AAF

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

The Alliance of American Football.

Another new league planned to compete with the XFL.

This one has big football names attached.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

AAFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

AAFL

Post by TheCatt »

Half expected it to have imploded by now.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAFL

Post by Leisher »

Caught a little of the San Diego/San Antonio game tonight. It wasn't horrible football. Two games on tomorrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

AAFL

Post by TheCatt »

And that's with a 5-man max rush, all of whom must be on the line of scrimmage, and no DB blitzes.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAFL

Post by Leisher »

I have not figured out the rules yet...or even looked at them.

I do know a Buckeye scored the first TD in AAF history.

Teams recruited regionally when possible, so here's AAF teams and what college they mostly represent.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AAF

Post by TheCatt »

The rules are interesting, the ones I remember are:

1) Only defensive players on the line, and only up to 5, can rush the QB. Apparently the primary reason was concern that unprepared offensives would get slammed by blitzes.

2) No kick offs. Ball starts at the 25.

3) No extra point kicks. Must always go for 2.

4) Since no kick-offs, the onside kick becomes a "4th and 12 from your own 28 yard line"

5) No FGs in OT.

6) I think OT is 1st and goal from the 10 yd line, each team gets a chance.

Those were what I could remember.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

I like (or tolerate/accept) all of those except the 1st one. But perhaps that's a temporary rule until the league gets going.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AAF

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I like (or tolerate/accept) all of those except the 1st one. But perhaps that's a temporary rule until the league gets going.
Since they got it up and running in 9 months, rule #1 might just be temporary. In the NFL you couldn't make that level of compromise.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

The current game features Christian Hackenburg and Trent Richardson...
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

Good ratings for week 1.

In case you were wondering if pro basketball was surging to overtake the NFL as the most popular sport, it's not.

I also didn't know some of the AAF games were on the NFL network. No wonder I didn't see them on the YouTube listings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AAF

Post by TheCatt »

Nice. I hope it succeeds. Might be nice to watch from time to time... but it's still no NFL/NCAA.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

AAF

Post by TheCatt »

OK, who chose those shitty uniform colors, cuz that basically looks like a scrimmage to me? I can barely tell which team is which.

Also, I tried to watch some AAF yesterday, but it was halftime.

Make half-time shorter.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

Another map on who you should root for.

If I knew the logos=teams, I'd now know.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AAF

Post by TheCatt »

Oooof.

Already needed a $250 million infusion to survive. Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) owner chipped in. Is now the chairman.
Leisher
Site Admin

AAF

Post by Leisher »

Were their ratings good this past weekend?