NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Most improved teams after free agency: 2 votes for Pats, 1 for Browns, 1 for WTFers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:18 pm Browns fucked over a coaching legend.
I heard that interview live on radio yesterday, he sure didn't hold back on anything so it was actually really good. But cmon man, there are lots of things that are being left out here.

It was pretty evident that when the team started and ended the season without a QB on the roster that had ever won a professional game that the team was tanking..

Nobody respected the guy and it wasn't just ownership. During Hard Knocks you could see the players didn't buy into him, and this was on full display when later in the year after he was fired and with the Bengals. Damarious Randall handing him a ball after he picked it, Baker taunting him after a 60 yd TD.. Oh yeah, coaches didn't respect him either, before game 1 against the Steelers Hue said Josh Gordon wasn't going to play the first half because they were punishing him. Well, second series of the game Todd Haley sends Josh right into the game. LOL!

The most frustrating part was he of course played the race card. He blames front office and ownership of undermining the (self proclaimed) most accomplished black coach in the league, well Hue did you forget that Sashi Brown was the GM?? So one of your own brethren threw you under the bus?

I'm sure glad those years are behind us. Yuck that felt gross to just relive that shit. Glad the Browns are onto kicking the Steelers asses and winning playoff games now, the way it should be!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Just admit you're all a bunch of racists who ran out a legend because of his skin color!!! :D (Sorry, I'm just pretending to be TheCatt when Tomlin finally leaves Pittsburgh.)

Seriously though, I'm certain nobody respected Hue, and I'm also certain that he probably believes a lot of how he describes things. People's egos tend to protect them from the truth about their failings. However, I'm also sure there's some truth in the things he said regarding the front office. Cleveland hasn't exactly been known for having a solid executive team.

To Hue's point, were they making the moves then that they are now? Or was the owner taking draft advice from homeless people?

Things are different there now...so far...

I will say that I do believe many coaches are hired with zero chance to succeed, but I don't think it's ever/always some sort of sabotage. Bad front offices make bad hires, put together bad rosters, make bad deals, etc.

This interview is pretty weird timing being years after the fact. I'm guessing Hue is trying to find employment by proclaiming Cleveland wasn't his fault and shouldn't be held against him?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am This interview is pretty weird timing being years after the fact. I'm guessing Hue is trying to find employment by proclaiming Cleveland wasn't his fault and shouldn't be held against him?
Sounds like he's trying to 1) fix his image and 2) sell his book that's coming out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I do not like this new 17th game. Since my team is playing at the Bills.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This new 17th game is heaven sent. Tomlin can't go 8-8! He has to either have a winning season or a losing season.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:34 am This new 17th game is heaven sent. Tomlin can't go 8-8! He has to either have a winning season or a losing season.
He'll pull out a tie.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:03 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:34 am This new 17th game is heaven sent. Tomlin can't go 8-8! He has to either have a winning season or a losing season.
He'll pull out a tie.
Fuck. Didn't think of that.

Looking at their schedule, the Steelers have a legit shot of being around .500. They're at the Bills, Packers, Chiefs, Vikings, and Chargers, so that's 1-4. Home for Da Bears, Titans, Seahawks, Lions, Raiders, and Broncos, which an early guess would be 4-2. Then the AFC North where they'll go 3-3.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 am Then the AFC North where they'll go 3-3.
So 2 wins vs the Bengals and a split with Baltimore.. I can see that!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:07 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 am Then the AFC North where they'll go 3-3.
So 2 wins vs the Bengals and a split with Baltimore.. I can see that!
Not to rain on your "talk shit parade", but that's exactly how I got to 3-3. Unlike some fans who think their team is Super Bowl bound every year, I'm a bit more realistic. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Obvious a biased OSU site, but Justin Fields had himself one hell of a pro day.

Tweets discussing it.

Fields landing in SF with Kyle Shanahan could be something special.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 am Fields landing in SF with Kyle Shanahan could be something special.
100% agree, but then why the hell was Shanahan at Mac Jones pro day?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:17 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 am Fields landing in SF with Kyle Shanahan could be something special.
100% agree, but then why the hell was Shanahan at Mac Jones pro day?
Because he buys too much into ESPN?
Or maybe because he and ESPN are racist?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

If people are racist, then you should be able to get really good black QBs for cheap
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:09 pm If people are racist, then you should be able to get really good black QBs for cheap
Considering he, a franchise QB, was on the trading block...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

With picks #1-3 "locked in" at QB, Falcons stick a "For Sale" sign in the #4 spot.

I have a feeling the Jets are taking Fields at #2, and they will ruin him. I hope they take Mac Jones at #2 and Fields falls to Shanahan at #3.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I read yesterday that Shaun Wade and Justin Fields are going to be working out for the 49ers privately soon. Then I saw this today:
That would explain why they were at Mac Jones' pro day, while most of the rest of the NFL was at Fields'.