NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:43 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:20 pm Steelers release their depth chart. Pickett is the #3? Wow.
Things will change this season, is my gues.
already changed
Rookie Kenny Pickett, selected by Pittsburgh in the first round of the 2022 draft, will be the backup quarterback, and Tomlin said the Steelers are pleased with his development.

Veteran Mason Rudolph is the No. 3 quarterback.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin claims it was a "clerical error".

Heck of a tight ship Tomlin runs...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Ah, well, makes a lot more sense.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Steelers reporter literally puts his balls on the line.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/po ... r-AA11CuEL

The Cleveland radio station i listen to has this guy on probably once a week when they go around the AFN north. He hates Tomlin, like so many braindead Steelers fan do.. He rails them for not starting Kenny tiny hands Pickett week 1 yet he's got this much confidence in THIS years team?

I'd normally say this is a lock of a bet, but i'm not sure i'd be putting my balls on the line. People are really down on the Browns this year and i get it. Jacoby Brisett doesn't really get anybody excited, but i'd say he can play just as well as Baker did last year playing hurt and they were in the playoff hunt up until Christmas day.

I really hope this guy holds up his end of the bargain when the Steelers finish last in the division. :mrgreen:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wouldn't take that bet either. But I think the odds are on his side.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:21 am He hates Tomlin, like so many braindead Steelers fan do..
Things people who have never won a championship say.
Stranger wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:21 am Jacoby Brisett doesn't really get anybody excited, but i'd say he can play just as well as Baker did last year playing hurt and they were in the playoff hunt up until Christmas day.
I have heard the term "unplayable" used when describing him. I thought he was better than that? I think with heavy doses of Chub/Hunt and a solid D, Brisett can just manage the game and Cleveland will be fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Browns sure read the scouting report on Baker Mayfield :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Well, Washington, that was a decent first half...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Even the best coach can't will his team over the runner-ups.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:05 pm Even the best coach can't will his team over the runner-ups.
Buy maybe Minkah can?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh man... Poor Panthers. lots of close games today.

Commanders are the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Best coach ever laying the groundwork for hardest .500 ever!

- edit - Well, maybe not - MITCH TRUBISKY! HERO! :)
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:16 pm Oh man... Poor Panthers. lots of close games today.

Commanders are the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL!
Wait a minute. Weren't half the teams undefeated the first week of the NFL back in 1920?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:27 pm Wait a minute. Weren't half the teams undefeated the first week of the NFL back in 1920?
Fine, the CURRENT history!

So... kickers... so essential, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

As my BIL said, "The Steelers-Bengals game was drunk." Absolutely insane. 1st touchdown of the NFL season was a pick 6 on Joe Burrow's 1st throw of the season. Bengals didn't review a scoring play by Chase that was marked at the 1 with 30-40 seconds to go. They should have as he broke the plane and they were down 6. On fourth down, however, he scored again with no time left. They line up for the extra point and blocked! Overtime. Steelers fail to do anything on 1st drive. Bengals take over and drive to the 30 or so. They opt to kick a FG on 3rd down and a high snap puts the laces in and shank. Steelers then try a 55 yarder that bounces off the left post. Bengals try to drive and on 3rd down Burrow is strip sacked right on the 50. The ball goes to a Bengal who brings it forward to the 40, but some rule means the play ended where Burrow fumbled. So they punt. Pittsburgh actually drives down and wins with a 50 yarder and no time left in OT.

So both Super Bowl teams and both #1 seeds from last year lost this week.
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:29 pm Fine, the CURRENT history!
Ok Ohio State.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:23 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:29 pm Fine, the CURRENT history!
Ok Ohio State.
OSU has been around for a long time and is not undefeated in their history like the Commanders are.