NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This made me laugh really hard.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:57 pm KC leads the LEAGUE in 1st quarter point - BUT NONE AGAINST THE GOAT!
I both hate you, but I'm also truly impressed how you always turn things in Tomlin's favor.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:29 pm NFL Memes are killing it today.
Add the Steelers?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:05 pm Add the Steelers?
Absolutely. D came to play, but the offense is DOA. BB's numbers are shockingly bad. Dionte Johnson, who was talking shit this week, has dropped two big passes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tap out!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The offense has finally tied the defense.

Tomlin football!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Before the playoff games this weekend i did a 6 leg parlay for all the games playing this weekend for +4648. Just need the the Rams to cover 4 points and i cash in. Only put $5 bucks on it, but that's $237. Draftkings is offering me $108 to cash in now but i say fuck that, will make tonight's game much more fun to watch.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:25 pm The offense has finally tied the defense.

Tomlin football!
That Steelers' D is good, outscoring them is quite an accomplishment.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

And once and for all... Good Riddance Ben
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:50 am Before the playoff games this weekend i did a 6 leg parlay for all the games playing this weekend for +4648. Just need the the Rams to cover 4 points and i cash in. Only put $5 bucks on it, but that's $237. Draftkings is offering me $108 to cash in now but i say fuck that, will make tonight's game much more fun to watch.
Nice! That's exactly how I bet. $5 here and there, particularly on high odds. Only three more weeks of gambling!

I'm impressed you're not taking the payout. But that's the beauty of betting $5. Sure, you may not win $200, but you only lost $5. I lost no sleep over losing out on $116 because a bad spot cost Scotty Miller a yard receiving. :D
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 am That Steelers' D is good, outscoring them is quite an accomplishment.
They were in the 1st quarter and then they got tired. That's what happens when your offense has punted 5 times already 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter.
Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 am And once and for all... Good Riddance Ben
He's flattered. You must be super thrilled to have Burrow in the division now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:42 pm He's flattered. You must be super thrilled to have Burrow in the division now.
:D :D :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin lowered the standard for the Steelers.

Tomlin has now coached as long as Cowher. Let's take a look at each's coaching tree during their tenure:
-Under Cowher, the Steelers lost 9 asst coaches to other teams that made them their HCs. Many are still coaching today, many are considered the best or some of the best in their specialties, and there's even a SB winner in there. (Dom Capers, Dick LeBeau, Marvin Lewis, Chan Gailey, David Culley, Mike Mularkey, Jim Haslett, Ken Whisenhunt, and Bruce Arians)
-Under Tomlin, the Steelers have lost 0 asst coaches to other teams wanting to make them HCs.

To be fair to Tomlin, he had to fire more coaches than Cowher and some have left to do the same job elsewhere rather than work for Tomlin...which never happened to Cowher.

You know that O line that keeps generating huge running lanes for Henry in Tennessee? That was the Steelers' O line coach who left because of Tomlin. The greatest DC the game ever saw, LeBeau, left to do the same job in Tennessee because of Tomlin. We just lost our current (at the time) O line coach for the same job in Oregon.

Tomlin inherited Cowher's staff and players. He won a Super Bowl with them and has done nothing since. The roster has just gotten worse and worse and worse, particularly in the secondary which is Tomlin's "specialty". The coaching staff has just gotten worse and worse and worse. For the first time since 67 or something like that, the Steelers have gone 5 years without winning a playoff game. The fact that there is no discipline in the locker room is a publicly known issue.

Tomlin won that Super Bowl because he got out of the way of an experienced coaching staff, particularly Lebeau, and had a roster full of HOFers and pro bowlers. That Super Bowl was won thanks to two of the most legendary plays in SB history: BB's pass to Santonio Holmes and James Harrison's 98 yard INT return for a TD with no time left in the half.

Tomlin continues to be the most overrated coach in NFL history.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Cowher had 3 losing seasons, Tomlin had 0, case closed!

Also, the WTFers are the only team to not have a 11+ win season in the past 11 years. They've gone 31 years without one.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Is it petty of me to think back to last year when Chase Claypool's was butt hurt because the Browns rolled them and he said "It doesn't matter, the Chiefs are gonna clap them anyways" then proceed to watch yesterday's game with a grin on my face and think about that statement???
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm Is it petty of me to think back to last year when Chase Claypool's was butt hurt because the Browns rolled them and he said "It doesn't matter, the Chiefs are gonna clap them anyways" then proceed to watch yesterday's game with a grin on my face and think about that statement???
lololol.

Oh man, playoff stories are funny. My team used to have those.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm If, by some miracle, the Jaguars beat the Colts we could get the most unique game in NFL history that night.

Chargers and Raiders would actually have incentive to play for a tie.
That would be awesome.

At least the Browns get an easier schedule next year: NFC South, all AFC 4th place teams, and the Giants (4th place NFC East). Sure, the AFC East could be tough.

I think this also means the WTFers and Steelers will play each other next year.
Steelers fucked it all up by getting 2nd, and Browns-WTFers is on for next year.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:49 pm Oh man, playoff stories are funny. My team used to have those
I have like 3.. ever.. so ya know, i'm not going to forget those.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:51 pm Steelers fucked it all up by getting 2nd, and Browns-WTFers is on for next year.
I saw that, in DC i'm pretty sure. Somehow the Browns finished ahead of the Raven in the division but will pick right before them in the draft. Not sure how that happens.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:03 pm I saw that, in DC i'm pretty sure. Somehow the Browns finished ahead of the Raven in the division but will pick right before them in the draft. Not sure how that happens.
If I can make it that wkend, I'd gladly buy you a ticket! And a hotel room, as my friend I used to crash with got divorced, so cant really fit people any more. Leisher's included, too.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:04 pm If I can make it that wkend, I'd gladly buy you a ticket! And a hotel room, as my friend I used to crash with got divorced, so cant really fit people any more. Leisher's included, too.
That'd be a blast! But Leisher would just be making fun of our teams pillow fighting it out..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:44 pm Cowher had 3 losing seasons, Tomlin had 0, case closed!
You sound like all of his defenders. They either say that or "only racists criticize Tomlin".
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:44 pm Also, the WTFers are the only team to not have a 11+ win season in the past 11 years. They've gone 31 years without one.
I never would have guessed that.
Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm Is it petty of me to think back to last year when Chase Claypool's was butt hurt because the Browns rolled them and he said "It doesn't matter, the Chiefs are gonna clap them anyways" then proceed to watch yesterday's game with a grin on my face and think about that statement???
Yes, it's petty. It's also almost word for word what I saw someone post on Twitter last night...weird. However, I fully understand the feeling. I LOVED watching every Patriots and Brady loss the last decade or so. Plus, Chase is a hateable douchebag and deserves all of your scorn.
Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:29 pm But Leisher would just be making fun of our teams pillow fighting it out..
Nah, I would never go into someone else's stadium and go full Chase Claypool. You know I'm not a massive shit talker. You learned that during that Browns-Steelers playoff game when Maddox led that huge comeback.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:04 pm If I can make it that wkend, I'd gladly buy you a ticket! And a hotel room, as my friend I used to crash with got divorced, so cant really fit people any more. Leisher's included, too.
That'd be a blast! But Leisher would just be making fun of our teams pillow fighting it out..
I mean, we'd be giving our own teams shit, so... Serious invite.

Also, QB of the year