NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Bah, the tweet got deleted.

Did you mean this one?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It was along those lines. It was Reed trying to read a play sheet through his ridiculously fogged up shield.

That late Hill TD saved my night in fantasy. I had him and Houston's kicker. Still only scored 12 total points.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It was Reed trying to read a play sheet through his ridiculously fogged up shield.
Ah, did it have too much of a real playsheet in it?
Leisher wrote: That late Hill TD saved my night in fantasy. I had him and Houston's kicker. Still only scored 12 total points.
My team sucks. Malcolm's in my one league... he had the first draft pick, (it's a keeper league, so basically a rookie draft), took the KC RB, but had already traded him away to someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

At the half... Bills feel good, Ravens feel good, Eagles feel good; Skins have glimmers of hope, Cam Newton is the Patriots.

And, oh those poor, poor Browns.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, what a change in the 2nd half of the Skins game. Can all our opponents be plagued by O line injuries? Haskins was serviceable, Chase Young and the rest of the D was awesome.

Down 17-0, come back to win 27-0. Just wow. 3 turnovers, 8 sacks. Apparently if Washington had lost, it would have given them an overall franchise losing record for the first time since 1975 (good job, Snyder).

Jack Del Rio might be the best move the WFT made this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Lions and Eagles both had huge leads and blew them. Colts got beat by the team most people thought would be the league's worst. Lots of missed kicks today.

Haskins is a good leader.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Brady's old.

YTTV had a free NFL Red Zone trial this weekend, so I watched it to see what is was like. The announcer guy that handled transitions was pretty bad. Also, they didn't mute the game feed while he was announcing, which made it jumbled. And with 8 games on, there was a lot of switching for the part I watched. It was nice for the 3 game time, since otherwise I'd only have 1 game.

Brady's old.

Oh, Browns. 3rd and 41. 16 years without opening the season with a win, now?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Brady's old.
Yep

I like the Red Zone. Although, the afternoon version of it gets sketchy as there's so few games being played. I really don't understand why the NFL can't shift their schedule to put more games on Sunday afternoon. And let's dump that Thursday night garbage.
TheCatt wrote: Oh, Browns.
I watched it with Stranger and my brother-in-law. They were less than thrilled. Browns looked poorly coached, and Mayfield seems to have regressed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dallas absolutely got screwed on this call.

The ref defending it is a fucking jackass. Not for the call, but because he's still not acknowledging that it was a bad call. Ramses (or what his name is) was flopping and the ref fell for it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I watched it with Stranger and my brother-in-law. They were less than thrilled. Browns looked poorly coached, and Mayfield seems to have regressed.
Poor Stranger.
Leisher wrote: Dallas absolutely got screwed on this call.
Eh, arm was there and extended, pushing off. Seems fine to me. Especially since it's Dallas :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Eh, arm was there and extended, pushing off.
I'm not Dallas fan, but he did not push off. His arm was out, but that was half him and half Ramses pulling it out. Ramses then did the flop backwards to make it appear he was pushed, but you can see the arm never extended.

Announcers also called it a bullshit call.

Letting the play go would not have won the game for Dallas, as they still would have been fighting a clock with no TOs, but it would have put them in FG range.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger:
Washington: I like their coach, and they have some bright spots with Buckeyes on that roster. Weak division too.. 7-9
Panthers: Tough call. Don't know what to think of the coach and i'm so so on Teddy B. And now a pretty tough division.. 6-10
Browns: Very solid offseason additions. Offensive scheme that will now have an identity. 4th easiest schedule.. 11-5
Steelers: BLOW! 7-9

Leisher:
Washington: 5-11 I think it's going to take a second for Rivera to get the ball rolling. If he gets Haskins to play like he did at OSU, these numbers could flip flop.
Panthers: 8-8 New coach, tougher schedule. Best case scenario is that O coordinator from LSU turns Teddy B into Lamar Jackson.
Browns: 10-6 The Browns should be playoff bound. However, new coach and still a smaller than average (outside of belly fat) question mark at QB. Best case is a bye week. Worst case is 3rd place in the AFC North and a continuing question mark at QB.
Steelers:
If BB is healthy, Conner stays healthy, and this new WR steps up immediately: 11-5 and eliminated in the first playoff game, which is the Tomlin standard. This is honestly the worst case scenario. BB seemed pretty done in the first game last year. There's no heir apparent. We'll get a late draft pick. Tomlin will still get credit for a good season.
However, when I first saw the schedule, I had the Steelers finishing third. 7-9 or 8-8 sound right. ANY injuries will get them there. They're not a deep team. I think not drafting Dobbins will bite them in the ass this year. Connor has a history of injuries and Snead is a less than capable backup.

So... yesterday already happened cuz I forgot to do this, but I'll do my best to be pre-yesterday
Redskins: 4-12 - Too many new parts, and an O that needs weapons.
Panthers: 5-11 - Also rebuilding
Browns: 9-7
Steelers: 9-7

I'd give the edge to the Steelers over the Browns, but who knows.

!RmindMe 1/4/2021
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger and my BIL's predictions come true: Browns get rid of their kicker.

A RB I drafted is gone for the year. This shit happened to me last year and it was my worst fantasy year ever. It does not bode well for me.

NFL is going to crack down on the numerous coaches not wearing masks on the sidelines. I don't think a single Rams coach was wearing his mask properly last night.

This was the dumbest rookie moment of the day yesterday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Stranger and my BIL's predictions come true: Browns get rid of their kicker.
On track for 15-1 now!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: don't think a single Rams coach was wearing his mask properly last night.
Using a mask AND a game plan shield.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Find screen shots from the 4th quarter, they're all off, including his.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Find screen shots from the 4th quarter, they're all off, including his.
I didn't actually go looking. That just showed up in my reddit feed due to the double-mouth covering.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That Browns kicker was a 5th round pick for them in last year's draft? Ouch.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »