WNBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Somebody nobody has ever heard of in a league nobody watches wants to be paid like the men.

Listen, I'm 100% pro-equality, but this is ridiculous. She actually talks about NBA bench players making more than WNBA stars. Yeah, that's because those bench players would destroy you on a basketball court. It's because people watch the NBA and attend their games. It's because NBA player sell shoes. Also, men AND women watch the NBA. Most men don't watch the WNBA, and you should be pissed that most women don't either. You're a majority of the population and even you won't support a league just for women.

Men are physically superior to women, and thus, their sports are more fun to watch. Don't blame me, blame mother nature.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

I would bet any ranked college team could beat any WNBA team.

But to the point: I mean, when the revenue's there, the pay will get there. You cannot force people to care.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

WNBA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. The only thing that matters is: No one pays to watch the women. Thus, there's no money to pay them like that. Maybe the government should setup a tax on the NBA that can subsidize the WNBA salaries?
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

you guys are clearly misogynists.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Oregon junior will skip her senior year to go pro and financial reasons are part of her decision.

That got me curious so I kept reading...
Many WNBA players have supplemented their incomes with higher salaries playing overseas, but Sabally said the league's salary structure under the new collective bargaining agreement announced just last month was appealing.

In the new deal, the base salaries for rookies selected in the first four picks is $68,000, and picks 5 through 8 get $65,250. The remaining first-round picks get $62,500 their first season. Rookie contracts are typically three-year deals with a fourth-year option, which for the highest-picked rookies (picks 1-4) would be $86,701. The salary for the league's highest-paid players went from $117,500 to $215,000.
In the NBA, the absolute minimum salary was just over $582K.
TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

Not bad money, but man... I'd probably go ahead and finish that degree.

NBA minimum is $898k according to this?
thibodeaux

WNBA

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Not bad money, but man... I'd probably go ahead and finish that degree.
Of course you and I know very well there are counter-examples...but come on. How valuable is the typical college athlete's "degree" anyway?
TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Not bad money, but man... I'd probably go ahead and finish that degree.
Of course you and I know very well there are counter-examples...but come on. How valuable is the typical college athlete's "degree" anyway?
Well, the TYPICAL college athlete is one who isn't going pro, so hopefully they studied something useful. But, point taken.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: NBA minimum is $898k according to this?
Apparently, the minimum shifts based on when you're signed, how many years you've played, and other such variables. The number I got was when I searched "absolute minimum salary". However, I saw other numbers with different variables.
thibodeaux wrote: How valuable is the typical college athlete's "degree" anyway?
Considering they're typically general studies or communications majors, less than nothing.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

7 WNBA players have tested positive for C-19.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

This could probably go under the sexism thread as well. Hell, it could also go under the MSM thread.

ESPN anchor Katie Nolan, who is pretty cute, makes a case for WNBA players being paid at the same percentage as their male counterpoints.

This guy proves that ESPN either has a shitty research department or they are blatantly lying.

If you don't want to watch: The WNBA doesn't make money and is only in existence because the NBA is funding it. Also, women don't support their own.

Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Dream cut ties with two players after street fight video goes viral. The hilarious part is that one of the players used their own social media to publish and promote the video. Earning her a moron title.

Excuse the voiceover, it's the first place I found the full video.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

If you haven't noticed, there's a big marketing campaign going on to push the WNBA...again. A league that has yet to make a profit.

Twitter filled everyone's timelines with an ad saying "The WNBA is so important". Every Twitter user in the world and it has received 3K likes. The comments are, predictably, hilarious. If you see the tweet check them out. People just shitting all over the product and making legit recommendations on how to improve it.

TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

I barely care about the real NBA, I'm not going to care about the WNBA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by GORDON »

And the WNBA is still overpaid HA HA HA HA HA.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

The WNBA playoffs are going on and the games keep getting scheduled against bigger events like big NFL games and the like. There is a conspiracy theory out there that this is being intentionally done by the NBA, which funds the WNBA.

Why? The thought is that if the ratings are bad enough the NBA can justify cutting bait.

Not sure I buy it, but money...