NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

AFC North leading Bengals survive scare against Jags.

When was the last time the Bengals were all alone in 1st this late in the season?
In 2015, the Bengals became the first team in the AFC North (Central) to ever start the year 8–0
Huh, I had completely forgotten about that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:53 am Huh, I had completely forgotten about that.
Yeah, I don't remember that either.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

WTFers had a lot of WTF going on, but pulled out the win.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin sucks and I'm oddly rooting for NE.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 pm Tomlin sucks and I'm oddly rooting for NE.
The further we get from that Bills win the more mysterious it gets. That 2nd half might be the only good football Pitt has played this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, they weren't offsides on the blocked kick returned for a TD that should have ended the first half.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Going for it on 4th and 11 is bold.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

My fantasy team: My luck ran out. Got last. Lost to the 3rd worst team in points this week. But if I had started the correct people, I would have had 2x the # of points, and been first for the week. My bench was awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This one's for Stranger:

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

That's awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

People I've talked to in and around Pittsburgh would be shocked if Steelers coach Mike Tomlin benched Ben Roethlisberger any time soon. They've been together since 2007, and this could be a ride-or-die situation until Roethlisberger's contract expires after the season. Maybe mounting losses would change that, but there's no top-10 pick waiting to play, and the sense I get is Pittsburgh wants Dwayne Haskins to get a true redshirt year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Also just read there's a weird rule in place this year that would allow someone like Jimmy G to get cut after Nov 2nd, cancel their own contract, and then they could immediately sign and play with someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:40 pm This one's for Stranger:
That is pretty sweet. i like it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Inside sources from the Jags on the Meyer situation:

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:15 pm The conservatives I did see boycotting were CONVINCED ratings would be down 50%.
Ratings ended up down 10% last year, but are up 17% yoy this year, for a net gain of 5% over 2019.
One month into the 2021 season, the NFL's viewership is up around 17% compared to this time last year. The league is attracting an average of roughly 17 million viewers across its various network partners, according to Nielsen data.

Those numbers are not only pretty good, but also represent a turnaround from last year. Patrick Crakes, a former Fox Sports executive turned media consultant, is not surprised.
"It's defied every trend inside media for a decade," Crakes told CNN Business. "Why wouldn't it continue to?"
The NFL is the the most reliable ratings driver on TV. This is why NBC, CBS, ESPN/ABC, Fox and Amazon paid more than $100 billion to renew their media contracts with the league earlier this year.
But the NFL's ratings have ebbed and flowed over the past few years, with last year's ratings down about 10% from 2019, so it is notable that viewership has bounced back so considerably.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/media/nf ... index.html

I think people really like having real fans back.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Good. Football is awesome and everyone should be watching.

Also, I am still laughing at that last paragraph of the Meyer thing I posted. It is absolutely hilarious that the media pretends Meyer getting a lapdance from some young blonde would piss his players off. They don't give two shits about that. Him skipping the flight is what they don't like.

I think him skipping the flight is also a great example of the difference between college and pro coaches. Meyer still has the college "it's MY program" mentality. He needs to adapt to the pro "we are a team" mentality.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:20 am It is absolutely hilarious that the media pretends Meyer getting a lapdance from some young blonde would piss his players off. They don't give two shits about that. Him skipping the flight is what they don't like.
For the most part, yes. good thing Tebow didn't make the team!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Jon Gruden said Demaurice Smith (NFLPA leader) had "lips the size of michellin tires" in an email 10 years ago.

The best part? They found the email because they were investigating the WTFers, and he had send it to Bruce Allen, team president at the time.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:46 pm Jon Gruden said Demaurice Smith (NFLPA leader) had "lips the size of michellin tires" in an email 10 years ago.
Well, i'm pretty sure he's done. Cancel culture is gonna end him
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:50 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:46 pm Jon Gruden said Demaurice Smith (NFLPA leader) had "lips the size of michellin tires" in an email 10 years ago.
Well, i'm pretty sure he's done. Cancel culture is gonna end him
Intent continues to be important. The skin color of the speaker/target does not necessarily imply intent, and assuming so is racist.

No question he meant it as a slur, but did he mean it as a racial slur? For all we know he was repeating something he heard his black players say about Smith. Would it be ok if they said it? If so, double standards are not ok and need to be eliminated. You want everyone to play by the same rules, then everyone needs to be judged by the same rules.