NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

FUCK! FUCK! Forgot all my picks again & forgot to set my league lineup to boot. Fucking awesome. Just fucking awesome.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

You suck worse than Clausen.
It's not me, it's someone else.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

When are you allowed to make your picks on this pool. I am trying to make them tonight and am not able. Well hopefully be home by noon sunday. If not I guess I can flush that tiolet
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Picks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I actually remembered to make them.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hey, Ray Rice, stop sucking so much ass.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

1 Bay City Rollers, T. West 11 9 6 8 0 0 0 0 0 28
2 Colorado MTNHORS, D. Nehring 7 8 11 6 0 0 0 0 0 26
3 unkbill2000 1, w. rost 9 0 6 10 0 0 0 0 0 25
4 Northeast Divers, J. Santino 7 7 7 10 0 0 0 0 0 24
4 gregstyp 1, G. Stypulkowski 8 9 7 4 0 0 0 0 0 24
6 RockyTop, J. Seal 7 7 7 4 0 0 0 0 0 21
6 danmathers 1, D. Mathers 6 7 8 5 0 0 0 0 0 21
8 Smoothmagne 1, m. magne 4 7 7 6 0 0 0 0 0 20
8 BillTheCatt 1, T. Catt 8 4 7 5 0 0 0 0 0 20
10 cyril_st_michael 1, C. St. Michael 10 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 18

Whose your daddy? That 0 in week 2 sucks. I'm sure it will come back to haunt me. Just happy with 3rd for now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the nice thing is that your lowest week doesn't count.

Damn I suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Goddamn Vikings. Going to get field goal'd to death at this point.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

That kickoff return cut short the Favre-Moss circle jerk-fest. Fucking pathetic. Nothing but offensive penalties and shit play.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Malcolm wrote:That kickoff return cut short the Favre-Moss circle jerk-fest. Fucking pathetic. Nothing but offensive penalties and shit play.
last minute interception and the touchdown cost a friend of mine 1400$ in a football pool. I didn't tell him to take the Vikes. He may forgive me someday. But other people in the bar today road him hard. I just told him that is what Favre does. So busy trying to win a Superbowl ring to see he is throwing it all away.(Hehe) Hope the guy take more pictures of his pecker and retires in the next few weeks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm also betting (barring injury) that he starts every single damn game this year so he can bring the total up to 300.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Since no one else has posted anything about Favre's off-field shit, I figured I'd toss a link to Ditka's opinion...

Here.

"I'm not going to be as sympathetic to the woman as a lot of people are," Ditka said. "It's two years after the fact. Cut it out, you know? If you had a problem, you could have said it back then."
Le Batard: "But it is sexual harassment, Mike."

"I don't know about that," Ditka said. "If it's sexual harassment, if it's not reported until two years after the fact. I really don't, I'll be honest with you."

I'll give the first statement to Mike & completely agree with him. The second ... I'm not entirely sure. I'm inclined to disagree.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Looking at the NFL this year, I'm glad I'm not a big time gambler. They've got to be losing their asses.

How great is the parity in the league?

Meanwhile in the NBA and MLB, it's all about a handful of teams and the majority of their leagues are also-rans.

On a different note, who will be the first coach fired?

John Fox? Mike Singletary? Marvin Lewis? Eric Mangini? Lovie Smith? Brad Childress? Wade Phillips? Chan Gailey? Tom Cable? Norv Turner?

I think Fox, Phillips, and Mangini are done after this year. I think Singletary, Lewis, Cable, Smith, and Gailey will get one more year to show what they've got. However, I wouldn't be stunned to see any fired.

The guy that really interests me is Norv Turner. I hesitate to say he sucks, but damn his teams are so inconsistent. I really believe the only reason he has a job still is because the GM doesn't want to lose face by firing him. Doing so would mean he was wrong to get rid of Schotemheimer (sp?) for him a few years back. How do you lose to St. Louis if you're a legit contender? Answer: You don't. The fucking Lions housed that team the previous week!!!!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Brad Childress?
God, I hope so. He's got Favre, Moss, Harvin, Shiancoe, & A.P. and the fucker can still barely generate offense.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Read my buddy Brett took a few lumps in the game Sunday. Fall down and go boom. Getting ready to quit or get benched. Wish the asshole would have broke his knee last year, but no he has to screw my team this year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:
Leisher wrote:Brad Childress?

God, I hope so. He's got Favre, <s>Moss</s>, Harvin, Shiancoe, & A.P. and the fucker can still barely generate offense.

Fixed.

Part of me thinks: Hell, the Skins already are mediocre/suck, why not pick him up?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Said this when we traded the fucker years ago -- he's a locker room cancer. There's nothing he can do on the field to make up for the prick he is off it. I almost want him to go to the Bengals so they can bring the 1-2-3 ego WRs.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Thursday pick this week