NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Now I've got to root for the Steelers to win it all, which they can't do, since they blew up the chance for a decent draft pick.

I was thinking today though, doesn't it make sense to go "all in" next year and make a huge pitch to Rodgers and Adams? No more BB, but you're going to need to blow the team up soon and Tomlin apparently has no interest in sticking around for that. So make moves to win it all next year, and then you can start everything over with a new coach.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:00 pm I was thinking today though, doesn't it make sense to go "all in" next year and make a huge pitch to Rodgers and Adams? No more BB, but you're going to need to blow the team up soon and Tomlin apparently has no interest in sticking around for that. So make moves to win it all next year, and then you can start everything over with a new coach.
I mean, if that's what it takes to keep the greatest coach of all time...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So..analytics say to go for it on 4th and a long 1 from your own 18 down by 3 points in the third?

If so, analytics are dumb.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Insanity.

Why did the Chargers take that timeout?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:17 am Insanity.

Man, so close to the tie...
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Whoa, Dolphins fire Flores! thats unexpected. I'm hearing lots of talk that Jim Harbaugh is heading there.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:57 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:17 am Insanity.

Man, so close to the tie...
If you didn't watch the game, it was probably the best regular season game this year, and possibly the best final game of any season I can remember.

Raiders had the ball in OT and were looking at a 58 yarder with 38 seconds left on a running clock. The game was tied. It was third down. Raiders didn't have to do anything. All of a sudden the Chargers called a TO. The Raiders now had to run a play and ran for enough yards to setup a 47 yarder, which they kicked and made.

Cousin Sal said on last night's BS podcast that one of the Raiders was telling Eckler that the Raiders were going to let the clock run out until the Chargers called that TO. I think he's right.

38 seconds on a running clock and the Raiders weren't even huddled, let alone lined up to run a play.

Between that TO and going for it on 4th down from your own 18 only down 3 in the 3rd, I wouldn't be shocked if Staley is fired today.
Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:42 am Whoa, Dolphins fire Flores! thats unexpected. I'm hearing lots of talk that Jim Harbaugh is heading there.
That is unexpected. I like Flores, but him and every other coach without a good QB are fucked. As for Harbaugh, the owner of the Fins is a TTUN grad or something like that. He's been rumored to want Harbaugh for years. I think Harbaugh is definitely gone, I just don't know if it's LV (who should keep their coach), Denver, Miami, or Chicago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:42 am Whoa, Dolphins fire Flores! thats unexpected. I'm hearing lots of talk that Jim Harbaugh is heading there.
That is unexpected, imho.

Raiders
Broncos
Jaguars
Bears
Vikings
Dolphins

Right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:05 am If you didn't watch the game, it was probably the best regular season game this year, and possibly the best final game of any season I can remember.
I did not. But damn, we didn't get the tie.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Looking forward to betting against Tomlin and BB this weekend.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

tiktok bowl?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:20 pmtiktok bowl?
As I have pointed out previously, Mike Tomlin is not a disciplinarian. This has led to people like AB, Chase Claypool, and others to make TikToks in locker rooms, during team meetings, post-game, and so on. In fact, Tomlin's dumb ass actually appeared in a TikTok from the locker room after they beat the Ravens this weekend. He was even dancing...poorly.

Meanwhile, Patrick Mahomes' brother is apparently a POS who lives off of the coattails of Patrick. He has a big following on TikTok and quite the ego about it. He does the "Do you know who I am?" bullshit. A local restaurant or bar recently shredded him and his "I'm more important than others because I have a famous brother" act, but had to back down for fear of losing business. (I posted that story here in this thread.) Anyway, that's him in the picture.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Welp...just was on a FB group and saw a suggestion where Tomlin would step down as coach, but move to GM as ours is retiring after the draft. Tomlin's basically been in charge of the draft for a decade and while he's grabbed some gems, the team isn't deep because most fail. ALL fail in the DBs, which is supposed to be his strength. FML if that happens.

Under the spoiler tag below is a long breakdown of Tomlin's record. It's a good read if you really think Tomlin is a great HC. Might make you understand why fans, such as myself, have been calling for his head for a long time now.

