40 aint no joke - General fitness thread

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've heard the hardest part of going vegetarian is telling your dad you're gay.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've heard the hardest part of going vegetarian is telling your dad you're gay.
Well, I should have said pescatarian, and I figured Thib would tell me first.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I've heard the hardest part of going vegetarian is telling your dad you're gay.
This made me chuckle OL.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
This made me chuckle OL.
To prove vegetarianism was healthy, I was going to post pictures of jacked vegetarian guys, but, uh...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:
This made me chuckle OL.
To prove vegetarianism was healthy, I was going to post pictures of jacked vegetarian guys, but, uh...
To be fair, I'm 100% certain there are some. However, I'm highly skeptical of them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: o be fair, I'm 100% certain there are some. However, I'm highly skeptical of them.
Cam Newton is vegan. Tony Gonzalez was vegan at the end of his career. Tom Brady isn't far from vegetarian. Tyrann Mathieu is vegan.

Tia Blanco (surfer) is vegan.

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

My eating has changed quite a bit too. ZERO fast food since the shutdown. Except pizza. We have ordered a couple of pizzas in the past few weeks. Biggest change has been:
High protein
Carbs and Fat happen when they happen.
Whole/natural food

We have severely cut back on breads/pasta/boxed foods. The shut down has cut me off from fast food entirely. It's also given us more time at home to research recipes to find ones that are good for us, and good to eat.

We still eat crap, because we are lazy and it tastes good. Stoufers Pizzas being our biggest weakness. But lots of eggs, with half the toast I used to. Very little mac and cheese, spaghetti, etc. Lots more beef/chicken based meals. I'm even eating fish which I have sworn off since becoming an adult and not being forced to eat it by my parents.

Most of our carbs come from natural sources (vegitables, beans, fruits, etc) as apposed to bread/pasta/candy. Oh, and pretzels. I still eat the fuck out of pretzels. We cut out pop, near 100% for a long time. I have recently started drinking it again because when consumed in moderation, it doesn't seem to affect my weight.

So, far from perfect, but my eating habits were so fucked before, that even eating boxed pizzas and drinking pop, I'm losing weight. The weight loss is very slow now, but honestly, I'm about where I want to be. I just have to get rid of my gut. I'm down to my last belt notch. I have also stopped working out. BUT, I've been doing major house stuff which is kicking my ass. So, not working out, but not sitting idle either.

Over all, I still eat a lot of food, but it's all better/natural/non-processed food, and it's made a big difference. WAYWAYWAY more sustainable than the Keto diet I did a while ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Stoufers Pizzas being our biggest weakness.
Man did I fucking love those french bread pizzas as a kid.
Cakedaddy wrote: We cut out pop, near 100% for a long time.
I'm driving to SC next week for a single overnight trip. I'm taking an SUV full of computer equipment and it'll be empty on the way back. Do you want me to fill it with Cheerwine? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Man did I fucking love those french bread pizzas as a kid.
Even as a kid I knew those were gross.
Leisher wrote: Cheerwine
Man that shit is good.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Man did I fucking love those french bread pizzas as a kid.
Even as a kid I knew those were gross.
Leisher wrote: Cheerwine
Man that shit is good.
That's amazing, every word you just said is wrong
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Even as a kid I knew those were gross.
I think it was the first thing I knew how to make on my own. Emotional connections to food improves the taste.
GORDON wrote: That's amazing, every word you just said is wrong
Yup.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Emotional connections to food improves the taste.
It does, but have you had one in the past few decades? That's pizza for people who can't get real pizza.

It's like when you run out of hot dog buns and have to use bread.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Those french bread pizzas?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Those french bread pizzas?
Yes. Ick. I mean, my kid likes them, but... she's a kid.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: I'm driving to SC next week for a single overnight trip. I'm taking an SUV full of computer equipment and it'll be empty on the way back. Do you want me to fill it with Cheerwine?
Fill?. . (thinking about it). . . . YES! but really no. But, I would take 3 cases (24 packs). Last trip down, that's what I came home with. They were rationed so long I think they expired. They didn't seem as carbonated as they were when we first got them. And even when fresh off the shelf, Cheerwine looses its fizz QUICK.

I have an Ohio project starting in two weeks so would be passing through and able to pick them up!

TheCatt wrote: That's pizza for people who can't get real pizza.
Pretty much our predicament. But we also just like them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I guess flexitarian is the right word, with a preference for vegetarian/fish. I've had 6 meals in the past 3 days. 4 were vegetarian. 1 was fish. Then, my favorite food truck in the world came by the neighborhood last night, so I had beef bulgogi quesadillas. Good God, if all food could just taste like that.

I tried to order a mix of beef + tofu quesadillas (1 of each), but they apparently forgot the tofu, and just gave me a plain cheese one for the latter.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wife made black bean burgers tonight. Literally the best black bean burgers ever. Granted, that’s a low bar, bu they were really good
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

sampled one at costco once, was good.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wife made them from scratch. At first I thought she was crazy for spending so much time on them. But they were delish.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: but have you had one in the past few decades?
No, and I refuse to get them. I'll stick with the good memories.
Cakedaddy wrote: But, I would take 3 cases (24 packs).
It will be done.
TheCatt wrote: tofu quesadillas
If you order tofu around me, I will smack you. Friends don't let friends eat tofu.