USFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

Back in the Spring of 2022.

Who saw this coming?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

USFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:36 am Back in the Spring of 2022.

Who saw this coming?
People keep trying to make... what's the right word? semi-pro? 2nd tier pro? foot ball works, and it never works.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:06 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:36 am Back in the Spring of 2022.

Who saw this coming?
People keep trying to make... what's the right word? semi-pro? 2nd tier pro? foot ball works, and it never works.
It's weird, but I think it really only works for baseball and hockey.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

USFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:44 pm It's weird, but I think it really only works for baseball and hockey.
And I think they mostly have tradition on their side. I guess, give a football league long enough and maybe it would. But, we have college football, and college hockey + baseball are nothing.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

Exactly. It's very strange.

Hell, the Little League World Series is a bigger event than the college baseball championship.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

USFL

Post by TheCatt »

I completely forgot this was happening.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:42 pm I completely forgot this was happening.
You are not alone.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

Like all new football leagues, they will be trying gimmicky rules.

This seems doomed to fail. The league I'm watching is the new new XFL. (Yes, typed twice intentionally.) They were smart and went to the NFL to essentially become a player development league for them. With the NFL's backing they have a chance to be like the WNBA is to the NBA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:22 pm Like all new football leagues, they will be trying gimmicky rules.

This seems doomed to fail. The league I'm watching is the new new XFL. (Yes, typed twice intentionally.) They were smart and went to the NFL to essentially become a player development league for them. With the NFL's backing they have a chance to be like the WNBA is to the NBA.
lol
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

This is apparently real and not a skit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USFL

Post by TheCatt »

lololol

I turned the tv on a game in the background just to get them some ratings this wkend.
Leisher
Site Admin

USFL

Post by Leisher »

I completely forgot it was on and when I found out, I immediately started watching YouTube instead.