Running Bad

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Running Bad

Post by TheCatt »

I assume that's the lesson from the 21 people who died in this Chinese ultramarathon race.
One of the last things Zhang Xiaotao remembered before passing out was a fierce wind, freezing rain so dense he could barely see and a numbness that left him unable to control his body.

In accounts given to Chinese state media and posted on his social-media account, the veteran runner said he was in the toughest leg of a grueling 60-mile mountain race in northern China on Saturday when a freak storm hit, catching many of the racers by surprise. He wrapped himself in a foil survival blanket he was carrying, pressed the SOS button on his GPS locator, and then blacked out.

When Mr. Zhang returned to consciousness, hours later, he found that he had been rescued by a local sheep herder, who had brought him to a cave stocked with quilts and firewood. Mr. Zhang didn’t answer messages to his accounts or calls to his phone. The Wall Street Journal confirmed the authenticity of Mr. Zhang’s account with a colleague.

Many of Mr. Zhang’s fellow racers weren’t so lucky. By the time rescue operations had concluded on Sunday, 21 athletes—including some of China’s top trail runners—had died from exposure, in an incident that is sparking anger and consternation throughout the country.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Running Bad

Post by GORDON »

This or GTFO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Walk

Alternatively, the Chinese shouldn't just steal the plans for such events, they should also kidnap the person with the wisdom to implement it properly.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Running Bad

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:32 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Walk
I dont think I ever read this, somehow. I did read Running Man.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Running Bad

Post by GORDON »

It may have been written under the Bachman name, I don't remember.
Leisher
Site Admin

Running Bad

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Running Bad

Post by GORDON »

Kid and I hiked a BRUTAL 5 mile trail a few days ago. All ups and downs and ankle-twisty rocks 80% of the time. He was wanting to turn around long before I was, but by the end I was probably in more beat-up shape, ha.