Diet and Exercise

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:32 pm People shitting on new Nike IG ad, but I'm in favor of it. She represents more of America than someone with a perfect body. Plus, she's exercising. She's putting in the work. She's showing people that size that it's not too late and they can do something about it.
I mean, I don't want to watch it, but I basically agree with you.

Better to be fat and fit than just fat.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

I was telling my kid the other day that people who go to the gym regularly, generally, are not judgemental about out of shape people who start showing up. This is the opposite of popular perception.

The gym rats may not expect you to ultimately succeed, because most don't, but they'll respect you for showing up to try.

It's influencers who shame people. Kick THEM out of the gym.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:19 pm Kick THEM out of the gym.
There's a Twitter guy, something "Swoll" who is on a mission to eliminate the entitled assholes who film themselves or others at the gym. If you want to film yourself, do so at home. You're in a public place and you are not the center of the universe. Anyone caught filming others should be banned from the gym and forfeit their membership fees.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Diet and Exercise

Post by thibodeaux »

This is the best gym video youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@OEFitness/videos
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pm This is the best gym video youtube channel:
I saw the locked knees on that leg press overkill, and I just had to turn it off.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:35 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pm This is the best gym video youtube channel:
I saw the locked knees on that leg press overkill, and I just had to turn it off.
I had the same thought. I was cringing, waiting for the backwards legs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

I laughed
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Fat people finally put Jenny Craig out of her misery.

USA! USA! USA!
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

I drink no more than 1 fake sugar drink a day. Figure at that level it probably doesn’t matter much.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Former NFL player loses 100 lbs by water fasting for 40 days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

More weight loss drugs on the way.

I genuinely didn't know these even existed until this week.

"Doctor" pens an excuse for fat people.

I'm no shrink, but I'll bet a lot of them were slapping their foreheads reading that garbage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:05 pm I genuinely didn't know these even existed until this week.
They've been super popular for at least 6 months. You posted a link about Amy Schumer mentioning them the other day.

A friend of mine is on Mounjaro, and has lost 50 pounds (and still has 50 to lose(!)). They're all about $1k/month, no insurance for weight loss use.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

50 pounds, in what amount of time?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:19 pm 50 pounds, in what amount of time?
Dunno, a few months, I believe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

She's right. IF we're talking about intellectually or morally. However, if we're talking about aesthetics, fitness, anything health related, etc. then she's very, very wrong.

For example: Her body is not one that most men would consider sexy or desirable. The vast majority of people that go to the gym can likely run faster than her, lift more than her, hold their breath longer, have better stamina, probably have far fewer health issues, and are doing something to extend their life.

Does that make them "better"? Yes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Fasting.

I don't follow anything in particular. I mostly: 1) Breakfast is green tea, no sugar/honey/whatever. 2) Maybe I eat lunch, maybe I don't. 3) Maybe I eat dinner, maybe I don't.

And I try to avoid sugars explicitly, carbs mostly (But I might eat a sandwich. But if pizza, I scrape off the toppings to eat. No fries, chips, etc).

Overall, being keto seems to make ignoring meals easier.

In the past, I've taken electrolytes to counter the headaches that sometimes come with fasting (see snake juice on Amazon). It tastes terrible, though.

When I've been more structured about it, I used the guidelines here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fasting/

At this point in time, I'm not fasting more than 1 day (so OMAD like). And I've cranked up my lower intensity exercise (walking, biking) and still swimming. Harder without carbs to do high intensity exercise, imho.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

I've found the dieting that worked in my 30s didn't work in my 40s, and now in my 50s what worked in my 40s doesn't work now.

Getting old is horse shit. It's like I'm destined to get old and fat.