NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Payton lets Denver's DC go.

Watch this because Denver's D was the best part of that team. Where he ends up could make that team more of a contender, and it sounds like it could be the Vikings.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:30 pm Payton lets Denver's DC go.

Watch this because Denver's D was the best part of that team. Where he ends up could make that team more of a contender, and it sounds like it could be the Vikings.
snatched by the Panthers
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:23 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:30 pm Payton lets Denver's DC go.

snatched by the Panthers
Makes sense with Wilks leaving.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFLPA wants to dump the combine.

They make some good points.

Goodell says officiating has never been better.

That doesn't mean it's not shit though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

When Eagles fans were polled on the team’s decision to draft Jalen Hurts, 61% graded the pick as an F. Then he became the superstar that took Philadelphia to the Super Bowl. The second most popular grade: D. Social media declared that the Eagles were clueless because they already had what was touted as a franchise quarterback, and using a prized pick on someone who looked like a backup was an utter waste. https://www.wsj.com/articles/jalen-hurt ... _permalink
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

On a pod they were running down the last 14 QBs the Eagles have faced. It's not very impressive. What does it mean? Maybe nothing. Maybe everything.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I still find it fascinating that people do so much marketing with Gronk. If ever there was a perfect example of "football players are meatheads", it's him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Turf was in terrible shape for the Super Bowl.

Reid is returning.

The most important bit of the day: Bradberry admits he held Juju on that play.

So shut the fuck up with your #rigged horseshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:03 am Turf was in terrible shape for the Super Bowl.
Yeah it was.
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:03 am The most important bit of the day: Bradberry admits he held Juju on that play.
I mean, holding happens on so many plays. I wonder what percent of defensive holding like his gets called? It definitely happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:21 am I mean, holding happens on so many plays. I wonder what percent of defensive holding like his gets called? It definitely happened.
Agree. The TV crew made things a LOT worse by ignoring the actual holding and focusing on the part of the play after the hold. Early in the play Bradberry clearly has a fistful of Juju's jersey. That's the hold. My question is "Was the flag coming out before the ball was in the air?" Or did he throw the flag because Juju's route was clearly altered, which Bradberry even discussed.

That being said, here are other things the refs apparently did last night:
-The refs wiped oil on the ball before Hurts fumbled it.
-The refs went out the night before and ruined the field so Hurts' Hail Mary would fall short as he slipped throwing it.
-The refs spiked the Eagles' water so their D would play like shit the second half.
-A ref in the stands hit the Eagles' P with a laser right when he was kicking so it'd be a low line drive and set up a great return.

The Eagles playing like shit in the 2nd half is actually an interesting tidbit because of the revelation that Vic Fangio was brought in two consult with them the past two weeks. He had faced KC a lot, is a good coach, and would have gotten a ring had they won. He clearly had them prepared in the first half, but them getting run off the field in the second half showed that they needed him the whole game as their existing DC wasn't up to the task.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:55 pm That being said, here are other things the refs apparently did last night:
Lol.

It was a great game. And, yeah, once that holding was called I said "The game's over" (I mean, 99% chance). But it was still a great game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Eagles have now lost their OC + DC to other HC openings.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Raiders release Carr before huge contract hit.

I still love that he didn't let them get anything back for him via trade. That's what they get for treating him poorly on the way out.

Rodgers is a bit of a weirdo.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

As the kids say, "I'm dead."
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Why would Eric Bieniemy leave the Chiefs for the Commanders?
I mean, that's what we've all been asking ourselves.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'll trade you Tomlin and Canada for Rivera and Bieniemy.