NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:29 pm Commanders caught cheating. :D
I love how 1/2 the incidents were just an accident. Who knows what the other one was.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFLPA preparing to fight "unprecedented" discipline for Watson.

According to the article, their defense will be "whataboutism" (seriously) based on three owners who have had recent scandals. Meanwhile, there's a movement in the NFL offices that Watson should not play again until his lawsuits are dealt with and they are sure no more allegations or suits are coming.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/desha ... uxbndlbing

Watson settles 20 of the 24 lawsuits against him. I've got to believe this is part of the punishment/agreement between the NFL and Watson/NFLPA. It's no good for anybody to keep hearing about this.

I suspect the final 4 cases will get settled soon too and we should be hearing about his punishment shortly after that. The fact that he settled tells me that it won't be a full year. i have no idea why i think that, maybe its the fan in me but i think the NFLPA getting involved had alot to do with it.

I'm guessing 8-10 games.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this development.

Never forget:

The NFL might not care.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

A civil case is all about money. The women wanted money to make this go away and that's what they are getting. The funny thing is, he says it isn't about money, i get that but it's all about money. When you just signed a $230M dollar contract and it costs you most likely less than $10M to make it go away, that's an easy choice. The fastest way to clear your name is to stop people from talking about it. So i disagree with those people that say innocent people don't settle, when its pennies on the dollar and you can get on with your career...

If the NFL said to him. We want you to settle this or you're going to be suspended for 2 years or more then he may have seen it as the easy way out. I also find it funny that this all came down very soon after the NFLPA got involved. The NFL is always sweeping anything under the rug when it comes to their owners.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Also, what happened to 25 & 26? They actually never filed suit? Lies? Weird...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:09 pm So i disagree with those people that say innocent people don't settle
I don't. I mean, I could see your point if he had filed a counterclaim against each of them, but he didn't. And his lawyer says getting a happy ending is just a normal part of a massage, so we're not dealing with awesome human beings here.

Personally, I'll be rooting for him to snap his femur every time he's on the field.

Nothing against the Browns in the slightest...well actually, fuck the organization and fans who are acting like these accusations are nothing and should be ignored. However, I do still feel terrible for all the human Browns fans who didn't sign up for this shit.
Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:09 pm The NFL is always sweeping anything under the rug when it comes to their owners.
They do, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:17 pm I don't. I mean, I could see your point if he had filed a counterclaim against each of them, but he didn't.
Wait a second.. So if you think that's the case, then you probably think that real victims would never settle too? And maybe that's what the final 4 women are thinking.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:17 pm They do, but two wrongs don't make a right.

No, they don't. But there's a new collective bargaining agreement that states owners are to be held to a higher standard than everyone else. So if precedence is one of the big things that everyone wants to go by, then how do you not punish them but throw the book at a player? Not at all saying its the right thing, but its a valid argument the NFLPA has.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:34 pm Wait a second.. So if you think that's the case, then you probably think that real victims would never settle too? And maybe that's what the final 4 women are thinking.
Please do not start trying to defend him if that's what you are doing. 66 massage therapists in 17 months at an off site hotel with NDAs involved is not good behavior. It's indefensible. Watson is a predator and he will do something again. Only a matter of time.

I do think real victims settle because they know the odds are stacked against them. Rich athlete backed by the most powerful sports league in the country versus a bunch of no name women. Worse yet, due to Watson having planned out his crimes, it all becomes "he said, she said". I'm thinking the 20 were taking the path of least resistance. They may never get justice, but they can get a payday. I don't blame them. I am also impressed that the original woman did not settle. She may still settle or she'll ride it all the way, who knows?
Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:34 pm But there's a new collective bargaining agreement that states owners are to be held to a higher standard than everyone else. So if precedence is one of the big things that everyone wants to go by, then how do you not punish them but throw the book at a player? Not at all saying its the right thing, but its a valid argument the NFLPA has.
There is NOTHING valid about their argument when it comes to Kraft (a lonely old man who asked for a happy ending at a massage parlor and did not force himself on anyone) or Jones (he slept around). Snyder is a possibility because he seems to be a complete scumbag, but that investigation is still ongoing, so how can you compare a punishment there?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:17 pm Please do not start trying to defend him if that's what you are doing
I'm not. Was just commenting on your opinion that innocent people don't settle lawsuits, that's just plain wrong. I believe that's a terrible take by "Littlesnappy" whoever that is.

I also think that it's odd that no players have come out and said anything against Watson, not ex teammates, coaches, nothing.. Players talk shit about other players all the time now. I'd think someone, somewhere along the way would've had some sort of negative opinion on him by now.

It leads me to believe that this type of behavior is maybe a little more prevalent among young, rich and entitled athletes. Maybe not to the extent that Watson is accused of, but i do believe many of these guys are getting lots of ass in ways that you or I do not because of who they are and the power they have over people.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:17 pm so how can you compare a punishment there?
That's easy. Because the NFL can suspend you for anything they wish, you don't have to be convicted of anything. "Protect the Shield" is the number 1 thing. If you bring a negative light upon the NFL they can and will punish you, except if you're an owner.. So yeah, that is a valid argument.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

The next time a player asks for a handy, they should get punished less than the owner. The next time an owner assaults 20+ women, he should get punished more than Watson. I don't think you should find the smallest crime committed by any owner and then declare "No player can be punished more than this".
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 am Was just commenting on your opinion that innocent people don't settle lawsuits, that's just plain wrong.
A lawsuit, sure. 20 that accuse you a being a serial sexual assaulter and ALL the evidence points to that being true? No.
Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 am I believe that's a terrible take by "Littlesnappy" whoever that is.
I don't know who that is either. That tweet was in Twitter's feed for Deshaun. Also, it's not a terrible take. What's a terrible take is thinking one's respect or tolerance for this person or this behavior is suddenly acceptable just because they paid people off.
Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 am I also think that it's odd that no players have come out and said anything against Watson, not ex teammates, coaches, nothing.. Players talk shit about other players all the time now. I'd think someone, somewhere along the way would've had some sort of negative opinion on him by now.
Ted Bundy was a pretty well liked guy. Ditto for every single cult leader ever. Just because someone is likeable doesn't mean they aren't a monster.
Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 am It leads me to believe that this type of behavior is maybe a little more prevalent among young, rich and entitled athletes. Maybe not to the extent that Watson is accused of, but i do believe many of these guys are getting lots of ass in ways that you or I do not because of who they are and the power they have over people.
False equivalence.

Sure, young, rich, and entitled athletes/men have tons of pussy thrown at them. (It's something women's rights folks absolutely refuse to discuss or acknowledge, but that's another topic.) But of the thousands of professional athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL only a ridiculously small handful ever have such charges brought against them. Only one has had 24 sexual assault allegations and all the insane details of the case against him, including an NFL team helping to enable his behavior (And please know that I 100% think the NFL should destroy the Texans for their involvement in this situation.) It's very similar to stand up comedians and how there are thousands of them, yet only one wanted his women asleep before he fucked them.

Meanwhile, and here's where the false equivalence comes into it, you know what it was like because you were a good looking rock star (kinda...I mean, bass... :D ). You had pussy thrown at you. I knew what it was like because I was apparently born with "Fuck me" written on my forehead. I won't speak for you, but this combined with my first real introduction into "dating" and "relationships" being absolutely fucked gave me a somewhat warped perspective on women and relationships. I loved women and respected them, but I went through them like water and never stopped to have any sort of relationship. You seemed to be more of a relationship guy and you even dated your own Amber Heard! (You'll have to tell the folks around here that story sometime.) Those things being said, neither of us were out there raping women, forcing ourselves upon them, or making them sign NDAs to try and keep ourselves out of trouble.

There is an absolute mountain range of difference between a guy fucking a lot of women and a guy calling professionals (NOT prostitutes) to come to a job at a private location despite having the same services available for free at his team's facility, then making them sign an NDA before forcing himself upon them, exposing himself, yada yada yada.
Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:48 am That's easy. Because the NFL can suspend you for anything they wish, you don't have to be convicted of anything. "Protect the Shield" is the number 1 thing. If you bring a negative light upon the NFL they can and will punish you, except if you're an owner.. So yeah, that is a valid argument.
It's just "Whataboutism", which can be a valid comparison or a way to point out someone's hypocrisy, but it isn't a valid legal defense. Kraft didn't force himself on someone. He asked for a HJ. Small difference, but a massive difference. As Cake said,
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:13 am I don't think you should find the smallest crime committed by any owner and then declare "No player can be punished more than this".
The NFL knows people are watching. They botched the whole Kaep thing, although so did he. They botched Ray Rice and other domestic assaulters. They suspended Calvin Ridley for an entire season for a $1500 bet last year. Meanwhile, MLB suspended a guy for 2 full years for domestic violence. Also, the NHL has basically jettisoned their most famous abuser. In a time when people have more entertainment options then ever, cancel culture exists, women have more and more power, and so on, it will be interesting to see what punishment he gets. If I'm the NFL, I throw everything at him. Give him a 2 or 3 year suspension. Why? Because it makes me look like I'm taking it seriously and the only market I'll be pissing off is Cleveland. Plus, the NFLPA will then step in and defend Deshaun which will make them look like the assholes to the public. That's win-win for the NFL...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

In other scumbag news...Snyder was trying to bury findings against him.

Seriously, the NFL needs to part ways with Snyder. I know they can "force" an owner out, but I have no idea what the legalities are to make it happen.

Ravens LB Ferguson dies.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Goose died

If it's not circulatory related, I'm surprised.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Congress is really pushing the probe against Snyder.

I hope for Catt that they get him out. This also might not bode well for Watson. This stuff coming down right now means the NFL can't appear soft on bad behavior.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Googled it and apparently this is a real thing. Not just in Dallas either. OSU peeps say there are snipers at every game. Makes sense.