Uber/Lyft

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

That's fantastic.

I think food delivery services and their ridiculous markups are such a great statement about how lazy and short sighted people are these days.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:59 am That's fantastic.

I think food delivery services and their ridiculous markups are such a great statement about how lazy and short sighted people are these days.
I literally had a 50% off coupon the other day at postmates/uber eats. It was $50 of food, after the 50%, plus fees + tip... it was $50.
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Reddit was recommending me a sub by food delivery drivers, telling their stories. I had to put it on ignore because 90% of them are, "They are offering a $2 tip for a 7 mile drive, who the fuck do they think they are?"

JUst decline and move on, fuckface.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:21 am JUst decline and move on, fuckface.
I was reading someone complaining about 7 trips, only 3 tipped.

I assume they get punished for turning down too many things? I dunno.

I tip generously.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:26 am I tip generously.
I'm Italian, so it goes without saying that I typically over tip. :D

That's part of why I don't do delivery whenever possible. It adds a large number to my order and that shit adds up.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Young person: "no one needs a car, they are bad for the environment and public transportation should be everywhere."

Also young person: "Damn all these fees for delivery make it hard to have my morning Starbucks and avacado toast delivered."

Because all young people are retarded.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

I take Uber/Lyft every time for work. To the airport, from airport to the office, then in reverse when I come home.

My sense of smell isn't very good due to years of sinus issues, maybe smoking, etc.

My wife and I went up to Boston, and she HATES Uber/Lyfts, because they "ALWAYS have air fresheners." I told her I hadn't really noticed, but that some of them did, certainly.

We took 6 Uber/Lyfts during our trip. Every single one had at least one air freshener. Even better, the final ride home from airport to our house... The car had FIVE of them hanging from the rearview mirror, and 1 each in the middle two air vents.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:48 pm My sense of smell isn't very good due to years of sinus issues, maybe smoking, etc.
I have also smoked, but my sense of smell is crazy good. I'm betting it's the sinuses.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Sexual assault by drivers is apparently pretty common.

They should add a box in the app that you can check if you don't want to be raped.
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Sexual assault, or "sexual assault?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:48 am Sexual assault by drivers is apparently pretty common.

They should add a box in the app that you can check if you don't want to be raped.
$12 cheaper for rape car... works.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

People are cheapskates
Uber and Lyft drivers in the U.S. are receiving tips for rides just 28% of the time, according to a study by gig worker tech company Gridwise. And that might help explain part of the reason why thousands of gig workers staged a strike on Valentine’s Day over low pay.
88% of food delivery trips receiving a tip. Grocery deliveries via apps were tipped less than takeout food, with about 74% of all deliveries getting a tip.
I want them to know I tip when they get a chance to get my order. I tip well.
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Looking forward to the studies in which they realize they're not even breaking even, when the wear-and-tear on their personal car is factored in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm Looking forward to the studies in which they realize they're not even breaking even, when the wear-and-tear on their personal car is factored in.
This is probably accurate.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, feels like a job of desperation. Which is why I tip well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

We overpaid for an Uber Eats order tonight. But it was late by 5 minutes, so they gave us 40% of the money back. So at that point it was a deal, but late. The good news is the restaurant is what made it late, not the driver. So it was still hot.