Mental Health

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:33 pm Do you take a lot of naps?

If so, you're more likely to get dementia.
Not since I started using a CPAP. Now I get good sleep at night and don't need naps.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Energy vampires at work.

I have two and I named them "Doom and Gloom" a year ago. Their negativity absolutely drains me. Then there's a talker...the dude cannot read social cues or body language. I will, literally, walk away from him while he's talking and he'll just follow me to my office continuing to talk.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:53 am Energy vampires at work.

I have two and I named them "Doom and Gloom" a year ago. Their negativity absolutely drains me. Then there's a talker...the dude cannot read social cues or body language. I will, literally, walk away from him while he's talking and he'll just follow me to my office continuing to talk.
Really, a whole article without mentioning this guy?

At any rate, yeah, I've had these in past companies. I remember one of them, in a job I took in 2002. When they were announcing the financial awards for people who had lost close ones in 9/11, he said "Man, I wish I had had someone died in 9/11"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

Kinda funny that in the show "What We Do in Shadows," a light comedy about vampires, "Energy Vampires" are a legit thing and that's what they do.

edit - Oh fuck that's what I get for not clicking on video links.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

New study says depression not caused by chemical imbalance and antidepressants do nothing.

Who funded this study, Scientology?

It is causing quite a debate on the Twitters were people like Tulsi Gabbard are claiming greed by Big Pharma, while actual doctors are telling people there are issues with this study and hundreds more have proven antidepressants work.
thibodeaux

Mental Health

Post by thibodeaux »

Literally half of medical research is deliberate fraud. The other half is irreproducible cargo-cult junk science.

Nobody knows anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Today, just for the sake of my own mental health, I've closed the following tabs: CNN, Yahoo, Twitter, Imgur, and Facebook. I've still got four things I'll post from stories I had open yesterday, but I believe I need a day off from the cultists. Let them reveal in their victory or claim the country is doomed in their defeat.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

Hey, the science is settled. Who are you to question it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

White Liberals are far more likely to have mental health issues than their counterparts.

These are self-reported, so not really fair, but it does line up with other studies that have said the same.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:28 pm White Liberals are far more likely to have mental health issues than their counterparts.

These are self-reported, so not really fair, but it does line up with other studies that have said the same.
To be fair, it starts with medical diagnoses, which conservatives wouldn't bother getting. Differences are much more modest (but still present) when you look at self-reported mental health state.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

If you want to get really fair, one side believes in a sky wizard and a book written thousands of years ago by Anonymous. The other side produces conversations like the one below and thinks women have dicks and men can get pregnant.
They're all fucking nuts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Staying on the tit longer means better brain development and better grades.

Who would have thought? Nature's baby food is better than horseshit created in a lab? :roll: