Hey Thib

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hey Thib

Post by Leisher »

You still do the low sugar, low carbs thing? How long? Any side effects?

I'm thinking of heading the low sugar route and reduced carbs as much as possible. Maybe copy the Timothy...I can't remember his name...the guy who wrote the 4 month body or whatever, diet and workout plan. He was strict on diet 6 days a week and one day you could eat whatever you want.

I'm starting to put pounds on thanks to constantly working, school, and my kids' activities. I'm left with no time. Thus, I've been getting stuck eating fast food too often and no time to sweat it off. So, I can't be crazy active like Catt and Troy.

I want to alter my diet without adverse effects and I remember you had pretty good results.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hey Thib

Post by TheCatt »

I did the Tim Ferris 4 hour body thing a while ago, but... I dunno. I got bored of it. The low sugar thing is easier. The worst part is the first week or two as your body adapts.

The weirdest part once your body gets used to it, is that you often just don't feel hungry, so it can cause spousal issues (why aren't you eating with us, why wont you eat what we eat, etc).
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Hey Thib

Post by GORDON »

"You can't outrun your fork." That means it isn't a matter of sweat... weight loss is 80% diet.

Yeah, it's the social aspects of diet that get me. I'm still stuck at 208 because on the weekends everyone wants to party, food wise.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Hey Thib

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tim Ferris
Thank you! His diet seemed pretty damn easy. Want to see what I can incorporate into a plan I create to fit my lifestyle.

Kind of like when I created the diet/exercise plan a few years back revolving around Wii Fitness and dropped 30 pounds in 30 days.
GORDON wrote: weight loss is 80% diet.
Imagine if more people actually understood and accepted that.
GORDON wrote: Yeah, it's the social aspects of diet that get me. I'm still stuck at 208 because on the weekends everyone wants to party, food wise.
I want to be able to attend a holiday meal, a party, or The Game and not worry about what I eat that day.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Hey Thib

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: weight loss is 80% diet.
Imagine if more people actually understood and accepted that.
It's why I was always so critical of the whales that show up in the gym in January. "Working the arms" isn't their logic first step if they are 350 pounds.

Also, all those people I criticize, they are never there two weeks later. Except for in the fucking pool. God damned floating dead.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Hey Thib

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: You still do the low sugar, low carbs thing? How long? Any side effects?
Sorta. I more focus on Intermittent Fasting (IF), where I only eat between like 11am and 7pm. I do try to keep carbs low but I'm kind of running on autopilot there. Been doing this for several years, more than 5 I am pretty sure. Side effects...I dunno. It is a pain to try to eat out.
thibodeaux

Hey Thib

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:I want to be able to attend a holiday meal, a party, or The Game and not worry about what I eat that day.
That is do-able, but I want to offer the following caveats:
1. If you're not where you want to be in terms of weight, BMI, body comp, looking sexy, whatever...I would say focus on that with IRON DISCIPLINE.
2. If you ARE in a good spot, go for it, but don't lose your discipline! It's pretty easy to slack off, and then you're slogging back uphill, and you're an older man now, so...