Uber/Lyft

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

Uber/Lyft

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Some mother fucker gave me a 4.0 rating as a rider in the past week. I want to nuke him (or her). Took my 4.91 down to a 4.90.
THESE ARE REAL PROBLEMS, VINCE
Okay, that got me :-)
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Ummm..
Uber Eats has added an option that allows customers to order food via app and eat it in the restaurant it was ordered from.
The service effectively eliminates the need for delivery drivers.
Diners aren't charged for the service. Instead, restaurants pay a fee that varies by market.
Launched in November, the new service is now being tested in several cities.
"When you place an order through the Eats app and you go to the restaurant to collect it, you can then choose to sit in the restaurant to eat your food," Uber said in an FAQ.
On the bright side, I got my 4.90 back up to a 4.91. Hopefully they banned the person who gave me a 4.0.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Ummm..
Uber Eats has added an option that allows customers to order food via app and eat it in the restaurant it was ordered from.
The service effectively eliminates the need for delivery drivers.
Diners aren't charged for the service. Instead, restaurants pay a fee that varies by market.
Launched in November, the new service is now being tested in several cities.
"When you place an order through the Eats app and you go to the restaurant to collect it, you can then choose to sit in the restaurant to eat your food," Uber said in an FAQ.
Thank goodness technology has solved that problem. Going to a restaurant to eat? The future is blowing my mind!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thank goodness technology has solved that problem. Going to a restaurant to eat? The future is blowing my mind!
Right?

I assume it's for restaurants that don't do online ordering, or an easier way for them to do it, but still....
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

This might go under the parent of the year thread later, but for now it seems unlikely, and I hope it stays that way.

Ride share driver steals kid, who is now missing, and blames the dad.

Fucked up story. I tend to believe the dad right now because why would he call the police and why would he involve a random stranger? AND WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU AGREE TO DRIVE A CHILD YOUR PASSENGER SAYS HE SOLD AND HAND HER OVER TO THE SUPPOSED BUYER?!?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: AND WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU AGREE TO DRIVE A CHILD YOUR PASSENGER SAYS HE SOLD AND HAND HER OVER TO THE SUPPOSED BUYER?!?
Right?

What the fuck is going on here?
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Police have since said they now believe that Nancy was not just the family’s Uber driver but instead was in a relationship with the father.

“Sharena Nancy and Paul Johnson became acquainted intermittently over the last few months — so they were known to each other,” Superintendent McDonough said at a news conference held with Nelani’s grandmother. “They were friends, they were in the beginnings of an intermittent romantic relationship.”

“We believe that an argument ensued at approximately 5 p.m. or so. Mr. Johnson and [Johnson’s friend] exited the vehicle with the intention of taking Nalani with them when Ms. Nancy pulled away with the child in the vehicle.”
So... bitch be crazy? :(
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Only mental illness can justify murdering a 2 year old to get back at a lover, and that particular mental illness means you either need to be locked up forever or put down.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Sounds like according to California law, this was a correct decision.

But the anarchist in me wants to see them pull out of California , so the lawmakers can feel the retribution of the pissed off city people.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Uber lost $3B in three months.

Ouch.
Actually, $5B in 3 months...Only $1.3B was operating though, the rest was stock based comp. Those people should probably sell.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

So... I feel like I would START with the police, then work back to Uber...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Only 1% of uber riders tips every ride. 60% never tip.

wtf? These people are struggling cuz uber/lyft pay dick.

I always tip.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Only 1% of uber riders tips every ride.
That's crazy. I am also in the 1%.
TheCatt wrote: 60% never tip.
People suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Well, turns out that data was from 2017, so it may not have been updated for when uber added more tipping options to the app
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Well, turns out that data was from 2017, so it may not have been updated for when uber added more tipping options to the app
Honestly, I'd bet that had a LOT to do with those numbers.