Uber/Lyft

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Uber had disabled emergency braking because it apparently triggered too often.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

That's not going to look good in court.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Saw this ad running the past few days as Uber tries to fix its image:

Today: Uber driver shoots and kills passenger.

Timing truly is the secret to comedy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

I Uber 5 ton6 times when going to Boston.

Fortunately, I have not yet been shot or raped.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

C’mon...you kinda want to get raped.
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Dad, to daughter: "Yeah, he does kind of look like a child molester. Send Gene to take his order, instead."
Gene (his son): "Wait, why do I have to get molested?"
Dad: "You won't get molested."
Gene: "Why?"
Dad: "Well, because you know. You're heavy."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Ummm. Women accuse Uber of not warning them of people pretending to be Uber drivers
Nine people were sexually assaulted by "fake Uber drivers" between September 2016 and February 2018 in Los Angeles, a new lawsuit alleges.

The lawsuit is being brought by three of the individuals, all listed as Jane Does, who claim they were raped by individuals who posed as Uber drivers to pick up passengers. It was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday.
The Jane Does are accusing Uber of negligence, arguing the company failed to warn them and other customers about fake drivers targeting women who were drinking in the area, despite being allegedly warned by law enforcement, according to the complaint.
The suit comes more than a week after University of South Carolina student Samantha Josephson was kidnapped and killed when she got into a vehicle she mistakenly thought was the Uber she ordered.
According to the complaint, law enforcement warned Uber on at least five occasions of assaults by fake Uber drivers within a section of Los Angeles where several popular nightclubs are located. The lawsuit claims the warnings came from the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, and took place before the first Jane Doe was allegedly raped on June 18, 2017.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

I have a solution!

All Uber/Lyft cars will be required to be marked so they're easily identifiable. Then we can make their drivers register so they're easily tracked. And...oh wait...
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Uber would partner with Satan to get your $$$, and Lyft wouldn't?
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Uber would partner with Satan to get your $$$, and Lyft wouldn't?
Kinda.

Uber is trying to be the "everything". Lyft just wants to get you from place A to place B...safely.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Uber would partner with Satan to get your $$$, and Lyft wouldn't?
Kinda.

Uber is trying to be the "everything". Lyft just wants to get you from place A to place B...safely.
What if we could get them from A to B, and rape them, too?
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

"Don't meet strangers on the internet, and don't get into cars with them. Unless they have an Uber sticker in the window, then it's legit."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Drivers striking.

Why?
Participating drivers say they intend to send a message to Uber and its rivals: They want livable incomes, job security and regulated fares, among other demands.
So you want to be cab drivers?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So you want to be cab drivers?
Right?

Although, for the same $$$, I'd probably still rather have the Uber.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Some mother fucker gave me a 4.0 rating as a rider in the past week. I want to nuke him (or her). Took my 4.91 down to a 4.90.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

I still have a 5 star rating. Woot!
Vince

Uber/Lyft

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Some mother fucker gave me a 4.0 rating as a rider in the past week. I want to nuke him (or her). Took my 4.91 down to a 4.90.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Some mother fucker gave me a 4.0 rating as a rider in the past week. I want to nuke him (or her). Took my 4.91 down to a 4.90.
THESE ARE REAL PROBLEMS, VINCE