GORDON's nephew.

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
GORDON
Site Admin

GORDON's nephew.

Post by GORDON »

I'll make it a separate thread since he isn't NCAA yet...

But the first offer came in today. Full ride at some school in upstate NY to play football and go to dentist school.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Re: GORDON's nephew.

Post by Malcolm »

Right next to my buddy's in-laws. Which joint? A decent school, or some place with the word "online" in it?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's in or near Poughkeepsie. Hard to follow a facebook chat thread with 20 people in it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My guess would be Marist, which is a 2nd tier program (FCS, not FBS).
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Someone said "First offer, we're obviously waiting to see what else comes in."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

At his first playoff game

28 12 at the half.

I don't have numbers but my nephew has made 2 TDs, received 2 long passes, and has a ton of running yards.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

41 28 start of 4th
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I forget the final score but they were up by 2 TDs. The other team was getting kind of pissy the last 5 minutes being 2 behind, more holding and facemask calls. They were visibly bigger than our team and lots of personal fouls throughout... bad attitudes.

A good game overall, especially how it started the first 10 seconds... the other team returned the kickoff for a TD.

The most interesting thing about my nephew, to me, is that he is athletic and smart, but he's also a good guy. For those who have been around since forever, you may remember.... well, I think that happened before DTMan.com was a thing... but my sister got pregnant with him in high school, and she ended up moving in with me in South Dakota to get away from her drug dealer boyfriend.... and I managed to get her graduated from high school a year early, out there. And the most interesting thing about my nephew, to me, is that he is strong and very intelligent, and he's had a lot of challenges growing up, but he's also a really good guy. Genuinely nice.

Good for him. I hope he goes to the top, and I'll enjoy watching.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Good for him, you, and your sister. At the very least, sounds like he's going to get a free ride to a decent school.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I couldnt find any recruiting info one him. I assume he's in this for a scholarship at a good school, not a football career?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know anything about how any of that works, I have no info.

I just learned his 84 yard punt return and TD is considered the best play in NW Ohio last night.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What's his 40 time?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know but I do know that no one could outrun him. Also after that punt return they started kicking it toward the other guy. That was kind of funny.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:What's his 40 time?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Is that good? I didn't know they had a profile like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The really speedy guys come in around 4.3 and 4.4, so 4.5 is very good.

I know what your non-sports brain is thinking, but yes that .1 and .2 makes a difference in recruiting and drafts.

What's going to hurt him is height, but that's not a deal breaker.

How is his character?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Very congenial. I keep telling him he should be the one who smiles and laughs at the mad dogs in the field, both to anger them and disconcert them.

"Im going to fucking kill you."

*Laughs* "You're adorable."

He's like Rod Tidwell when he finally Got It.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Something I just thought of, their team has a girl kicker. First time I've seen one in the wild. She was good for 4/5 field goals. Or 5/6. Whichever.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

As expected they lost their second playoff game to the Columbus team, and apparently there was a neat moment when 2 guys on the other team had my nephew down and were stomping on his leg trying to break it, and the rest of the team was blocking the refs' views so it didn't get called. I wasn't there, that's what I heard.

Anyway, they didn't break his leg and his college offer still stands, and he is expected to get more.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

there was a neat moment when 2 guys on the other team had my nephew down and were stomping on his leg trying to break it, and the rest of the team was blocking the refs' views so it didn't get called.
I'm 100% certain that's an exaggeration. The only place where a team could block the multiple officials' view would be on their sideline, and officials race into said sideline anytime a play takes opposing players in that direction.

That being said, dirty shit like that happens all the time in sports. There's a guy in the NFL notorious for stomping on players.

Glad to hear your nephew was unharmed. Keep us informed of the recruiting process.