All About That Bass

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

This is just a rant about Health & Fitness...

I was listening to this song last night while my kid was doing her 50 hours of driving (I let her pick the music), and while the beat is awesome, I think the message of this song is insanely harmful.

She implies that all women who are thin are not preferred by men and are fake. There's an actual line that says nobody looks like that and it's all photoshop.

I 100% agree that people should be comfortable with themselves, but let's cut the fucking bullshit with this "I'm big and beautiful" garbage. I'm looking at you Lizzo!

You can absolutely be big and beautiful, but that in no way means you shouldn't strive to lose weight to improve your overall health and life expectancy!

We need to stop promoting obesity as a desirable trait.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by GORDON »

I don't think I'd ever be in a relationship with a woman who isn't thin and/or healthy. I understand there's a segment that likes big girls, but I'd die alone.... happily.... before I'd be with an obese woman.

I am very shallow.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

As Ferris Bueller said, "You can't respect someone that doesn't respect themselves."

Or something...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: this "I'm big and beautiful" garbage. I'm looking at you Lizzo!
Yes, ewwww.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by GORDON »

edit - This post will come off as fat-bashing. It really isn't, I don't care what this chick eats. I don't have to have sex with her. But another media outlet is selling obesity as attractive.

+++++

Anyone watching SNL, still?

I'm not, but YouTube shows me tons of "Recommended" clips of it, and I'll watch a few each night before bed.

I've seen commentary that they became extremely socially conscious over the last decade... which is fine, I guess? Makes for great comedy, sometimes?

But what strikes me is that you know how they usually have a big fat male cast member, since the beginning? Well now that cast member is a woman. And they don't give her the Belushi or Farley role of the clown... they are giving her the "look how hot and funny I am" characters. Every time there's a scene where she's supposed to be arm candy, I'm thinking, "Wtf."

They're pushing that hard.

I just looked her up, her name is Aidy Bryant. I was guessing she was 5'4, and 300 pounds. According to a (apparently horseshit) webpage I just googled, she is 5'3, 163 pounds.

No.

Fucking.

Way.

Maybe when she was 12. She's mildly amusing, but they shouldn't be selling her as the hot girl of the cast. There are actual hot girls on the cast.
aidybryant.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, there's no way that woman is 163 pounds.

If big is so beautiful, why lie about her weight?
TheCatt
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by TheCatt »

I would buy 200 lbs... I think. 5'3" is pretty short.
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: 5'3" is pretty short.
It is, but she might be 5'3" horizontally too.
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

I fucking abhor people like this woman. First of all, her condition is 100% self inflicted. Secondly, she fully embraces being a victim and plays it up. If that fat bitch could stand on her own at the end, then she could sit in that car and get out on her own.

Have some self respect and stop eating.
GORDON
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by GORDON »

Aint no way that's "average." Suggests half people are her size, or larger.

Not that I've ever seen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:07 pm Aint no way that's "average." Suggests half people are her size, or larger.

Not that I've ever seen.
I'm going to guess that's a 'parody' account making a 'funny' using a clip from 'my 500 lb life' or something
GORDON
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by GORDON »

I see nothing there suggesting it's a parody. The "Healthy at Any Size" movement tells me she's beautiful and a goal to be achieved, in fact.
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:25 am
GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:07 pm Aint no way that's "average." Suggests half people are her size, or larger.

Not that I've ever seen.
I'm going to guess that's a 'parody' account making a 'funny' using a clip from 'my 500 lb life' or something
Jebra is indeed a parody account. Been following it for a while.

There's a big difference between someone who got that big due to some mental or health issues and someone that's lazy, fat, and entitled. This bitch is the later.

Also, it's "My 600 lb Life". If the bar was only 500, I'd be on by now. #LifeGoals
GORDON
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by GORDON »

I thought it was dead serious. Is it still parody when it can't be discerned from reality?
Leisher
Site Admin

All About That Bass

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:55 am I thought it was dead serious. Is it still parody when it can't be discerned from reality?
Isn't that what people have been saying about parody accounts, The Onion, Babylon Bee, etc. for years now?
thibodeaux

All About That Bass

Post by thibodeaux »