NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Thielen gets me a point for the first time today with 26 seconds left in the game...

This Dan Campbell might be just the nutjob Detroit needs. Goes for 2 and the win with 46 seconds to go. Let's see if they can hang on. The dude is high energy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

And they lose to a 54 yarder in the final seconds... Ouch!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm And they lose to a 54 yarder in the final seconds... Ouch!
"Let's go for the win! Oh, right, we're the Lions"
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:49 pm 2-0 Raiders
2-1 Bengals
1-2 Chiefs
3-0 Panthers

Who knew?
Raiders + Panthers are 0-2 since I posted that. Chiefs + Bengals 1-1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

At this point, I'm cheering for the Bills to win the Super Bowl. Fuck everyone else.

Actually, I'd be OK with the Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Packers, or Cards winning it, too. So, Fuck the Bucs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Gruden has been fired.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:14 pm Gruden has been fired.
Still not reported on ESPN, but once the gays + women were included, that was inevitable
Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden used misogynistic and anti-gay language in numerous emails during a seven-year period beginning in 2011, The New York Times reported Monday night, saying it has reviewed the emails.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

According to this, he is "resigning"
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, there was an announcement made during this game about his resignation.

Last week the Ravens lined up in victory formation and then ran for 5 yards against an unaware defense to get over 100+ yards rushing and maintain their streak of 48 games with that stat. The football gods did not enjoy that and are punishing them for it tonight. The Ravens have 59 yards rushing with 5 minutes to go and the Colts have the ball.

Also, JuJu is done for the year.

In other news, a rare weekend for me where the Steelers won, Buckeyes won, and both of my fantasy teams won.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:59 pm Last week the Ravens lined up in victory formation and then ran for 5 yards against an unaware defense to get over 100+ yards rushing and maintain their streak of 48 games with that stat. The football gods did not enjoy that and are punishing them for it tonight. The Ravens have 59 yards rushing with 5 minutes to go and the Colts have the ball.
Well, they lost the streak, but won the game.
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:59 pm In other news, a rare weekend for me where the Steelers won, Buckeyes won, and both of my fantasy teams won.
UNC lost. WTFers lost. Panthers lost. My fantasy team lost.

Go Wake!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ravens didn't win, so much as, the Colts handed them the victory.

Bad week for kickers...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Urban Meyer's probably pretty happy to have the cycle off him for now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Wonder how many more vacancies there will be :)
The NFL Players Association said Tuesday it plans to request that the NFL release the remainder of the 650,000 emails reviewed as part of the investigation into workplace misconduct with the Washington Football Team.

Leaked emails from that investigation that showed Jon Gruden used racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language led to the Las Vegas Raiders coach's resignation Monday night.

"We have had communications with the league, and the NFLPA plans to request that the NFL release the rest of the emails," NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith told USA Today Sports in a telephone interview.

NFLPA spokesman George Atallah confirmed to ESPN's Dan Graziano that the union planned to request the emails. An NFL spokesman told USA Today that it had no plans to release those emails for confidentiality reasons.

Attorneys representing 40 former employees of the Washington Football Team also urged the NFL to release the emails.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Gruden emails were part of the WTFers investigation, but the NFL opened a new investigation over the Summer into the emails, but had yet to do anything about it.
By last week, however, the league had not yet acted on what it found in the emails. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was briefed on the email investigation findings last week. The league planned to present its findings to the Raiders at an in person meeting that had not yet been scheduled, people familiar with the matter said.
Good news for other coaches/GMS....
Based on the material the league has reviewed, people familiar with the matter said, no other current team or NFL employees are under investigation by the league.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I saw some of the Gruden stuff, and honestly, of the scandals about people's past behavior, it's pretty lame.

Also, one question I've seen asked, but not answered is: "Why isn't ESPN pointing out that all of this happened while he worked for them?"
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Favre and the Million Dollar Man are in trouble in Mississippi.

I'm a bit confused by this one. I see loads of people saying they "stole" the money, but they were apparently paid for something?

If they did steal it, why no criminal charges?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:48 pm but they were apparently paid for something?
Something they never did.
White said the Hall of Fame quarterback received $1.1 million in welfare funds for multiple speeches for which he did not show up.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Favre claims the payments were not for appearance fees he never made, but rather, commercials and ads he did do (and there would obviously be proof of that...I assume).

And again, if it's so black and white, why no criminal charges? If he is defrauding the state, arrest him!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »