GORDON's nephew.

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: GORDON's nephew.

Post by GORDON »

He got named to the... Ohio? All-Star Team, but I don't know what that means.

Also visiting Marist (sp?) college in NYC next month, they offered him a full ride.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:My guess would be Marist, which is a 2nd tier program (FCS, not FBS).
*cough*

Marist is in New York state, not City. It's near NYC, kinda, up in Poughkeepsie.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The told me it was a different one in Brooklyn, or something. They must have mixed up schools.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The only bad thing about going to school in the NE is that they don't care about college football.

Tell him to send his tape to Rutgers, Purdue, Maryland, etc.

If he gets onto a Big Ten team he'looks be on TV every week.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

And if he goes to rutgers, he'll be a starter immediately.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Truth
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was told three more offers came in yesterday, Buti don't yet know for where.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Tell whomever that he is allowed to market himself. He should be sending letters to everyone. If he got into a Big Ten program, even the bottom feeders, it'd do miracles for his exposure. Hell, getting into a MAC or any other smaller conference would be a boost too. If his goal is the best name for resumes, then that should be his decision. However, if he wants exposure so that he can hopefully make it to the pros, then he needs exposure. Ivy league or DII schools won't give him that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Does he want exposure or a good education?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

He wants to be in the NFL but also be a dentist.

I once had a blood doctor.... phlebotomist? Who was a former Green Bay Packer. Or maybe Viking. I forget. One of the cold states.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:He wants to be in the NFL but also be a dentist.

I once had a blood doctor.... phlebotomist? Who was a former Green Bay Packer. Or maybe Viking. I forget. One of the cold states.
Well, he might have to pick one or the other. Hard to draw blood or drill teeth when your hands are shaking from repeated head trauma.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

There's one genuinely rock star math guy in the NFL that I know of. He's already had one concussion, and had to pause his phd work while he recovered
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My opinion here is about worthless, but he looks like a guy who should be using the sports to get the degree. /notanexpert
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote:He wants to be in the NFL but also be a dentist.

Well, he might have to pick one or the other. Hard to draw blood or drill teeth when your hands are shaking from repeated head trauma.
The doctor I mentioned was really fat and rolled from room to.room while sitting on a rolling stool, wearing some big ass football ring.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:My opinion here is about worthless, but he looks like a guy who should be using the sports to get the degree. /notanexpert
I tend to agree. If I am.asked I will tell him that the NFL is a longshot and fleeting, but a good education and professional career is forever.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:My opinion here is about worthless, but he looks like a guy who should be using the sports to get the degree. /notanexpert
I tend to agree. If I am.asked I will tell him that the NFL is a longshot and fleeting, but a good education and professional career is forever.
Ask Josh Gordon or Johnny Rehab how much they'd like a bankable diploma right about now.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote:
Ask Josh Gordon or Johnny Rehab how much they'd like a bankable diploma right about now.
There are good examples and bad ones. Those two are bad ones.

You need to pick people with actual ambition.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wayne State is one? I think. I'm not getting this info first hand.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wayne State is Division 2, which is the 3rd division of football for reasons.

Marist is Division 1 (FCS), which is the 2nd division of football, also for reasons.

Based on this recruiting, NFL is a LOOOONNNNGGGGGGG shot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Verbal agreement to Wayne State, but shhhh because it's still a secret.