XFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Don't forget, the other league starts after the Super Bowl this year.

I really don't know how either of these leagues are going to survive. I hope they do because FOOTBALL!, but I don't have a lot of hope.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, right, already forgot the AFA was a separate thing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

I like the idea of more football, but I find it hard to care about anything but pro or college, and pro already feels pretty saturated with 3 nights + 1 day.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

With three additional leagues, it's going to be interesting.

I'm thinking they're going to spread talent too thin. 1 has to go under in the first 5 years right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: With three additional leagues, it's going to be interesting.

I'm thinking they're going to spread talent too thin. 1 has to go under in the first 5 years right?
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Bob Stoops is coaching the Dallas team.

This is a shockingly big hire.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Trestman coaching Tampa Bay team.

The XFL is definitely making a minor splash with coaches.
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Will have 1 to 3 pt conversions before it folds
XFL commissioner Oliver Luck said Monday on the PFT PM podcast that the league plans to use a three-tiered extra-point system after touchdowns and a two-point conversion shootout in overtime when it launches in 2020.

Luck discussed the plans when asked how the XFL plans to differentiate itself from the NFL game.

On extra points, teams can choose whether to go for a one-point conversion from the 2-yard line, a two-point try from the 5-yard line or a three-point attempt from the 10-yard line.

"We literally have a nine-point touchdown. We think that's valuable because teams that historically are down by let's say three scores, well guess what, if it's a 16-point or a 17-point differential, you're really looking at a two-score game theoretically," he said.

The XFL's overtime rules are currently being tested in the Spring League. Luck said each team will have five opportunities to convert a two-point conversion in the overtime session. The defense would score one point with a turnover.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Draft next week.
Are the coaching slots taken? Gruden's available.
TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

Cardale could have been a legend if his heart was into it.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh my... I've seen better fantasy drafts.
Leisher
Site Admin

XFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

XFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 2020 Schedule
Can't be more painful than watching the Redskins play...