Influenza

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

Fuck the flu.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

Again?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

Yep. Hit me yesterday morning. Thought it was just food poisoning, then the body aches set in. I even passed out at one point. Legit went unconscious.

I was laid out all day/night yesterday. I'm still at home, but back on my feet today. My body feels like I was in a car crash though.

I keep forgetting to get the damn flu shot.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I keep forgetting to get the damn flu shot.
Ftw. It's not perfect, but I get it every year.
GORDON
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by GORDON »

Currently working a sore throat. Hoping today is the worst of it... if it's worse tomorrow, I'll be in some serious misery.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

How's your throat?

I'm back and work, but still a bit sore and exhausted.
GORDON
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by GORDON »

Worse today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Worse today.
Hope you get better. Did you get a flu shot?
GORDON
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by GORDON »

Nope. Seems to all be neck-up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

Influenza A can kiss my ass.

My middle kid came down with it Monday. It found it's way to me beginning Tuesday. I really needed this on top of fighting Russian hackers.

Woke up today and I feel like I went toe to toe with Tyson for 8 rounds. My whole body hurts.

Before you ask, no flu shot for me this year. Just completely forgot. Although, it is something of a tradition for me to be sick at X-Mas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

Ugh, boo. Hope you feel better.
GORDON
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by GORDON »

I might be having it. Stuffy, and spitting up yellow phlegm. Covid sez negative.
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

Monday I had to go to the middle school, work, and then the doctor. Odds were pretty good something was going to get me.

Yep. The fucking flu nailed me. This is my first time out of bed since I got into it Monday night...excluding some trips to piss. Woke up around 4 am Tuesday with severe chills. Woke up again around 8 with a migraine, my first one ever, and body aches, particularly the lower back. Rode that out to today.

I'm on meds right now, but the migraine seems to be gone ditto for the chills and body aches. Still sore though and absolutely devoid of strength.

No, I never got a flu shot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:06 pm No, I never got a flu shot.
I started getting it after getting the worst flu ever back in 2009 or so. 5 days of 102ish fever, just lying on a couch feeling like death.
Stranger

Influenza

Post by Stranger »

Sorry to hear that Leisher, get well buddy!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:17 pm I started getting it after getting the worst flu ever back in 2009 or so.
I always mean to, but then always forget.
Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:35 pm Sorry to hear that Leisher, get well buddy!
Thank you sir. The more I sit here at my PC today, the more I'm certain I'm now on the road to recovery.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:58 pm I always mean to, but then always forget.
I always get it at my annual physical, which is Sep/Oct.
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

The fun part of traveling is picking up bugs. I got my flu shot, but apparently it didn't cover whatever strain I have. Body aches, chills, headache, yay!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:52 pm The fun part of traveling is picking up bugs. I got my flu shot, but apparently it didn't cover whatever strain I have. Body aches, chills, headache, yay!
yyyaaayyyy... I got some mild cold early this month. But my youngest has had two illnesses this month, both cold-like (no covid according to tests). And everyone else has gotten one illness.

I travel tomorrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Influenza

Post by Leisher »

Wash your hands unlike the absolute savages who don't.