NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Snyder declines House subpoena.

He claims it's due to a scheduling issue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:08 pm Snyder declines House subpoena.

He claims it's due to a scheduling issue.
too busy masterbating to picture of himself?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Commanders locked up McLaurin today.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:28 pm NFL wants Watson suspended indefinitely.
if he plays this year I would be stunned
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I just don't know how they let him near a field with MLB giving Trevor Bauer 2 years for domestic abuse, Roe vs Wade being overturned, the Snyder situation where Goodell is fielding questions about how to remove him as owner, and so on. I just don't think the NFL can afford to slap Watson on the wrist in this political climate.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:21 am if he plays this year I would be stunned
Be prepared to be stunned???

Mike Florio, who has covered this topic more closely than anyone i can think of had this interesting article yesterday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... un-watson/
What are the facts? It’s known that the NFL focused on five claims against Watson. It’s known that no one is claiming that he committed violence or used physical force, against anyone. It’s believed by some that he had a habit/fetish of seeking massages and hoping they would turn sexual.
No one knows how this is going to play out. However, it makes sense to be thinking about the possibility that Judge Robinson will apply the policy as written, that she will apply it strictly, that she will expect the NFL to have credible evidence of one or more violations, and that she won’t be inclined to punish Watson simply for having a habit/fetish of hoping private massages turn sexual when an owner had no league scrutiny after a massage allegedly turned sexual. Put simply, there’s a chance Judge Robinson will impose not much punishment, if any, on Watson.
Of course, if Judge Robinson imposes any punishment at all on Watson, the league can then appeal the decision to the Commissioner, who can increase the punishment. Judge Robinson’s factual findings, which are binding on the appeal process, could paint the Commissioner into a corner.

In other words, if she imposes little or no punishment, the decision likely will come with specific written findings that will make it very difficult to justify increasing the punishment.

I've been saying for a while now, the NFL "leaking" this information of 1 year is just them grandstanding. They can say we want the harshest penalty and if something less comes of it they have a built in excuse because an independent judge is deciding the penalty.

I still think the penalty is somewhere in the 6-10 game range.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I know you don't feel awesome defending a serial rapist. Worse, if Watson plays you will NEVER not hear about it from other fans and the media.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:51 pm Baker traded to the Panthers.
The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade quarterback Baker Mayfield to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a conditional draft pick, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The Panthers will pay $4.85 million of Mayfield's salary while the Browns will pay $10.5 million. The deal is pending a physical.

The Browns will receive either a fourth- or fifth-round pick in 2024, depending on Mayfield's playing time in Carolina.
I'm sorry, but big oof for the Browns all around. Watson won't play this year. I guess the Browns are all in on the 2023 draft :)
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Browns vs Panthers week 1! MUST SEE TV!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:58 pm I'm sorry, but big oof for the Browns all around. Watson won't play this year. I guess the Browns are all in on the 2023 draft
Maybe he doesn't play this year, but in the long run Watson is a far superior QB to Mayfield. So maybe its an oof for this year and its a throwaway season, but they are better going forward.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger, gun to your head...

Week 1 in Carolina (right?) Baker vs Jacoby, which guy performs better? Who gets the W?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:26 am Stranger, gun to your head...

Week 1 in Carolina (right?) Baker vs Jacoby, which guy performs better? Who gets the W?
Baker may not even play :) :)
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:26 am Stranger, gun to your head...

I have no doubt that Baker will have better stats just because he will need to throw the ball alot more than Cleveland will or should. Carolina has a terrible O-line and we've all seen what happens when Baker doesn't have a perfect pocket. I think Garrett and Clowney eat him alive. Brissett will probably throw for less than 200 yards and Baker throws for more yds and probably more TD's but i think the Browns defense will give him fits.

So does he perform better than Jacoby? probably statistically.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:42 am Baker may not even play
If there's 1 game Baker plays all year it will be week 1.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:58 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:42 am Baker may not even play
If there's 1 game Baker plays all year it will be week 1.
He has to overtake Sam Darnold for that spot! :lol: :lol: :lol: