Horse Racing

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

Justify won the Triple Crown.

However, other owners are claiming another horse was used to block for Justify.

I guess that's bad? Didn't know such things were against the rules. The other owners' argument pretty much falls apart though when they admit they had their horses trying to do the exact same thing...
It's not unusual for horses from the same stables to help each other in a race. To that end, Repole was not happy with his own jockey, Javier Castellanos, who was aboard Noble Indy and was expected to push to the lead, possibly wearing down Justify for a late run by Vino Rosso.
Why is this a front page story ESPN?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why is this a front page story ESPN?
Cuz all the major sports are done for the year, and there's nothing until September except crap like this and Lebron's free agency.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

This year's winner was DQed and the owners are suing.

This had never happened before in the race's history.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This year's winner was DQed and the owners are suing.

This had never happened before in the race's history.
So, that's going nowhere
KHRC does not actually allow for an appeal, so West is likely fighting an uphill battle. According to the rules, stewards are responsible for "all findings of fact as to all matters occurring during and incident to the running of a race," and "findings of fact and determination shall be final and not subject to appeal."
I give them 0 chance of success.

The state regulates the race, the state has it's commission, it makes the rules, the end. I read in another article that "if this had happened on a weekday race, the horse would have been DQed, the end" and it's only a big fuss cuz of the race that it is.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

I don't see it going anywhere either.
Troy

Horse Racing

Post by Troy »

Good enough place for this as any...

Went to my first rodeo a few weekends ago in rural Northern California. Expected cowboys and rednecks, and they met my expectations there.

What surprised me were the animal injuries. I saw a calf get tackled in some event and break its leg. Limping around mewling In front of the stands. Sad and pathetic.

Wasn’t the worst thing though, during the very dangerous “wild horse race” one of the horses broke loose and went off hauling ass by itself around the arena. Then it stepped on its makeshift bridal, instantly snapping its neck. Fell down and never moved again right in front of our stand. Brutal.

Cowboy life is overrated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by TheCatt »

So, Peta has a point sometimes?
Troy

Horse Racing

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: So, Peta has a point sometimes?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddin ... 3535465002

Looks like it was the SHARKS (?) who are objecting the most.

E: oh peta too I didn’t read far down enough
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

Rodeos are fucking gross.

I say that as someone who hates PETA and supports sport hunting of non-endangered animals.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

30 horses have died this year at one track.

So they ban the trainer of four of them? I think there is a bigger issue...
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

Kentucky Derby winner tests positive for drugs. Possible DQ coming and trainer banned from the track.
"This shouldn't have happened," Baffert said. "There's a problem somewhere. It didn't come from us."

Betamethasone is the same drug that was found in the system of Gamine, another Baffert-trained horse who finished third in the Kentucky Oaks last September.

Baffert denied any wrongdoing and said he did not know how Medina Spirit could have tested positive. He said Medina Spirit has never been treated with betamethasone and called it "a complete injustice."

"I don't feel embarrassed, I feel like I was wronged," said Baffert, adding that he was going to be transparent with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
Medina Spirit is Baffert's fifth horse to fail a drug test in a year.
Not buying it, Baffert.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:26 pm Drug test upheld.
I find it really hard to blame the horse on this one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

Listen, I get that the trainers got the horse hooked, but at some point the horse has to accept some responsibility for continuing to use.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:44 am Listen, I get that the trainers got the horse hooked, but at some point the horse has to accept some responsibility for continuing to use.
Did he clomp twice for yes? I need video
Leisher
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by Leisher »

You know how those junkies are. I heard he was turning tricks to score.
GORDON
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by GORDON »

The longshot won the Kentucky Derby. I happened to have it on for a minute and saw it. The horse was even a last minute replacement, and wasn't even supposed to be there that day.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:33 pm I happened to have it on for a minute and saw it. The horse was even a last minute replacement, and wasn't even supposed to be there that day.
Suspicious story. Feels like the mystery horse is really a robot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Horse Racing

Post by GORDON »

I learned that it costs $50k to even run the race.

The first horse ever born and raised and trained in Japan was there (first to run the race, they've had horses a while). It did well IIRC.

I'm talking about sports.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."