XFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Just putting this here because there are rumors everywhere that Vince McMahon may be bringing the XFL back.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

He Hate Me
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Might be called UFL this time.

Universal Football League.

Apparently, he's buying up trademarks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Vince selling WWE shares to fund new XFL...

It has been said he LOVES football, and I'm betting he's not enjoying the kneeling players, catches that aren't catches, and the lack of hitting.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Now there are rumors Vince may be trying to buy the Panthers...
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Here's what I'm hearing:
-XFL 2.0 to launch in 2020.
-Announcement coming soon.
-FOX is interested in buying WWE. Vince is apparently willing to listen to offers.

This is pretty interesting.

Why would Vince walk away from his family's business to recreate a failed football league? Do his kids not have any say or do they not want anything to do with WWE? It's been reported his daughter and her husband want to run WWE. So why wouldn't he sell to them? (Might be an ego thing where he's not willing to watch something he made and love get run into the ground or get run better.) Losing WWE would be a big blow to the USA Network, and I would assume a boon to FOX Sports. Currently, their local sports stations only have regional teams. This would draw in a bigger, and more diverse, audience. Additionally, it has been reported that other non-traditional outlets are wanting to bid on WWE's product (not buy it, but air it), like Amazon, Facebook, etc.

The big thing to keep in mind is that FOX now equals Disney... There had already been rumors that Disney was eyeballing WWE.

This is all worth watching for all sports fans because WWE's TV deal is the precursor to what the other leagues can expect. I've posted here before that all the leagues are watching WWE to see how the bidding goes to air their product. Of particular interest is if the tech companies get involved. Interestingly, a FOX deal could fuck the leagues out of that valuable information.

Meanwhile, on the XFL side, what is the allure for Vince? Why does he think it'll work this time? He still won't have the best talent, so why would people watch? "Hey, remember all those guys who busted out of the NFL or were backup players for your college team? Come watch them play here!"

What is the appeal? Does he really think the 3-10% of the audience that tuned out due to anthem protests will jump onto his bandwagon? Is that enough of an audience to sustain a league? Remember, those numbers never took into account cable cutters, and the growing audience of people who don't want traditional TV or do, but not in traditional ways.

72 year old Vince McMahon could become the biggest sports story of 2018. Twice.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Yep, live press conference happening right now. The XFL returns in 2020.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Vince is answering questions about CTE and safety.

This is a guy who was under federal investigation for steroid distribution. Hilarious.
Stranger

XFL

Post by Stranger »

I'll bet you anything this is what Johnny Manziel has been tweeting about lately. He's been really active talking about a "comeback" and thanking everyone for all the support. Well, we know damn well he's not coming back to the NFL, and if the CFL thing was gonna happen that would've by now.

He's gonna be the star or big name for the XFL. Think about it, this is just the type of guy Vince would love in his league.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

He was specifically asked about Manziel, and Vince said "Character will be more important than talent" in the XFL.
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He was specifically asked about Manziel, and Vince said "Character will be more important than talent" in the XFL.
Yeah, but he doesn't mean moral character, he means 'characters' like roles/actors/etc :)
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

He claims no gimmicks. They tried to ask him WWE stuff, and he said it's completely unrelated and the two brands will not mix like last time.

This will be fun to watch. I mean, the process of the XFL being reborn. I don't know about their games yet.

I do know every person discussing this WILL tune in to week 1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

I will start wathching, but I'm not sure why or that I'll keep watching.
GORDON
Site Admin

XFL

Post by GORDON »

I'm going to make a call... "He Hate Me" is a commentator.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm going to make a call... "He Hate Me" is a commentator.
HE HATE ME IS LEGEND
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

HE HATE ME was brought up during the press conference and Vince knew him by his real name without prompting. Rod Smart.

Here's the XFL official promo video, which is, imho, way too close to a recent ad campaign...
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I'll bet you anything this is what Johnny Manziel has been tweeting about lately.
Several media outlets reported Manziel was tweeting at Vince McMahon immediately following the press conference.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Cities named.

Looks like we don't have a team within hundreds of miles.
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting decision to go to big markets instead of mid-tier markets and just hope for enough fans.