NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

If that's meaningful for you. . . .

But really, going back to the beginning, who did go the longest before losing a game?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

NFL East - Everyone wins... except the Cowboys :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Prescott out 6-8 weeks.

The Cowboys weren't going to have a good year anyway.

Browns needed help from the refs to beat the GOAT Baker Mayfield.

Ok, I might just be trolling Stranger for fun there... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 am Ok, I might just be trolling Stranger for fun there...
It did look funny when it happened but in reality he just took a giant step back and the ball was on the ground, if anything it looked more like he fumbled it to me.

That game had just about everything everybody was expecting in it.

Baker getting passes batted at the line- check
Baker sailing passes all over the place and tossing a pick- check
Baker making a couple of splash plays to make things interesting- check
Garrett sacking Baker twice- check
Chubb being the unstoppable force he always is- check
Hunt with the nose for the endzone- check
Brisset looking slow, late with passes and very underwhelming- check
Defense looking good overall- check
Browns being Browns and making the game so much closer than it ever should've been- BIG CHECK!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Here you go Stranger. This guy points out how the Panthers deserved to lose, but were completely screwed by the refs twice on the final drive.

I agree with him. I also think the Browns were clearly the better team.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:20 pm I also think the Browns were clearly the better team.
Marginally better. 9-8
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This was a funny thing from yesterday: The AFC South had 0 wins and two of them played one another.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If sports curses are real, then Seattle deserves one for this shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Teammates need to be close, but, uh...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Will Brady make it through the season?

Interestingly, Bill Simmons hinted on one of his pods in the summer that he believed Brady might retire midseason.

Concussions down 50% with new guardian helmets.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:18 pm Concussions down 50% with new guardian helmets.
Nice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I saw that on the field the other day and one of our golf league members was wearing a hat with it.

Stranger, what's the deal with the Elf?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 pm I saw that on the field the other day and one of our golf league members was wearing a hat with it.

Stranger, what's the deal with the Elf?
Cleveland was sad that everyone was making fun of the Commanders instead of them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 pm Stranger, what's the deal with the Elf?
Are you saying you don't know the story of Brownie the Elf??!!? So originally Brownie appeared on the game day program of the 1946 Browns. Paul Brown, contemplated putting the elf on the helmet as a logo and correctly decided not to but it was a part of the teams' promotions and such for some time. When Art Modell purchased the team some 5-10 years later he hated the elf so much he banished Brownie from existence for the next 60 or so years.

Brownie started to make some appearances on team only worn sideline apparel about 5 years ago but nothing sold to the public to purchase. Since the new regime takeover 3 years ago our sexy head coach was wearing Brownie apparel in just about every press conference and Brownie started to become popular again for some reason.

About a month ago the Browns held an online vote for the fans to choose how the field would look this years. There were 4 choices, two with the traditional Browns helmet at midfield and two with Brownie at midfield. This is the one that won the vote. The Browns haven't had any midfield logo the past 4 or 5 years.

I can see why a team named after a color but wears a different color, known as the dawg pound and now has a giant football toting elf at midfield would be confusing as fuck to anybody outside of Cleveland.

Personally never been a fan of that stupid looking elf, but this one is actually the best looking version i've seen if that can even be a thing. I'll be interested how it looks on TV because its enormous.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I think it's awesome. But in more of a satirical way :)