NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:43 am history says the Steelers will have a losing season this year along with the Packers, Raiders, Titans and Falcons.
I'll buy: Steelers, Raiders, and Falcons for losing records. But not the Packers. Titans feel very 50/50
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I could see the Titans regressing, especially if Henry gets hurt. However, Willis is a wildcard for them that could mean a lot of wins or losses.

Not sure how the Falcons could possibly be projected for a winning record unless their schedule is super easy. The Pack get at least 5 free division wins every year, but maybe their total wins drops from last year. Raiders have a new coach. Steelers make sense because BB retired and they now have a legit QB competition with all three looking decent.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:46 am I'll buy: Steelers
Did they lose Tomlin? Steelers have the longest streak of winning seasons thanks to him!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Remind me to kick your ass next time I see you...

I was thinking about Tomlin's record the other day and I realized who he is as a coach: Data in Peak Performance

He just plays to not lose. It's why he's a good regular season coach, but terrible in the playoffs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Booger getting called out by all of Twitter for his shitty take on Aaron Donald swinging a helmet like a weapon during a practice with the Bengals.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I don't think Baltimore's injury issues are over...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Washintong's 1st string RB gets shot twice. Stable condition, unknown how long out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Jimmy G restructures contract to avoid getting cut.
Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday that Garoppolo and the Niners agreed to a restructured one-year contract that is worth $6.5 million in fully guaranteed base salary. The new-look deal contains another total of $500,000 in roster bonuses and playtime bonuses that could boost it by another nearly $9 million for up to a total of $16 million if all bonuses are reached.

Garoppolo's restructured contract also includes a no-trade and no-tag clause that ensures Garoppolo will serve as the backup to Trey Lance this season and will then be able to explore unrestricted free agency in 2023.
I guess he's hoping Lance will stink, he'll get to play + prove he can play?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's pretty late to go find a new team. I think this was probably a mutual thing. It allows him to heal up some more and start fresh next year when some team realizes their guy sucks. Meanwhile, SF can hold onto him in case a contender loses their starter, including SF, and gets desperate enough to give up too much in a trade.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Loads of rumors that Brady was gone because of marital issues as his wife is not thrilled he unretired.

That's possible, but my money is still on him not wanting to be in camp.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:34 pm Loads of rumors that Brady was gone because of marital issues as his wife is not thrilled he unretired.

That's possible, but my money is still on him not wanting to be in camp.
I'm going with the former. She's probably been waiting for him to retire for a while to help out the nannies :)

Also, the plastic surgery.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers release their depth chart. Pickett is the #3? Wow.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:20 pm Steelers release their depth chart. Pickett is the #3? Wow.
Things will change this season, is my gues.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It does make sense if you really look at things:
-Mitch is signed to a 1 year deal and the intention was to always start him.
-Tomlin is trying to get a third rounder for Rudolph, who has played well in the pre-season. Him being a primary backup makes that price make more sense.
-I had always heard the plan was to sit Pickett until Mitch bombs or for a year so he can learn.

But yeah, we will see.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »