NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I couldn't imagine having to decide about paying him or Cousins right now.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Jones got paid
The New York Giants have agreed to a four-year, $160 million deal with quarterback Daniel Jones, sources told ESPN, and have used their nonexclusive franchise tag on running back Saquon Barkley.

The Giants made the moves just ahead of Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline for NFL teams to use their franchise and transition tags.

Jones will make $82 million guaranteed at signing as part of the deal, which also includes up to $35 million in incentives, sources told ESPN's Jordan Raanan.
160 - 82 - 35 = 43. What are the other $43 millions? Just regular, but non-guaranteed money?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

That's a hella lot of money for Daniel Jones.. All of the sudden the Watson deal doesn't look so expensive. It's also had a major factor in the Lamar vs Baltimore fiasco. Well done Browns, can't win on the field but they win off the field alot. LOL
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:18 am That's a hella lot of money for Daniel Jones.. All of the sudden the Watson deal doesn't look so expensive. It's also had a major factor in the Lamar vs Baltimore fiasco. Well done Browns, can't win on the field but they win off the field alot. LOL
Jones is $20.5M / yr guaranteed. Watson is $46M / yr guaranteed. Feels pretty different? Also, Watson couldn't even play the most of the first year.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:23 am Jones is $20.5M / yr guaranteed. Watson is $46M / yr guaranteed. Feels pretty different?
Sure, thats the guaranteed pay. But any year he is playing for them he will make $40+ million, lot of money.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The NFL has lost its mind.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:44 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:23 am Jones is $20.5M / yr guaranteed. Watson is $46M / yr guaranteed. Feels pretty different?
Sure, thats the guaranteed pay. But any year he is playing for them he will make $40+ million, lot of money.
Depends on those incentives, which are $9M/year.
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:58 pm The NFL has lost its mind.
QB is what matters most.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:05 pm QB is what matters most.
Agreed, so pay a good one...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I feel like the chart would be more useful as a yearly guaranteed...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'd agree with that. The guarantee part does give it some weight though.

FYI< I only posted it because it happened to come up in my Twitter feed while we were discussing this stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Houston Texans will forfeit their original fifth-round selection in the 2023 NFL draft and have been fined $175,000 for a salary cap reporting violation involving former quarterback Deshaun Watson, the NFL announced Thursday.

After a review, the NFL determined that the Texans provided Watson compensation in the form of a membership at an alternative athletic facility in 2020, early in the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Texans said they "absorbed $26,777 in costs for player benefits for the use of alternate athletic facilities." The team said it understands that amount "should have been charged instead to player salaries."
That seems really harsh considering.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The "alternate athletic facility":
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Panthers trade the Bears for the #1 pick.

Being honest, I don't think the price was too steep. Probably helps that Chicago is one of the worst run franchises.

So who are they grabbing? Young (did not throw at combine and yes is only 5'10"), Stroud (did throw, over 6', big arm, did well at combine), Robinson (might have the biggest arm and did well at combine), or Levis (did not do well at the combine)?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Chicago Bears are trading the No. 1 pick in the 2023 draft to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for four draft picks and wide receiver DJ Moore, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Bears will receive Carolina's first-round selection at No. 9, the 61st pick (late second round), a 2024 first-round selection and a 2025 second-round pick, according to Schefter.
2 1sts, 2 2nds, and DJ Moore feels pretty high to me. But they need something. I would have waited to next year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:20 pm 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and DJ Moore feels pretty high to me.
What did Cleveland give up for Watson again...?
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:20 pm I would have waited to next year.
For who? Seriously, I haven't given this any thought yet. Who are the big name QBs available next year? I thought this was the year.