NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 am https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/04 ... extension/

This is gonna piss off Leisher.
I think he's just resigned to it at this point.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 am I think he's just resigned to it at this point.
While i may never fully understand the distaste for Tomlin in Pittsburgh, i do get alot of Steelers feed in my Twitter timeline and Leisher is definitely not alone in his feelings for him.

A year ago i probably would have taken Tomlin as the Browns coach in a second, but now.. Lets just say we're all pretty happy with the reigning NFL coach of the year.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 am I think he's just resigned to it at this point.
While i may never fully understand the distaste for Tomlin in Pittsburgh, i do get alot of Steelers feed in my Twitter timeline and Leisher is definitely not alone in his feelings for him.

A year ago i probably would have taken Tomlin as the Browns coach in a second, but now.. Lets just say we're all pretty happy with the reigning NFL coach of the year.
It's hard to evaluate coaches given all the variables. I'd consider Tomlin a #10 through #15 coach, I think.

Browns have a lot of the right pieces, time to at least win the division this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 am
Stranger wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 am https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/04 ... extension/

This is gonna piss off Leisher.
I think he's just resigned to it at this point.
Yeah. I "nothing" it.

I mean what can I do? Dan Rooney II is simply not going to fire a black head coach. (Remember his dad was an ambassador for Obama.) Particularly not one who "has never had a losing season". It doesn't matter that every important detail of this run proves it's all been despite Tomlin, and they should have actually been far more successful. 2-3 years ago, every minority (not in terms of race, but absolutely does include minorities) owner of the Steelers signed a document that was presented to Rooney asking him to dump Tomlin, and he did nothing.

The fact that Rooney probably really believes the fan base wants this, and they both think they have a contender pretty much says all one needs to know.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mock draft with all trades.

Honestly? If I'm the Jags, I take that trade. Although, I'd probably ask for a bit more than just those two players.

Lawrence in SD just seems like a perfect fit since neither really cares about winning. Meanwhile, the Jags get their franchise QB, a stud DB, and whatever else they could pry away from SD.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm Rule changes for the upcoming season.
Rich McKay, chairman of the NFL competition committee, said neither the committee nor owners felt comfortable with adding an additional official with full authority.
Why not? Just put #8 up in the booth and let him be a part of the team with better tools + vision. Honestly, at this point, camera up the whole field and make them all watch monitors.
Did not act on a "spot or choose" proposal from the Ravens for the winner of the overtime coin toss. In that scenario, the team would have the option to choose either which team will have the first possession of overtime or where the ball would be spotted.
That's a shame, this really is gold.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:36 pm Rich McKay, chairman of the NFL competition committee, said neither the committee nor owners felt comfortable with adding an additional official with full authority.
Yeah, this part bugged me too. Then why add anyone?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers CB arrested and faces felony charges.

His name is Layne and he got arrested in Lane County. That's cool. I mean for us, not so much for him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

There's a growing concern in Cleveland that if Fields starts to fall the Steelers make a move up to get him. Maybe its just the ingrained thought that the Steelers are always making picks that us Browns fan don't like or maybe the fact that Pittsburgh has a decent track record of drafting Buckeyes.

I really, really don't want that to happen.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If it makes you feel better, I don't want that to happen either because I don't want Tomlin to ruin Fields.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ravens could be a dark horse for a QB.

Chances of this happening is probably around 1%, but it's not 0%.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Bridgewater out of Carolina for a 6th rounder. And the Panthers will pay him $7M. Ouch.
Bridgewater, who signed a three-year, $63 million deal with the Panthers before last season, threw for 3,733 yards in 2020, with 15 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. By renegotiating the final two years of Bridgewater's deal, the Panthers will save $6 million in 2021 and $26 million in 2022, a source told ESPN's David Newton.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:31 pm Bridgewater out of Carolina for a 6th rounder. And the Panthers will pay him $7M. Ouch.
Bridgewater, who signed a three-year, $63 million deal with the Panthers before last season, threw for 3,733 yards in 2020, with 15 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. By renegotiating the final two years of Bridgewater's deal, the Panthers will save $6 million in 2021 and $26 million in 2022, a source told ESPN's David Newton.
SF's pick is 100% in Shanahan's hands. I'm hearing Mac Jones was his guy and Trey Lance is who his scouting department wants.

I've been hearing that Carolina is not going to pass on Fields if other teams let him drop. This is despite them trading for Darnold who cost nothing to get. Apparently, Rule really likes Fields.

Denver was favored to grab the 5th QB, but now...

I'm also hearing Najee Harris won't make it to #24 for Pittsburgh to take him like most people think. One guy thinks he goes at 16 or 18.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I would definitely grab a QB over betting on Bridgewater
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

In the guessing game of "Who will the 49ers pick?" did anyone guess Aaron Rodgers?

What does that say about the 49ers? What a shit show. You give up all those first rounders to trade up, and then you try to trade out for an aging QB?

Pats want into the top ten.

Eagles too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Also hearing that the Pats might be close to a deal with the 49ers for Jimmy G.