NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

What a game. (First half)

Giants: 16 plays, 55 yards, 0 points

Eagles: 18 first downs, 259 yards, 28 points.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I hope Sunday's games are better.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Buffalo's D is terrible. Were any of them ever taught how to tackle? Their O line getting beat when Cincy is only rushing 3 is embarrassing as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:19 pm Buffalo's D is terrible. Were any of them ever taught how to tackle? Their O line getting beat when Cincy is only rushing 3 is embarrassing as well.
Maybe they just don't know how to play in snow?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That Kittle catch was amazing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The cameras made it look like the Cowboys had nearly left the field after that 3rd down to end the 49ers final drive, before the punt. They should have run to the line and run a play.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Last weekend: 4 blue teams (I'm including Teal), 3 orange/red teams, 1 green team. All the blue teams lost.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Half of me likes the trash talk, half of me thinks it's juvenile. I dunno, at the end of the day, I'd rather see some trash talk than this:
(insert comic I couldn't find of two fans of different soccer teams fighting each other, while the players on the field talk about whose yacht they're going to party at that weekend)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Panthers hire Frank Reich as their new HC.

There will inevitably be racism claims considering the success Wilks was having...although a losing record can't really be called success, can it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:03 pm Panthers hire Frank Reich as their new HC.

There will inevitably be racism claims considering the success Wilks was having...although a losing record can't really be called success, can it?
Not a terribly exciting pick. But not a bad one...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, some of the best HCs were scoffed at when they were hired.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This is arriving with two trains of thought:
1- This is a ploy by the Bears to increase the price of the #1 pick because it makes it seem like they want to stay at #1.
2- Chicago, being one of the worst run franchises in the NFL and who just hired a guy with a grudge against Fields, really wants to draft a weaker armed, less durable, and less athletic QB.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Why do I dislike the Eagles?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:27 pm Why do I dislike the Eagles?
Because their fans are complete shit.

That being said, Hurts won me my first(at least in this keeper league, i think 2nd ever) ever fantasy championship, so Fly Eagles Fly! :)

I do feel bad for the 49ers, though, 4 QBs this season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:35 pm Because their fans are complete shit.
I'm going to agree.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:35 pm I do feel bad for the 49ers, though, 4 QBs this season.
They have to really be regretting that Trey Lance pick. He's shown nothing. Justin Fields has a bigger arm, has more experience, can run better, and is more durable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

11 minutes left in the game, 28-7, 49ers QB is disabled... why is a not-100% Hurts still in the game?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That wasn't a game. That was just a very sad exhibition. Once Purdy went down it was over. Johnson was not ready and then once he went down it was an embarrassment.

You're right, Hurts should have been pulled immediately. The game was over.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:29 pm That wasn't a game. That was just a very sad exhibition. Once Purdy went down it was over.
Yeah. It was very sad. None of us got the game we wanted, except shitty Eagles fans :)