NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

We need to find out they once wore blackface to a party. Then we could be rid of them forever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Well, WTFers sure seem to know where their holes are.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TV Rights still worth a lot of $$$
The National Football League has finalized its new 11-year media rights agreement with a pact that will run through 2033 and could be worth over $100 billion.

The league announced Thursday it’s renewing TV rights with all of its existing broadcast partners and adding Amazon Prime Video as an exclusive partner for its Thursday Night Football package. It’s the first time a streaming service will carry a full package of games exclusively. Amazon is paying about $1 billion per year, according to people familiar with the matter. All the packages are for 11 years, the league said.

ViacomCBS, Fox and Comcast (which owns NBCUniversal) are all paying more than $2 billion per year for their packages, while Disney (which owns ESPN and ABC) will pay around $2.7 billion annually, according to people familiar with the matter. Using these numbers, the NFL’s new agreement projects to be more than $100 billion -- the richest U.S. sports league media deal.

The NFL has not responded to a request for comment to confirm the total amount of the agreements. ViacomCBS is paying $2.1 billion for its package and NBCUniversal is paying about $2 billion, the lowest of any of the partners, but the highest increase over its previous deal, the people said. NBCUniversal paid $1.1 billion for its previous package, including playoff games.

Fox is also projected to pay over $2 billion in its new contact, but will save $660 million as it relinquishes the Thursday Night Football package. Morgan Stanley estimates that contact will be averaging $400 million in annual losses in 2023 when Fox’s agreement expires.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The Amazon Prime Thursday Night game is fine with me.

Wonder why other streaming companies didn't try (that we know of) to get into this.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Why?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:12 pmWhy
Chance to play for the greatest coach in the game?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm
I'll kill you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:00 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm
I'll kill you.
Not before he kills the record books!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's funny, I saw someone else bitching about this and saying, "Oh great, another 8-8 year." I responded, "8-8?! Tomlin fans will be thrilled!!!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:23 pm It's funny, I saw someone else bitching about this and saying, "Oh great, another 8-8 year." I responded, "8-8?! Tomlin fans will be thrilled!!!"
ANOTHER RECORD year of not a losing season!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Good news for the AFC North: Word out of Pittsburgh is that the Steelers are finalizing a deal to extend Tomlin 2-3 years and GM Kevin Colbert will be retiring after the 2022 draft. The Steelers are heading into another era like their 80s run where they will be non-factors.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's weird to see people talking about the Washington football team and free agency using nice words.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 am The Steelers are heading into another era like their 80s run where they will be non-factors
I sure as hell hope this is true, its been a loooong time coming. But in all honesty, the Steelers are just a good franchise they won't be bad for long.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:06 pm It's weird to see people talking about the Washington football team and free agency using nice words.
I really believe its going to be a race with Washington and Dallas in that division, if Dak is healthy Dallas is dangerous. Washington has a really good defense, great coach and were really only lacking in QB last year. With Fitzmagic and those OSU receivers you can guarantee a great start to the season, Fitz is ALWAYS throwing tons of TD's especially early in the year.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:40 am I sure as hell hope this is true, its been a loooong time coming. But in all honesty, the Steelers are just a good franchise they won't be bad for long.
This was true of Art Sr.

Art Jr. has the reigns now, and he...well, he's not his dad.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

WTFers going to be WTFers at least one more year.
Wright said the rebrand goes beyond just a new name and logo, citing the game-day experience -- everything from entertainment to parking to concessions, and even ticketing and Washington's charitable foundation. The cheerleader program was changed in favor of a co-ed dance team -- Wright said he was a dancer in musical theater before sticking with football -- and the marching band, also paused, will return with a new look as well.
Well, I guess Cake can be a fan, now.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:42 pm WTFers to be all Snyder all the time!
yyyaaaayyyy