NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 am Do we see Pickett next week at home for the Jets or do they wait until the bye week in the beginning of November? That decision will tell you what you need to know about the Steelers' plan for this season.
Just read an article on ESPN claiming the Steelers need to make the move "now".

Also read one there and on SBNation speculating on Brady's last ride. There are growing murmurs of him walking before the season ends. I actually even think he wants to leave now, but as long as TB wins, he can't.

What does it mean for Lance and Jimmy G if SF becomes a playoff contender now?

One question I had after Sunday that I meant to post earlier: What did the Cowboys lose with Rush at QB over Prescott?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Cleveland's prevent D on the 1st TD drive of the 2 minute miracle.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

For those of us with souls, that hit made you cringe.

Sounds like he's ok, but they're still testing.

A Raiders fan smacked Kyler Murray post game.

Dude will be charged then banned for life, rightfully. It's a game dipshit.

Tomlin will be patient with offense and I agree.

Mitch has been terrible, but I wonder if Matt Canada's terrible offensive scheme and play calling are more responsible. Mitch actually could throw down the field in Chicago (...right?). Here they are limiting him terribly. It looks like the same offense they were running for broken down BB last year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Jackson is out of the hospital.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Through two games, Mitch Trubisky is averaging 4.85 yards per pass. While his decision-making is far from perfect and his completion percentage is just under 60%, the bigger issue appears to be play design and playcalling.
Emphasis mine.

Matt Canada is garbage.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Dumping Kirk was the right answer for Washington, but boy have they sucked at finding the next part of that answer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Love the maturity from Kyler on the fan that smacked him.

NFL warns Arians to stop being a dick.

Fields is clearly frustrated in Chicago.

And honestly, any fans that criticize the team better start with how management has set the offense up to fail. Their O line is the league's worst, ditto for their receiving corps, and they have a defensive HC, which apparently only works in NE and Pittsburgh. They did NOTHING in the offseason to help the offense.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:45 pm My money is on Dallas.
"right situation" = shitload of money
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:51 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:45 pm My money is on Dallas.
"right situation" = shitload of money
True, but in this case I think "Jerry needs to let me do my thing like he did with Jimmy Johnson" will be a factor as well.

They're finally letting Trubisky air it out and it's getting some decent results.

That catch by Pickens was pretty awesome.

If you're curious Stranger, I did not agree with that holding call on Ward. Although, it ultimately meant nothing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Does Pittsburgh have a black punter?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yes sir. He's decent.

Steelers looked very poorly coached in that second half. George Pickens had that amazing grab, but fucked everything else up all night, including that onside kick that he would have had. Dionte Johnson sure does drop a LOT of balls for a guy who wants WR1 money. Not sure I've ever seen him make a contested catch.

Keep losing Steelers. This team isn't winning shit. We need good draft picks.

That last TD cost a LOT of people a LOT of money. It reminds me of the TD Polamalu scored with no time left on a weird play years ago when Pittsburgh was playing...NE? Pitt won the low scoring game, but the refs decided not to score that last second TD for no explained reason. The TD not being counted meant the Steelers did not cover. People were pissed and I remember the NFL later saying it should have counted.
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:52 pm That last TD cost a LOT of people a LOT of money.
But didn't it make an equal number of people an equal amount of money? Why you so half full?!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:52 pm George Pickens had that amazing grab
He OBJ'd us! No kidding that was an incredible catch, one of the best ever. Harris is a tough runner thats hard to take down, but Jalen Warren is the scary one to me. I never even heard of him.

Oddly enough, Jacoby Brissett is the least of our worries. Defense pulled it together in the second half, but man Denzel Ward is off to a terrible start this year. And our "Unspecial teams" is just that. UGH...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:12 am And our "Unspecial teams" is just that. UGH...
No shit. If Pickens isn't offsides, he's there right in time to get that onside kick.
Stranger wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:12 am Jalen Warren is the scary one to me. I never even heard of him.
Yeah, he's another undrafted special like Willie Parker. He was behind Snell on the depth chart, but something changed this week and he took advantage of the opportunity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Just over 1 quarter of play... damn.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:50 pm Image
Just over 1 quarter of play... damn.
Well, nothing else has happened, but it seems DEEPLY unfair that the D gets penalized for their O giving up a safety.