NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Portnoy has been going OFF about the commentary last night and he's right. It was absolute garbage. I think Michaels and Dungy weren't familiar with working together and then the first half killed their interest in the game. They never believed in a comeback.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Didn't watch much of the game, but sometimes I just like the audience reaction over the announcers just saying something dumb anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

You know how many teams out of 32 can say they had a winning season, but didn't make the playoffs? Only TWO out of 32. That's amazing coaching.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Tyler Huntley is a very white name. He even went to Utah!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:15 pm Tyler Huntley is a very white name. He even went to Utah!
He might be their starter next year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dobbins wanted the ball when Huntley fumbled.

Dobbins is 100% correct. For some reason, probably analytics or copy catting, QBs are getting a ton of goal line and short yardage carries. You have RBs for a reason. While QBs are practicing throwing the ball, RBs are practicing getting hit, not fumbling, etc.

Huntley dove up and tried to reach out with the ball. The problem is he was two yards away from the goal line. It was a complete lack of situational awareness on his part, but a terrible call by the coaches as well. The whole game turned on that call.

In related news, I have heard Lamar wasn't even at the game. If true, it says a lot about his future in Baltimore.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Go Dallas... I guess.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This game was awful.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:58 pm This game was awful.
Didn't watch.

But 0/4 PATs to start the game. Wow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Why does Tom Brady love kicking people so much?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

So... it's the 49ers against most of the NFC East? And then all the division winners on the other side, including our canceled game rematch.

If the Commanders had made it, we could have had an entirely NFC East semis!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin is bringing back the worst OC in the NFL so he has someone to blame next year.

I would take 10 years of losing over 14 years and counting of mediocrity. 2 years of 16 were very good, but it's been all downhill since.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:56 pm Tomlin is bringing back the worst OC in the NFL so he has someone to blame next year.
Wow, even the Commanders got rid of theirs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Had an interesting conversation at lunch with a Bengals fan. He was saying their fans were trying to talk Whitworth out of retirement as their line needs help for the playoffs after losing 3 starters this week.

What are the rules for such things? I know Dallas just signed another kicker, but can a retiree come out and play for a team in the playoffs that he didn't retire from?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

There's no rules when money's involved :)

But damn, 3 starters down has to suck. Goodbye Burrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Buffalo's D didn't look awesome though. If Von Miller wasn't hurt, I'd be more concerned for Burrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Playoff team fires their OC.

Another playoff team's OC resigns.

Matt Canada is still employed.

Mike Tomlin sucks.