they would have also separated Ds from Bernie Ds.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

CA voters say no to Affirmative Action.

Look at these two sides of the same coin...
Supporters raised $31 million and included chambers of commerce, tech companies, celebrities such as Rita Moreno and Issa Rae and Democratic leaders. They say affirmative action programs are critical to undoing generations of systemic racism and sexism that holds back people of color and women and ran ads likening opponents to white supremacists.
In contrast, opponents raised $1.6 million, fueled by smaller donations from a grassroots network that includes Chinese immigrants worried that public universities will bypass Asian American applicants with higher scores and grades in favor of lower-scoring African American and Latino students. They say discrimination should stay illegal.
Maybe stop calling everyone that opposes you on every issue racists?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

It's interesting when one side says something is anti-racism, and the other side says something is super racist, and they're both correct.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Funny how discrimination is discrimination no matter who it targets.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I stopped trying to argue that truism. Too many "yeah buts," and then the argument is all about feelings.