NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Chicago LB doubles down on his taunting and claims old man intentionally physically assaulted him on the field.

He might have a point on the hip check, but watching it over I'm seeing more of the taunting now. Last night I didn't think it was there, but now I get it. Apparently so did his position coach who chewed his ass out and you can see him screaming about "taunting and going to their sideline".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The "hip check" to me looked like the ref trying to brace himself once he realized someone twice his side was about to run into him. From the angle, it looks like it's close.

For the taunt, I can only imagine it's looking/walking towards the Pitt sideline? But I would still say no.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:13 am For the taunt, I can only imagine it's looking/walking towards the Pitt sideline? But I would still say no.
Does it help to know that he was with Pittsburgh two weeks ago, but they cut him? That he was only activated from the practice squad that day?

He was trying to send a message and it makes it far more obvious to those with that info.

Now does the ref know that guy's history? Probably not.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:19 pm Does it help to know that he was with Pittsburgh two weeks ago, but they cut him? That he was only activated from the practice squad that day?
Still, he didn't say anything, just took some steps and stared, imho.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:23 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:19 pm Does it help to know that he was with Pittsburgh two weeks ago, but they cut him? That he was only activated from the practice squad that day?
Words don't need to be said to get flagged for taunting.

Chubb's got the covids.

The only logical and fair thing to do is nullify the Cincy-Cleveland game and give bettors their money back.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:26 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:23 pm
The NFL's official definition of taunting is “baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.”
Just walking towards a sideline and staring shouldn't be enough.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:29 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:26 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:23 pm Still, he didn't say anything, just took some steps and stared, imho.
The NFL's official definition of taunting is “baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.”
Just walking towards a sideline and staring shouldn't be enough.
Just for clarification: The call ultimately meant nothing to the outcome.

It is when you stand over someone and don't say a word. Why wouldn't it be to do the same towards a sideline? Dude was in the middle of the field, had already celebrated with his teammates, those teammates left towards their sideline, this dipshit walked halfway to the opponent's sideline, stared with a puffy chest, and then finally left while bumping into the ref.

The league is emphasizing taunting this year. They announced it before the season. Sent a memo to all the teams. Every team also gets sent a video of what constitutes taunting. It's also the official's discretion. This is why his coach was chewing his ass out and not screaming at the officials.

Although, to be fair, just looking at this guy and I'm guessing he doesn't make a lot of good choices.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:13 pm The call ultimately meant nothing to the outcome.
Some article said it was 3rd and 8 on the sack, so would have been 4th down, punter was coming out.
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:13 pm Although, to be fair, just looking at this guy and I'm guessing he doesn't make a lot of good choices.
lol

Imagine if he'd joined the Raiders.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:13 pm
"First of all, keep in mind that taunting is a point of emphasis this year," Corrente said in a pool report. "And with that said, I saw the player, after he made a big play, run toward the bench area of the Pittsburgh Steelers and posture in such a way that I felt he was taunting them.
This is a lie, there is no running. Posture is weak.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:18 pm Some article said it was 3rd and 8 on the sack, so would have been 4th down, punter was coming out.
That is correct. However, when Chicago got the ball back they drove down for the lead with a TD in like four plays. The bigger play in the game was when Boswell missed an XP earlier.

As for the refs' quote, I'll again point out that it's their discretion. Dude should have ended his celebration and went back to his sideline. His coach agrees.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

For some reason, Aaron Rodgers appearing on Pat McAfee's show while wearing a Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker shirt is trending on Twitter.

Nobody with a shred of intelligence would wear such a shirt.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:34 pm Nobody with a shred of intelligence would wear such a shirt.
OK, now I understand the mobs coming after him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Fucking racists. Why would they look at a black QB who was in the league last year when they can sign a black QB that hasn't played in 4 or so years, who would be a GIANT distraction to your team, and who thinks grown men being paid millions to play a game are slaves?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm This is why people abhor lawyers.
Was this witness a firefighter expert?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:00 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm This is why people abhor lawyers.
Was this witness a firefighter expert?
We can test it by setting the lawyers on fire one by one and then the witness can tell us how long it should take to put them out.

Just got a news alert on my phone that OBJ is finalizing a deal with the Rams.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Fantastic loss by the Ravens last night. Them damn refs were trying reeeeeealy hard to give them the win though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I got a whole 20 points out of Jackson and Gaskins, so I was less than thrilled.

Also, I didn't think the refs were that bad. Although, to be fair, I was more playing Elex than watching.