Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Holy shit, that bar is my downtown hangout.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:22 pm Holy shit, that bar is my downtown hangout.
Whoa, gay bars are usually much friendlier than this.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:53 pm
GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:22 pm Holy shit, that bar is my downtown hangout.
Whoa, gay bars are usually much friendlier than this.
Well done.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I like the characters in there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty sure that would be illegal. I was surprised to see 70% of people say Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

People like what they like, and biology has always been racist/sexist/homophobic.

But let's make more rules criminalizing the human brain.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:27 am People like what they like, and biology has always been racist/sexist/homophobic.

But let's make more rules criminalizing the human brain.
Business laws, public accommodation, blah blah blah
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Bake the cake, citizen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:25 am Bake the cake, citizen.
It's weird when the law has to make you act like a decent human being.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

It's weird that being decent has been legislated in the land of the free.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:43 am Pretty sure that would be illegal.
Perhaps they don't do groups? (Throwback to a Family Guy joke...)

Now I want prostitution to be legal just so this can become a court case.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I wonder how much of that number is gang shit?

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:13 am I wonder how much of that number is gang shit?
Maybe it's just basketball games gone wrong?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:09 am
Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:13 am I wonder how much of that number is gang shit?
Maybe it's just basketball games gone wrong?
That's fucking awful, but it's our culture.

This should be required viewing:
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Racism countered with racism?

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:53 pm Racism countered with racism?
Black people love Walmart. Oh, wait.

Yeah, I thought the whole black/white delegation thing was trading people for other people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:23 am Yeah, I thought the whole black/white delegation thing was trading people for other people.
It was a draft. Although, the black and white delegations did make a trade during it. I think OJ for Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice?

The more I think about this the more I wonder if the second comment is racist. Is it racist to point out historical precedence?

Was it racist to point out that 13% of the population is responsible for 60% of the murders? Seems like that is something that should be discussed so it can get resolved...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:42 am Was it racist to point out that 13% of the population is responsible for 60% of the murders? Seems like that is something that should be discussed so it can get resolved...
It's weird to me that it doesn't get talked about more without getting shutdown as racism. People aren't saying "all black people are murderers" or anything of the sort.
I’m a bit sleepy tonight but when I wake up I’m going death con 3 On JEWISH PEOPLE. The funny thing is I actually can’t be Anti Semitic because black people are actually Jew also You guys have toyed with me and tried to black ball anyone whoever opposes your agenda.
- Kanye West on Twitter (got removed)
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:04 am People aren't saying "all black people are murderers" or anything of the sort.
Exactly. There's a cultural problem beyond poverty (the most common excuse) that needs to get addressed. More white people are in poverty than black people, yet the violent crime isn't as prevalent. So what the hell is going on? Country music also doesn't send a message of slinging rock, being in gangs, money being everything, disrespecting women, carrying guns, and resorting to violence the send you feel disrespected. (I don't think it does...? I don't listen to that shit.)

Again, there's a real cultural issue, which is something a lot of black leaders have been saying as well. Saying "black people are more prone to violence" is racist. Saying "black American culture glorifies violence" isn't racist because there's more than enough evidence proving it.