NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Nobody is playing in the Browns-Bengals game.

MVP voter trashes Rodgers on air and says he won't vote for him for MVP because of off the field stuff.

Rodgers probably is a dick, but that has nothing to do with on the field talent. The dude is the best QB in the NFL and probably has been for the last decade, sorry Brady fans, but it's true. A-A-Ron is right and this guy should be barred from voting for MVP this year and into the future.

Hell, just listening to Bill Simmons podcasts, who votes on the NBA MVP, I know the voters have to be very careful about what they say about the players because they are not supposed to actively persuade other potential voters. I assume NFL MVP voting is the same?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

As reddit sometimes says: Everyone involved is an asshole.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

AB gives his side
Speaking for the first time since abruptly leaving during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' game at the New York Jets on Sunday, Antonio Brown said he was forced to play on an injured ankle that will require surgery.

An MRI on Monday revealed broken bone fragments, a ligament torn from the bone and cartilage loss, the wide receiver said in a lengthy statement released Wednesday night.

Brown also accused the Buccaneers of mischaracterizing his outburst on the field as a "mental health issue," rather than a refusal to play due to pain.
"I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, 'What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?' I told him, 'It's my ankle.' But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it," said Brown, who had been questionable on the injury report. "He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, 'Coach, I can't.' He didn't call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, 'YOU'RE DONE!' while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn't play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs."
Coach denied on national television that he knew about my ankle. That's 100% inaccurate. Not only did he know I missed several games with the injury, he and I exchanged texts days before the game where he clearly acknowledged my injury. He obviously knew I was on the injury list. And the GM acknowledged after the game in text messages to my camp that I did tell coach about my ankle pain on Sunday.
Oh damn. So, this has to lead to an investigation, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 pm Nobody is playing in the Browns-Bengals game.

MVP voter trashes Rodgers on air and says he won't vote for him for MVP because of off the field stuff. https://www.shawlocal.com/bears/analysi ... -comments/

Rodgers probably is a dick, but that has nothing to do with on the field talent. The dude is the best QB in the NFL and probably has been for the last decade, sorry Brady fans, but it's true. A-A-Ron is right and this guy should be barred from voting for MVP this year and into the future.

Hell, just listening to Bill Simmons podcasts, who votes on the NBA MVP, I know the voters have to be very careful about what they say about the players because they are not supposed to actively persuade other potential voters. I assume NFL MVP voting is the same?
https://www.shawlocal.com/bears/analysi ... -comments/
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:31 pm Oh damn. So, this has to lead to an investigation, right?
Absolutely. Even if he's full of shit, which he may not be, he makes a couple of serious accusations that the NFL has to investigate.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:12 pm https://www.shawlocal.com/bears/analysi ... -comments/
It's a good attempt at an apology or should I say "attempt to save himself from getting ejected", but it goes at the tracks here:
Worse yet, I’ve apparently unleashed a small army of self-styled social media and talk radio experts who have no clue what they’re talking about to challenge the quality of the voting process and would attempt to invalidate any vote or thought process that doesn’t agree with their own.
And here:
Why or how this became a national news story I don’t understand
You absolutely do know why this is a national story.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:22 am Absolutely. Even if he's full of shit, which he may not be, he makes a couple of serious accusations that the NFL has to investigate.
To be safe, the entire Tampa Bay team should be banned until this is resolved.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Peyton agrees with us Stranger.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

AB desperately needs help.

Jaguars being sued by a sponsor over Meyer firing.

Raiders want to beat the Chargers not tie them.

That's good news for the Steelers and Ravens, but ONLY if the Jags beat the Colts. Which seems really, really unlikely, but the Colts have lost in Jacksonville the last 6 times or something like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Good breakdown of what games are important this weekend and the playoff scenarios.

I think next year, if the Steelers don't get Rodgers, it will be the true test of Tomlin's coaching. Can he win without a HOF QB in a strong division, and arguably, the stronger conference? Probably hard for anyone in that situation, but will the team regress? Will there be a lot of off the field drama? Will the O line develop and can they try to compete with a strong D and running game?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Giants can't field an entire roster for the final game due to not enough cap room.

Never seen that before...

I'm seeing rumors that the front runner for the Jags job is Bill O'Brien.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Black Monday has begun.

Looks like O'Brien is heading back to the NFL even if it's not as HC.

TJ Watt has tied Strahan for the single season sack record. He's got a half to make it a solo record.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

JAX gives #1 pick to Lions.

Lions: Nah, you can keep it.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:44 pm TJ Watt has tied Strahan for the single season sack record. He's got a half to make it a solo record.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TJ gets another 10 minutes... Baltimore made some changes so Huntley isn't holding the ball so long.

I cannot believe the Colts sucked that bad today. How do you earn the tag of "nobody wants to play this team in the playoffs" and then go lay an egg like that?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I know they won't win shit, but I still had to root for the Steelers to win.

I'm still flabbergasted by the Colts no showing in Jacksonville.

Now, do the Chargers and Raiders just take a knee tonight and tie? I'd bet money the NFL has called them and threatened them in some way to ensure they actually play to win.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Here's one for Catt to enjoy: And they couldn't even field a proper roster due to cap issues. The Giants are a dumpster fire.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:42 pm Here's one for Catt to enjoy: And they couldn't even field a proper roster due to cap issues. The Giants are a dumpster fire.
yyyaaaaaayyyyyyyy
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Nice commentary
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm If, by some miracle, the Jaguars beat the Colts we could get the most unique game in NFL history that night.

Chargers and Raiders would actually have incentive to play for a tie.
Well, C'mon Chargers + Raiders! The Jags deliveed.