NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:45 pm Steelers take George Pickens in Rd 2.

Considering their insane level of success drafting WRs, do you think other teams see the Steelers draft a WR and then think, "Fuck, we could have had him."
Seems like everyone is taking WRs in rd 1 + 2 so far.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Finally another QB is off the board in R3.

Poor Malik is still out there in limbo. Good kid. I hope he ends up somewhere that can actually develop him.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Malik goes to Tennessee. That's a good landing spot for him. Good coach in Vrabel and he has a vet he can sit behind for a few years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Once I saw Howell slide past the 4th, I thought "The Commanders should just pick him up at this point, our QB room aint exactly hoppin"

And sure enough, they did.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Raiders fired their president for being a whistleblower?

Conspiracy theory: The NFL wants to Raiders to succeed in Vegas. There's a ton of potential there considering all the people that would go there to see their teams play. Mark Davis is not a rich owner, and I doubt he has the friends his dad has. The NFL wants Davis out in favor of someone who could better leverage Vegas for the NFL.

AB shits on Kaep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:42 am onspiracy theory: The NFL wants to Raiders to succeed in Vegas. There's a ton of potential there considering all the people that would go there to see their teams play. Mark Davis is not a rich owner, and I doubt he has the friends his dad has. The NFL wants Davis out in favor of someone who could better leverage Vegas for the NFL.
Seems pretty reasonable.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Week 17 vs. Cleveland - 1/1, 2023

Washington will host the Cleveland Browns in Week 17 at FedExField. Washington is 12-34-1 all-time against the Browns and last played the team in Cleveland in 2020
Washington is 3-1 against the Browns dating back to 2008.
Washington is 5-16-1 against the Browns at home all-time.
Well, Happy New Years' Day? Stranger + Leisher?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:17 pm Well, Happy New Years' Day? Stranger + Leisher?
I had a good laugh myself when i saw this game was on New Years Day.. Browns should be on cruise control at that time and getting ready for the playoffs. :mrgreen:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:27 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:17 pm Well, Happy New Years' Day? Stranger + Leisher?
I had a good laugh myself when i saw this game was on New Years Day.. Browns should be on cruise control at that time and getting ready for the playoffs. :mrgreen:
nah, we'll be playing each other with the #1 seed on the line for each of us! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 am nah, we'll be playing each other with the #1 seed on the line for each of us!
I'd love to see it happen!

Browns are starting 4-0, easy. Panthers, Jets, Steelers and Falcons to start the season. All pushovers that the Browns will roll.

NFC East is really bad, so i can see Washington hanging in that division. Going be all on how well Wentz plays though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Suh and Clowney to the Browns likely.
Stranger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:15 am Browns are starting 4-0, easy. Panthers, Jets, Steelers and Falcons to start the season. All pushovers that the Browns will roll.
They probably will and that will make their inevitable collapse in the playoffs that much funnier and entertaining!

When is word expected to come down regarding punishment for your serial sexual assaulter QB? I heard a rumor of 9 games, but I've also heard the NFL is feeling more pressure now thanks to the Trevor Bauer 2 year suspension.

Chiefs will be the first team in history whose first 8 opponents had winning records the previous year.

Meanwhile, the Steelers are starting on the road again for something like the 8th year in a row.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:20 am When is word expected to come down regarding punishment for your serial sexual assaulter QB? I heard a rumor of 9 games, but I've also heard the NFL is feeling more pressure now thanks to the Trevor Bauer 2 year suspension.
Recently a judge had ruled that any court date for these civil cases will not be until April of 2023 at the earliest. Both attorneys for Watson and the women agreed that there would be no court dates during the season. So only depositions are happening right now and there is no way all that would be done in time for the beginning of the season. So unless Deshaun settles his cases, which he has been adamant that he wouldn't then he might not be suspended at all this season but more possibly next season.

While on the surface the Trevor Bauer situation seems to be similar, Bauer has alot of evidence against him for domestic violence on top of the sexual assault. Two grand jury's IN TEXAS didn't find any evidence against a rich black man so that should say something on its own. Not saying i think Deshaun is innocent, but these are different situations.

I just think it would be hard for the NFL to punish someone for something he has been acquitted of but still has pending civil cases against him. But the NFL is more concerned about public opinion and they can do whatever they like. Also, Godell is no longer the judge, jury and executioner anymore. During the last round of labor negotiations both sides agreed to have an independent former judge do that now. We'll see how "SHE" judges..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher, have i said it yet??? If not...

BROWNS WIN SUPER BOWL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:56 am Two grand jury's IN TEXAS didn't find any evidence against a rich black man so that should say something on its own.
That says nothing to me. People are not more or less racist based on geography. You'll find as many racists in New York and California as you would Texas. And pro tip: Just as many that wear blue ties as those who wear red no matter what they claim. Also, see below because you're making assumptions that are not true about grand juries.
Stranger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:56 am I just think it would be hard for the NFL to punish someone for something he has been acquitted of but still has pending civil cases against him.
Being acquitted is not the same as a grand jury declining to indict you. It does NOT mean he's innocent or that there wasn't evidence against him. Odds of 22 women all making up stories with very similar details are far, far slimmer than the odds of him being innocent. However, he was smart and got all of his massages at home. That home court advantage makes the women look dumb and bad. Also, there's no chance of anything being caught on camera. That makes every single case "he said, she said" and almost impossible to prove.

To contrast, BB was accused twice. One of them, the one in Colorado, was absolutely proven to be horseshit by the woman's own texts to her friends. The other one, in the bar somewhere down South, was more credible, but it was still a "he said, she said" case. Both had been drinking. They were flirting and spending time together prior to the incident. Then they were in a private room alone. Neither case ever got close to a grand jury yet BB was suspended 6 games (later reduced to 4 if I'm remembering correctly).

Point being, the NFL can still act and would be justified in doing so. They could do so now or they could do so later, it's really up to them. No matter what happens with the civil suits, the NFL doing nothing would be a really bad look for them and could cost them female fans, especially with what's happening with Roe vs. Wade right now and how extreme women's groups are declaring that they're essentially living in the world of "A Handmaid's Tale".

Personally, I will be rooting for him to be suspended for the year or break his leg/back or something along those lines. Nothing against the Browns, but I agree with Cyrus Grissom and if you make it to the SB I have already promised to root for them with you. Honestly, I'd rather not root for Johnny-23. (Too bad Gordon doesn't like sports because he would understand this reference.)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NBC parts ways with Brees.

He was like a cardboard cutout in the studio.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN FPI Projections 2022
Cleveland 9-7
Commanders 8-9
Pitt 7-10
Panthers 7-10