NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:40 am I would have taken Etienne.
Ja'Marr Chase working out pretty well so far.

Probably just jinxed him.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

2-0 Raiders
2-1 Bengals
1-2 Chiefs
3-0 Panthers

Who knew?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if Brady would retire if he had a perfect year?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Also, that Ravens game, holy fuck

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:20 pm Also, that Ravens game, holy fuck
Yet somehow as i watched it, i knew Detroit was going to blow it.

And poor Justin Fields got a baptism by fire today. Sacked 9 times..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:32 pm My fantasy team keeps being the luckiest fucking team on earth, which ruins my draft, and thus my team keeps sucking.

Jesus is, of course, the team I played, and we have 0 players tonight.
This week: 4th worst (out of 12) in points. My opponent? 3rd worst.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:45 pm La'el Collins allegedly tried to bribe drug test collector.
Saw that story yesterday. Guy's a complete idiot and it should be a season ban for what he did.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:57 am Instant replay said no touchdown.
The issue is that there was no definitive angle that showed a TD. Dak was blocked from every angle but one, and that angle had him reaching, but unsure where he was due to him being invisible every where else.

It probably was a TD, but I can see why they said what they said.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I thought it was an obvious TD live, but apparently the side judges couldn't see.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 am I thought it was an obvious TD live, but apparently the side judges couldn't see.
Given the importance of the goal line, it seems odd that there aren't cameras positioned above it in the stadium.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 am I thought it was an obvious TD live, but apparently the side judges couldn't see.
You know what's really weird? There's an RFID chip inside the football that tells the NFL where it is 25 times a second, but they don't use that to tell.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

What's weird is how nobody in the media has asked why the NFL doesn't use it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:03 am What's weird is how nobody in the media has asked why the NFL doesn't use it.
TO be fair, the NY Times did, 4 years ago, and the NFL said it wasn't precise enough.
They are accurate to within six inches of the ball, which wouldn’t help when the most contentious calls come down to much smaller distances.
Which feels like it might have been enough on that TD call, imho.
Ah...
But the N.F.L. has challenges other sports don’t face. A Hawk-Eye spokesman told ESPN in 2015 that the cluster of players around first-down and goal-line plays could make its system useless because 25 percent of the ball must be clearly visible for it to work. Hawk-Eye did not respond to a message seeking comment.
But, as long as the Hawk-Eye sensors were above the play, they would have worked for the Dallas call, since it was uncovered from the top.

Also, the article's 4 years old, I don't doubt they could be a little more accurate by now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Super Bowl halftime show gets big
Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar will perform for the first time onstage together at the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Interesting. Snoop and Em have a current feud.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:41 pm Interesting. Snoop and Em have a current feud.
"We good" - Jan 2021

I dunno, had to google it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Rap beefs are so strange.

Snoop not thinking Em is one of the 10 best rappers of all time is pretty insane too. Makes me think there's racism behind it.

Who expected the Bengals-Jags game to be so good?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This video is cool because of:

Chase's comment to BB.

#55 on the Eagles

#94 on the Dolphins

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:26 pm #94 on the Dolphins
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Wilkins

His attitude is kinda awesome.

As a kid I always felt these people should hate each other! MORTAL ENEMIES! I didn't understand how they could basically be friends outside the game.