NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Genuinely the saddest I've been about a retirement in a long time and my starting QB just retired.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I hear about this every day on Cleveland sports radio, it gets old real fast.

Supposedly there has always been 24 accusers, but only 22 ever pressed charges. Now that these two are seeing the possibility of getting that golden egg, they have now changed their mind.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:14 pm I hear about this every day on Cleveland sports radio, it gets old real fast.
My QB had two accusers and despite one of their claims being completely disproven, it got old real fast and made it difficult to root for him. I cannot imagine how much it sucks having a serial rapist as your QB.

In other NFL news, congrats to the Carolina Panthers for being the first organization to have a transperson on their cheer team.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:31 pm In other NFL news, congrats to the Carolina Panthers for being the first organization to have a transperson on their cheer team
North Carolina is about as progressive as it gets. :shock:
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFL pre-game shows this fall:
-Deshaun Watson and Baker
-Something about Tom Brady
-Pieces on this trans person and the hate they're going to get from that one drunk guy at a single game, but it'll be enough to say it's a tidal wave of hatred.
-Something about Bill Belicheck.
-Tomlin and Flores
-The Cowboys

Honorably not mentioned:
-Gruden's lawsuit against the NFL
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Watson is going for the record!

There is nothing normal about those numbers. They do not support his side.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The NYT has a big piece on the Watson mess.
A team representative also furnished him with a nondisclosure agreement after a woman who is now suing him threatened online to expose his behavior.
No, but seriously, did anyone in Cleveland actually look into the issues or was that lip service? Because right now, it's looking worse and worse.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Over/Under for games he plays this year? 1 is looking pretty good!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Not gonna lie, a part of me really wishes we would've just stuck with Baker. In the long run, he'll be playing again and this will be a thing of the past (although never forgotten) and there will be something else that takes the headlines in the NFL. But good lord, this is not fun for the fans..

I'd rather be dealing with Baker's shortcomings than hearing this bullshit. It has split the fanbase and it's nothing to do with football. Damn shame..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I feel you. Browns fans don't deserve this mess. Unfortunately it's all you're going to hear about until the civil suits are settled, and that won't happen in 2022.

Broncos get sold for $4B and change.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I know Stranger follows this guy and probably voted, but this can't sit well with Browns management:

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Shit, knowing what we did in January 2022, I wouldn't have gotten Watson.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Watson has some regrets, but maintains his innocence.

Honestly, when I found out he hired 66 different female massage therapists in 17 months, that was the clincher for me.

Humans are creatures of habit. You find something that works and you tend to stick with it. 66 different women in 17 months is sexually driven.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:41 pm 66 different women in 17 months is sexually driven.
Maybe he was just trying to the The One Perfect Masseuse? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, the allegation count is now to 26.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:09 pm Apparently, the allegation count is now to 26.
Please for the love of God.. Make it stop!!

In other fun Browns news. It's really sounding like the Baker to Panthers talk is starting to get legs again. One trade scenario has the two teams trading Baker for Darnold straight up. Since their contracts are essentially the exact same it does make sense. Panthers get an upgrade for the same exact price and the Browns get an $18M third stringer.. Or at least i hope so.

Oh yeah, who do the Browns play week 1?? Yep, the Panthers.. You can't tell me the NFL isn't scripted.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I don't know what the NFL is going to do about Watson. To anyone with a brain it's pretty clear he was behaving badly. However, I would strongly argue the Texans have some culpability. The Browns big mistake was their "due diligence", which apparently involved just asking Watson if he did these things and then taking him at his word.

Calvin Ridley was suspended the entire season last year for wagering $1500 on a game. Watson has 26 allegations against him and climbing.

Meanwhile, other teams pissed at the Browns for the ludicrous contract are probably laughing their asses off and won't break a sweat defending them. Hell, they're probably going to use this entire situation as proof to why they can't offer that much guaranteed money.

Watson needs to be punished and it's got to be something historic. Anything less is going to be a PR disaster.

Houston also needs to be punished for enabling his behavior.

The Browns' punishment is going to be losing all that money and draft picks.

Again, I really feel for Browns fans like you. You don't deserve this. However, the Browns fans still defending him and excusing it away can go fuck themselves. The dude had FREE masseuses available in the team facilities. Instead he hired 66 freelancers in a 17 month span, took them someplace without cameras, and had them sign NDAs. This asshole is as guilty as it gets.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Watson's planned defense towards any suspension? Whataboutism...