NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:00 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:28 am Dwayne Haskins was killed this morning.
damn

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nd-killed/
He was drunk + on drugs. Also, unknown woman was in the car. (not his wife)
According to the toxicology report, two separate samples taken from Haskins' body had alcohol levels of .20 and .24, both of which are above the legal limit in Florida of .08. According to the report, Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs that are used by medical professionals as anesthetics but that also have been known to be used recreationally.

The medical examiner ruled Haskins' cause of death as multiple blunt force injuries and the manner of his death as an accident.

The medical examiner's investigation report stated that when Haskins' car was found on the side of the highway, a "female companion" was in the vehicle and told the Florida Highway Patrol that Haskins had left the vehicle to try to find gas. The woman's relationship to Haskins was not known, according to the report.

According to 911 audio released in April, Haskins' wife, who was not with him at the time of the accident, told a 911 dispatcher that the quarterback was walking to get gas on the morning he was struck and killed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Haskins had some demons. Apparently, he had them prior to coming to OSU, but somehow Meyer was able to silence them. They resurfaced in Washington and clearly hadn't left him when he left that team.

Owners sick of Synder?

Another anti-Snyder article.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:52 pm Owners sick of Synder?
I know I am.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The NFL was fighting hard to avoid an open trial with Gruden. Considering 650K emails were reviewed and only ones damaging to Gruden were leaked, I'm thinking he's probably right about his emails being leaked intentionally to hurt him.

I'm thinking the NFL will lose their appeals for these rulings and eventually settle out of court. They don't want their power and pettiness on display to the nation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Agree.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Trubisky has looked good in OTAs and Pickett has jumped Rudolph in the depth chart.

Steelers won't have a need for Mason once the season starts. Hopefully they can get a draft pick for him.

Hey Stranger, has any Cleveland fan floated out the conspiracy theory that nobody will take Baker as a FU from the rest of the league to Cleveland over the high price they paid for Watson? I didn't hear it anywhere, I just made it up for fun.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:21 pm Hey Stranger, has any Cleveland fan floated out the conspiracy theory that nobody will take Baker as a FU from the rest of the league to Cleveland over the high price they paid for Watson? I didn't hear it anywhere, I just made it up for fun.
Oh yeah thats been bantered about on Cleveland sports radio for a while now, i can believe it. But i also think the Browns are being stubborn at this point.

There was a report out of Carolina just over the weekend that they offered to take Baker of their hands if Cleveland ponied up $15 of the $18M he is owed on his contract in exchange for a 3rd.. Cleveland supposedly was only willing to pay $10-$12M.. They should've went for it, they will never get that offer now.

They are basically paying for a draft pick at this point. Remember when Cleveland traded for Brock Osweiler? they gave Houston $18M and got a second round pick in return for taking that contract. They immediately dumped him after trading for him. Cleveland needs to look at it like this, they have plenty of cap space so eating that money is really nothing.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:23 pm Watson's number grows to 23.
Supposedly another one on the way says the defendants attorney.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:04 am There was a report out of Carolina just over the weekend that they offered to take Baker of their hands if Cleveland ponied up $15 of the $18M he is owed on his contract in exchange for a 3rd.. Cleveland supposedly was only willing to pay $10-$12M.. They should've went for it, they will never get that offer now.
Cleveland needs to keep Baker, because Deshaun won't play :)
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:45 amIt's not m
..I mean, you may not be wrong.. Ugh...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:15 am
Leisher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:23 pm Watson's number grows to 23.
Supposedly another one on the way says the defendants attorney.
Maybe he's going for the record?
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:45 am Cleveland needs to keep Baker, because Deshaun won't play
I know this is said in jest, but WTF does Cleveland do with him? The team clearly has moved on and he doesn't seem like he was popular in the locker room. Nobody else in the league wants him. Best case for Cleveland is they have to play him and he does awesome so they can trade him. Worst case is he's still Baker, they lose, the locker room remains cancerous, and the trade market shrinks further.

Like Stranger said, HUGE mistake not taking the deal Carolina offered.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, Cleveland overplayed their hand. But I still think he's going to play for the Browns this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:51 pm Fitzmagic calls it a career.
Pour one out for a homie