The Steelers STANDARD used to be appearing in AFC Championships for Super Bowl wins.
Under the Cliché Clown, the Standard has become the SUBSTANDARD:
 competing for Wildcard appearances,
 Bragging rights for organizational stability with 50 plus years of only 3 coaches,
 Consecutive non-losing seasons bragging rights.
The next time you hear about Tomlins non-losing season record please feel free to use these numbers:
Dumlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years. The longest streak for the Steelers since 1970 merger.
 Even longer than the dark mid 80's when the Steelers had Malone, Campbell, Woodley, and Bubby.
Mediocre Mike lost the last 3 playoff games with Teflon's defense giving up 36, 45, and 48 points.
The last two playoff losses at home to Jax and the Browns, two of the worst teams of the decade.
 The Clown Cliche Fired the OC after the last two playoff losses when the offense scored 42 and 38.
 Yet no one from the defensive side was fired.
3 Playoff wins in the last 11 years.
 Only two plays away from ZERO playoff wins in the last decade.
1. AB last play touchdown against Ravens on Xmas day 2016. IF stopped at the 1, then no playoffs and they dont get two wins.
2. If Jeremy Hill isn’t stripped by Shazier when Bengal’s were running out the clock in 2015 WC game, they lose. Plus they needed another 45 yerds in personal foul penalties called against Cinci)
That just how close the Steelers are to ZERO wins with the best talent of all NFL teams had in the 2011-2020 Decade.
 The Patriots ranked #2 with 51 players named to Pro Bowl in 2011-2020
 New England went to 9 AFC Championships,
 5 Super Bowl appearances,
 3 Super Bowl Wins.
 The Steelers ranked #1 in the league with 52 players named to Pro Bowl from 2011-2020.
 To show for the #1 ranking in NFL talent, the Steelers had 3 playoff wins.
 1 AFC Championship blowout loss.
 Playoff losses to Tebow and Bortles.
 Both QBs had their greatest day ever as a pro in those playoff games.
 Both QBs were out of the league one year after those playoff victories against the Steelers.
 Playoff Losses to Cleveland and Jax. The NFL’s two worst teams of the decade.
 In 2017 NFL’s top 100 Players voting according to NFL, the Steelers had 6 players named in the top 48. They were one and done in the playoffs after loss to Jax.
COWHER with BEN for 3 YEARS,
 Cowher won 5 playoff games in 3 years with Ben.
 Cowher went to 2 AFC Championships in 3 years with Ben.
 None of these victories took place in Bens prime.
TOMLIN with BEN for 15 years
 Tomlin has won 8 playoff games vs 5 for Cowher
 Tomlin went to 3 AFC Championship's with Ben - IN 15 YEARS! vs. 2 for Cowher in 3 years
 5 of those wins (came in the ROONEY Rule’s first 4 years) from riding the coattails of Lebeau and Arians and inheriting Cowhers players and leaders.
 Lebeau and Arians told The Poet to get out of their meeting or sit down and STFU.
Overall Cowher went to the playoffs 10 times in those15 years. Cowher DID NOT have a HOF QB in his prime.
 Cowher won at least one playoff games in 8 of those 15 years.
 53%,
 Meaning the Steelers won at least one playoff game once every 2 years.
 Cowher won 8 Division Championships.
 2 Playoff appearances as a Wildcard.
 Won 1 SB as a Wildcard.
 Cowher went to 21 Playoff games; 12-9 overall playoff record.
 Cowher failed to win a playoff game in 2 of the 10 years appearing in the playoffs.
 Cowher won 12 Playoff games with 5 QB’s: O’Donnell, Tomczak, Kordell, Maddox and early years of Ben
Overall Tomlin went to the playoffs 9 times in 15 years. Tomlin DID have a HOF QB in his prime for all of those 15 years.
 Tomlin won at least one playoff games in 4 (FOUR) of those 15 years.
 26%
 Meaning the Steelers won at least one playoff game every 4 years.
 Tomlin won 7 Division Championships.
 2 Playoff appearances as a Wildcard.
 Tomlin went to 16 Playoff games; 8-8 overall playoff record.
 Tomlin FAILED to win a playoff game in 5 of the 9 years appearing in the playoffs.
 Tomlin won 8 Playoff games with 1 first ballot HOF QB in his prime.
NOTE: Tomlin was hired as Steelers HC after being a DB coach for 5 years with Tampa (2001-2005) and then DC 1 year with Vikings in 2006.
 In 2005 Vikings were #22 in pass defense.
 Under Tomlin in 2006 Vikings finished #31
 What Coordinator gets a HC job after finishing second to last in the league in Pass Defense when he was a DB coach?
NOTE: When The Cliché was told to improve the running game after the 2017 season by Rooney, The Clown has since ranked near or at the bottom every year since. In what business in the entire world does a boss give a directive to improve his industry rankings and then his employee finishes the worst or near the worst in the entire industry and then get a 3 year extension as one of the highest paid employees in that same industry?
 2017 ranked #20
 2018 ranked #31
 2019 ranked #29
 2020 ranked #32
 2021 ranked #28 through 16 games
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 pm The last two playoff losses at home to Jax and the Browns, two of the worst teams of the decade.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 pm Playoff Losses to Cleveland and Jax. The NFL’s two worst teams of the decade.
C'mon, don't repeat yourself! :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I did not write that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:29 pm I did not write that.
I know, I meant for whoever. Lazy writing.

At any rate, I'm 100% disappointed that Tomlin was unable to grab that golden ring of the first 8-8-1 season, which a quick google search indicates has never been done before. (including the post-season, but definitely never in the regular season).
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm I'm 100% disappointed that Tomlin was unable to grab that golden ring of the first 8-8-1 season
He really, really tried.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:15 am
That is unexpected, imho.

Raiders
Broncos
Jaguars
Bears
Vikings
Dolphins

Right?
And Giants.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:50 pmAnd Giants.
Actually kind of shocking because the front office really didn't want to fire him. I think their hand was forced by EVERYONE saying Judge sucked AND the players going public with how bad he was to them. He had completely lost control.